Thank you for postcards received - North America

TOY card

@MichelleW - Thanks so much for the cute white cat with Christmas hat! We’re almost ready, but I’ve gotten much more relaxed about not accomplishing everything on my “to do” list. The house looks festive, we wrote a bunch of cards, and have most of the gifts (though still unwrapped). Enjoy your family time!

1 Like

Well, a fun coincidence in my mailbox yesterday with two cards from The Official Dictionary of Sarcasm postcard book!

@aik_lynx: NA I Want Tag – Thank you for the sarcastic News card! I also have this postcard book and I think it’s pretty hit or miss, but the News card is pretty spot on. I am sad that we mostly get our news via social media nowadays. I prefer my childhood of watching the nightly local news and reading the newspaper. Also, thank you for sharing your half-awake, half-asleep creepy story and for all the great stamps and stickers on the card!

@StephofYorktown: NA I Spy Tag – Thank you for the Rhythm card! I absolutely adored the quote you included: “The music moves me, but it moves me ugly.” I’m writing that one down! Thank you for the fun stamps and stickers on the card, too!

4 Likes

Thank you to @carolreader for the wonderful Assateague Island pc you sent as a pick me up! I really appreciated it and seeing it in my mailbox put a smile on my face! I am obsessed with Marguerite Henry and hope to visit the Chincoteague ponies one day! I appreciate you! I am so glad you had a great Christmas with your family!

USA to USA tag
@NewEnglandEllen Thank you for the beautiful postcard. What an idyllic life for the horse! I know my horses wish they were in pasture again instead of AZ desert :laughing: When we lived in NM, I loved riding our pecan grove and alfalfa fields. But here in AZ, I think taking the trail to the mudflats in Mesa. We ride down to the river and can swim with the horses or picnic and just enjoy the river!

1 Like

Thanks @CrimsonKing for Pantone #934 for the US-to-US Color Tag. Yes I think that’s pretty close to Neon! This is the first Pantone card I’ve received so I guess I have 2160 colors to go if I decide to collect them!

1 Like

I spy… tag
Thank you so much, @DaisyDekker for the great card spying “good vibes.” The card is so fun and I also love how you decorated the back. What kind of adhesive do you use for the scrapbook paper? And yes, I’d love to have a hot tea or cocoa with you too and chat. Your card is much appreciated - it felt like a friendly hug.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: ✿ LOTTERY ✿ North America Winner of the Month (NA WOTM) ✿ **January 2023**

A post was merged into an existing topic: ✿ LOTTERY ✿ North America Winner of the Month (NA WOTM) ✿ **January 2023**

@waydowneast – NA I Spy Tag – Thank you for the fascinating vintage reprint card of a dissection class at the University of Maryland in 1915. Oh, what a fascinating card, thank you! I love the words on the side of the table: “it’s all over now.” I listened to a podcast episode about body farms, and I do like the idea of my body getting to have some use after it’s time in the living realm.

@waydowneast – Totally Weird Tag – Haha, thank you for the photo of the sideshow performers. This must’ve been like the old-time furries, ha! Oh, I just love the bunny’s suspenders and bowtie. Yes, you’re right – I love the weird ones… the weirder, the better! I’m hoping to get shocked into not liking a weird card someday, but I don’t think it’s happened yet. And what a treasure to have your great grandmother save photos from the 1800s in your family album. Thank you as always for two great cards, Melissa!

1 Like

Perpetual Holiday Tag - "Nothing Day"
@avery27 tried their best to send me nothing, but the postal sorting machine was determined to make it into something! It now looks like a submarine is getting ready to surface at York Beach in the fog. :rofl:
Thank you for a good laugh!

2 Likes

Thank you @aemenheiser2 for the NA I Spy tag. This “sneaky” snake is lovely. I’ve never seen a ribbon snake. We had garter snakes at our farm in MN. No snakes here in CO (maybe in spring they’ll come out). I had a close encounter with a rattlesnake once in NM. I’ll have to tell you that story sometime.

@journeyforth: USA to USA Tag – Haha, thank you for the very amusing gopher eating pizza card! Well, this is one of the more random and out there cards I’ve received in awhile! No special plans for the year for me. Thank you for the well wishes and for the great card!

@kanosis: NA Perpetual Holiday Tag – Thank you for the “Nothing Day” Pantone card. Yellow is my favorite color, so you’ve picked a great one for me! And the Joshua Tree is very nice even if it does take away from some of the “nothingness.” Thank you again, Maria!

3 Likes

@Crystalinne thank you for the card from the Details from the Street postcard box for the I Want ________Tag. It’s a wacky outfit, no doubt!

1 Like

NA Scavenger Hunt Offer Tag

Thank you, @louloufish, for the card of Arizona’s rim country. I lived in this area many years ago and this card brings back loads of happy memories.

1 Like

NA I want … Tag
I wanted a lighthouse - and @Crystalinne delivered! There’s just something about lighthouses - I love them! Thanks for this beautiful one!

1 Like

NA I want… tag
I wanted something “old and worn” and @Cera1985 sent a postcard of some fake animals in a Jungle Rain Café that have seen better days! The lion, especially, looks a bit dusty! :lion:

NA Perpetual Holiday tag
@cmd2021 made a card for “National Squirrel Appreciation Day” by hand. :chipmunk: Beautiful! Yes, I do keep all kinds of genres in my little free libraries. One of them is super big so it has lots of space. And I have seen a Free Little Art Gallery and made sure to take some art!

Thank you both!

2 Likes

@waydowneast: NA Bizarro Tag – Thank you for the odd silver birch card. I agree, the quote on the back is very true: “In the night the birches watch you with their black, unblinking eyes…” Thanks, Melissa!

@toadallycool: NA I Spy Tag – Thank you for the great large Maine stamp card! It’s a cool stamp design, and I’d hope to find some someday to use on my cards! Thank you, Ally!

@TwoDoggies: NA I Want Tag – Thank you for the card with tons of text on the front! I enjoyed reading the story on it, and I think cards that only focus on text are so strange and fun. Thank you for sharing about your work update – good luck with continuing to settle into the job! I am really enjoying my teaching job this year – I like the high school age better, and I’m working mostly with newcomers to the USA, which has felt very meaningful.

1 Like

NA Canada-USA Tag
Thank you, @Jan_Champ for this beautiful card of Cape Breton. I agree with you that we all travel far and wide and yet there is still so much left to see right near us! Thanks for all the red stickers, too. Enjoy your future sightseeing!

1 Like

CANADA - USA TAG from @Jan_Champ

Thank you Janis for this gorgeous postcard! Vintage travel posters have always been one of my favorites. Enjoy February!

1 Like

NA Canada - USA tag – from @sarahaeyo, a fantastic group of Boston sayings. Very true about the Christmas tree – we will never forget what Boston did for us, ever. What happened these days?? Maybe people are overwhelmed. With so many other things, they forget they would not be here without others. Your card, my friend, was WICKED AWESOME!! Thanks so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

((Your post office massacred your name with a barcode, so I had to guess, and guessed wrong originally – my apologies!!)) :joy:

1 Like

US to US Request an Animal Tag
@Ringo16 sent a bucking horse. How cool that you actually have a horse! I haven’t been riding in a very long time - should put it on my to do list (but not in a rodeo!)! :horse_racing:t3: