The Little Mail Carriers are looking for new hosts! šŸ§³

Hi!
Oh, as map says, theyā€™ve never been to St.Petersburg and its Museum of Communications. I can show it to them, if they would like it:) and maybe find some more places of postal interest.
All best to you and carriers anyway:)

4 Likes

Happy to host in Canada. Got some great ideas! :dancer: :postbox:

2 Likes

I just learned about this museum in Amsterdam that has an original post office from the 20s (i.e. a century ago!), it would be an awesome place to take the Little Mail Carriers!

7 Likes

It certainly would be! Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I could take them on a tour of Melbourne, Australiaā€¦ we could go for a walk along the river, visit some famous sites like Queen Victoria Market, Royal Exhibition building, and Eureka Tower, go to Brighton beach to see the colourful boxes, and go to Luna Park in St Kilda. Unfortunately, things like a football game probably arenā€™t possible these days, but if the timing is right, they could come on a road trip to some other parts of Australia, too!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone, for your kind offers! Iā€™m going to keep an eye on this topic, and get in touch with you when Iā€™m looking for new hosts and the Little Mail Carriers are in your area. Please donā€™t be sad if I donā€™t send you a message super quick ā€” their schedule is a little unpredictable sometimes. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like theyā€™ve been to Canberra yet either- happy to host when a lot of stuff calms down (lockdowns around us)

Canberra has most of the ā€œnationalā€ things here as the capital of Australia.

That is (deep breath)ā€¦ Parliament House (new and old), the Mint (where our money gets printed), the High Court, National Gallery of Australia, National Library, War Memorial (because nearly all our war dead are buried where they fell overseas the wall of names is the national place for commemoration) and I could go on but Iā€™m out of breath :wink:

Instead the official tourism site could do it better

1 Like

Iā€™m in Pennsylvania just outside Philadelphia and not far from Delaware, Maryland, and New Jersey and would love to ā€œhostā€ them if a spot opens up. :love_letter:

1 Like

Iā€™m in PA,USA
IF I can hostā€¦message me ā€¦
Thanks

1 Like

Welcome to Beijing if you have time. I am sure now is not a perfect time because of the covid-19.
Once everything is getting better and better, do visit Beijing. We can have a meetup on the Great Wall!

2 Likes

Please let them come to the Pacific Northwest.

1 Like

Iā€™d be happy to host them in Liverpool, UK, however, I understand you might not want to send them over here anytime soon considering theyā€™ve had plenty of visits to England so far anyway.

I could take them up either St Johnā€™s Beacon or Liverpool Anglican Cathedral, both of which offer aerial views of the city. I could take them to Matthew Street, where thereā€™s the Cavern Club, a Beatles museum, and statues of John Lennon and Cilla Black. They could also go to the waterfront and go on the river explorer cruise. Depending on how far we are allowed to stray from the city, they could go to Crosby beach to see the Iron Men art installationā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe they could travel to the Mail tree in South Africa?

6 Likes

Just going to leave a link to their latest adventure here:

Lisa from the Postal History Foundation did a great job showing the little guys around and writing about the important work volunteers do there. :slight_smile: Do check it out!

2 Likes

Hi! I would love to host them! I live in California and February 20 2022, I will be in Las Vegas for a painting convention. I think they would love the beach, and Vegas is always fun! They could take classes with me! Do they like to paint?? I am sure they do. But if they are busy in February, there is plenty to do nearby. Please consider me!
Alisa Barott Alib9 user name my email is abarott@hotmail.com

There is a stationery museum in Tokyo (I work in Tokyo) that might be fun for them to visit and I can take them to a shrine and/or temple too.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve never been to Moscow! I can show them Red Square)

1 Like

Hello Meiadeleite,
I would love to host the Little Mail Carriers! I would bring them to places in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico (I live in Trinidad, CO, just 20 miles from the NM state line). I would bring them to many interesting places, including the post office in Walsenburg, CO, which has a historic mural inside the building.
Thanks for coordinating this fun project!
Paula (earthumanimal)

1 Like

Another of the Little Mail Carriers posts has been published! The little guys were in London and had fun playing around the Postal Museum:

And we (the big ones) also had fun dressing up and interacting with the exhibition :smiley:

1 Like

@meiadeleite I will be glad to host in Southern Indian sub continent.

I will be showing the Postal Museum in the city

https://g.co/kgs/BFxcX5

I will also be visiting many beaches and exciting places throughout south India in Decemeber and Jan. I can take little carriers everywhere.

Thank You.

Kiran

1 Like