The mystery of the “same sky” postcards -interesting article/video

Here’s a great article/video that includes some interesting postcard history and a mystery! I wonder if anyone has run into one of these cards either through sending/receiving or collecting!

21 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! I only have a few old cards but immediately went looking at their skies. Struck out, but will keep an eye out for those sea creatures in the sky :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I had the same experience with a bunch of the postcards in my collection, but instead of identical images of clouds that kept recurring, it was the same image of The Sistine Chapel, over and over again; at Mount Rushmore, at the Grand Canyon, on the south lawn of the White House. I’m glad to now learn that I wasn’t just imagining things.

Very cool! I just checked my (far smaller) collection of these old hotel type cards, sadly, I have none with these skies, but I will definitely be watching for them now.

How interesting! Thanks for sharing :smiley:

I don’t have any of these in my collection but would be interested to know if anyone else does.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Most interesting!

1 Like

Fascinating doc! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I was fascinated. Thanks for posting this link

1 Like

@Tonyt3642 and @vw08
I have merged the two topics about “same sky postcards” - what a coincidence that you both reported about that theme at almost the same time.

1 Like

I watched the video and it was quite interesting. I immediately starting checking the old motel postcards I have and I found a couple of the identical sky. And I found one that had the sky that looks like a sea serpent, but the sky image was reversed!

Thanks for sharing the video.

3 Likes

so interesting! Thank you :slight_smile:

@vw08 it is already in a blog on the homepage! So quick!

1 Like