The Original Postcrossing Banner

I remember when the current Banner was adopted some years ago (can’t remember the year) there was a little bit controversy…we’re all creatures of habit and sometimes it takes getting use to change…does anyone have a jpg of the original Banner you could post here ??? That would be cool…

4 Likes

To be honest, I can’t remember how the old logo looked like, but I found that on the net - I think this is the old one:

index

7 Likes

There’s a couple on the wayback machine archives

postcrossing_logo
400,000 cards received! That’s going back a bit. (2007)

13 Likes

How funny to read that many had thought the old one was better!

So, is it 10 years of the “new” banner this year? :partying_face:

1 Like

Yes, 10 years :tada:

Looking back, I would say that I liked the current logo straight away, but now I’ve seen on the blog that I wrote a not-so-friendly comment. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Oof, so did everyone else! It’s like when Facebook changes their layout - everyone complains for a week then we forget what it used to look like anyway haha

2 Likes

The old one looks a bit boring

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this, I didn’t know that there had been more than one banner. I like the way the letters are leaning to the right, as if the message is rushing off to the next address!

1 Like

This is the original logo. ( I hope I’m right . :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

I didn’t even know it’s a new logo! (Well, I’m not “old” enough in postcrossing-anniversary-terms.)

2 Likes

I have a t-shirt with the old logo, I wish we could have some Official Postcrossing merch again (hint hint hint :wink::wink::wink:)

8 Likes

Same with me. I’m here since 2017 :blush:.

Hello dear @AlliKat :wave:t2: :smiley:

That looks familiar but I’m not sure…

Hallo @JetteLise !

Thank you sharing that screencap, it brings back a flood of memories!

The old map, and the postmark on the logo :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

Hope you are well!

Thank you for recap.