[TALK] In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner šŸ˜ƒ

Hello,iā€™m much interested in these beautiful city cards.

My offers:
https://www.douban.com/photos/album/1900540024/?dt_dapp=1
https://www.douban.com/photos/album/1870805190/?dt_dapp=1

2 Likes

Hola! If you are interested, I would love to Swap postcards with you in spanish. If you havenā€™t found someone yet and youā€™re still interested, Iā€™m here, write me a PM.

A post was merged into an existing topic: De todo un poco

Hello, I received a postcard from Spain but I didnā€™t understand what is written. Iā€™ve tried Google Translate but some seems off. Thus, I need some help translate this card, thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Hello @NurulHusna98
I am so sorry about you received a postcard only in Spanish. I feel the same when I received a postcard only in other language that it is not mine and not English.

The text is:
Playas de AndalucĆ­a, regiĆ³n del sur de EspaƱa, grandes playas, grandes ciudades monumentales y maravillosas con gran afluencia de turismo mundial.
Desde mi ciudad, Zaragoza.
Grandes saludos.
Borja 16.02.2024

In English:
Andalucia beaches, a region in the south of Spain, great beaches, great and wonderful monumental cities with a lot of turism (visitors) from all over the world.
From my city, Zaragoza.
Many greetings.
Borja 16.02.2024

5 Likes

Hello All,

Would anyone know where online, I would be able to obtain low value make-up stamps of Spain from?

I have ordered a selection of stamps from Correos Wopa+ website, however, I have noticed the rates have changed and would like some make up stamps such as the ā‚¬0.05, ā‚¬0.10 & ā‚¬0.20 definitives of King Felipe if possible.

https://www.wopa-plus.com/en/stamps/member/&loc=ES

:smiling_face:

Hi @Maddymail

The easiest way is to go to an ā€˜estancoā€™ (cigarettes shop) and ask for this kind of stamps. They normally all have and those are easy to find there. I donā€™t know if itā€™s possible to purchase online though.
Hope it helps.

Hello, @Maddymail
If you have stamps with letters A-B-C-D you dont need to do anything, because they are ok for sending all the time. But if you have some with price (numbers) maybe you need some extras.

We have a topic with the new rates in 2024
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/sellos-tarifas-de-correos-2024-espana-precios-de-los-envios-por-zonas

Places to buy are not easy. Sometimes you can find them in Spanish tobacco Shops. The only one you can find all of them is Madrid Principal Post Office in Cibeles. But if you need just a few maybe I can help you. I have some of them. Just tell me.

1 Like

Hello! I am coming From Finland to Santiago de Chile 6.5. and I am going to stay for a couple of weeks. I would love to meet some of you. I am staying in Malaga, Las Condes. Where could we meet?
Some time ago I thought I saw a meetup invitation. I canĀ“t find it now! Have I been dreaming?
I am an old lady and an eager Postcrossing member, have been over 17 years.

Love, anemone1

1 Like

@anemone1
I moved your question to the only topic where it is allowed to speak in English in the Spanish Community.

Do you mean this MeetUp?

1 Like

Yes, that.'s it. Thank you! Please, count me in!
anemone1

1 Like

@anemone1 hello! Iā€™m actually the organizer of the Santiago, Chile meet up.

First off, of course youā€™re invited and weā€™re all excited to have you at the meet up!

Second, please DM me if youā€™d like more help in Santiagoā€¦ I actually live really close to Malaga, so if you would like to meet up for coffee or just ask for advice, please let me know.

1 Like

Hola! Iā€™m from the UK, currently visiting friends in Spain. I canā€™t see a countdown thread here like we have in the British Isles section ([Countdown GB] United Kingdom countdown to GB-1771771 - #3189 by EmmaG), so please move this post if Iā€™ve missed itā€¦

ES-794838 is heading 1,233 miles to the Netherlands :netherlands:

1 Like

I really want to receive a postcard from Spain, namely from the Canary Islands. Can someone help me with this?

1 Like

Hello @chrisbonham11 this is ouR Spanish Countdown thread
I hope you spent a nice time here in our country. :kissing_heart:

Hello @Slerk this is your lucky day :grin:
I have several postcards of Canary Islands, Tenerife mostly

Here you can see the albums: Tenerife | Flickr
Canarias | Flickr

Just choose your favourite one and we can do a swap and I send to you.

1 Like

Thank you for your responsiveness, but I would like not just a postcard, but a postcard with a local postage stamp and a postmark of the Canary Islands.

@Slerk That is a little problem, mail from Canary Island are not postmark normaly like in the rest of Spain, we donĀ“t know why but they donĀ“t do that. About the stamps, they are the same than in the rest of Spain. There are not special stamps of Canary Islands nowadays.

People there, needs to go to the post office and ask for Turistic Postmark. But no problem, you can choose one of my Canary Islands Postcards and in a few days I can go to one of these offices and ask for it. Maybe this PostMark is ok? I am not living there but I am going to visit my relatives.

Thank you, @Maritere ! I had a grand time visiting friends in Marbella, then some solo time in MĆ”laga before flying home. It was only my third time in Spain; the last time was nearly 10 years ago! I hope I donā€™t leave it so long until my next visit!

2 Likes

Hello people in Mexco, could you respond me?

Do you have to attach customs declarations when you send a postcard?
Today I received a postcard from Mexico with customs declarations document attached.

If it was business thing or items other than postcards, you might have to do it.
This is only a postcard and not business but hobby thing.

It made me very confused thinking I have to pay extra (normally customs duties are paid by the recipient.)

Perhaps this is a measure to ensure that mail is not lost, but it confused me anyway.

So could you explain postal situation in Mexico? Postcards with customs declarations are officially recommend?

And is that we are not obliged to pay and can be reassured about?

Thanks in advance.

Hola! This weekend Iā€™m visiting Palma de Mallorca. Is there a larger post office there where I can buy a range of stamps? Is there a special postmark I can get? I tried looking for information about Mallorca already but I couldnā€™t find anyā€¦ Iā€™m sorry if I missed it! Gracias!