[TALK] In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner

Maybe you could request help to find unknown ID on the Postcrossing main page.

2 Likes

Thank you will try that

1 Like

Sorry to write in English, but I want to make sure nothing gets lost in google translate.
So, because I always want minimum one official card travelling, I drew another address. This time it is a German one. The profile does not have much information but states that they collect cards of town/city halls. I noticed there were already 3 cards of the town hall of Ghent, the nearest city with postcards. I don’t really wish to send a fourth. I do have a very nice postcard though of a town hall in Lo-Reninge after the bombing in WW1. It is a copy from an original postcard, but still a proper postcard of course.
Now is my question if this would be appropriate to send? I don’t mean to offend anyone, but it is a card new to the huge collection, so that’s why I need to ask fellow Germans. Would you be offended or would you be happy to get this card?

• Just send it with a nice message.
  • Don’t send it, it is still a very touchy topic.

0 voters

@Shalottslady
I moved your question to our Visitors Corner :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

There are quite a few postcards like this available in Germany to buy. It’s part of the history and won’t offend the majority (if the message is not rude of course).

2 Likes

I don’t think the receiver is going to be offended, unless they write in their profile that they do not like cards about war or you write something offensive on the backside :wink: A few words why you chose the card would maybe be a good idea though, so that no misunderstandings arise. :thinking:

2 Likes

I agree with the comments above, just send it with a nice message explaining what the card is about and what made you choose it. :slight_smile:

:green_heart: :fox_face:

1 Like

I have sent cards of Belgian war cemetaries of the first world war some years ago and wrote about my impressive visit of the “In Flanders Fields” Museum in Ieper and that peace is not a matter of course. I think I touched the addressees without offending them.

1 Like

Hi guys!

I am going to moving to Berlin to study my PhD program in October and I would like to use postcrossing there. But I could only speak a little German. Could you please share some information about inexpensive stamps and postcards and the post fee in Germany.

Thanks a lot

Postage for Postcards within Germany is 70 Eurocent and for Postcards to other countries is 95 Eurocent. Airmail does not cost extra.

1 Like

And in October, there will be a Postcrossing-themed stamp issued in Germany… so you can use that to mail all your postcards abroad! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

And here is the Homepage of Deutsche Post in English
https://www.deutschepost.de/en/home.html

1 Like

And the online shop has more variety of stamp designs: Postkarte International - 0,95 € | Shop Deutsche Post

1 Like

Hello, who can send me this stamp on a postcard?
I offer a postcard from Belarus with a stamp of your choice.

Thanks for the offer those who responded :slightly_smiling_face:
request closed !

Hello from Estonia!
Offer: the symbol of Rakvere - The Bull; the symbol of Tallinn - Old Thomas.
Request: similar cards with the symbols/statues of the cities/regions of Germany.
I have only one-two of each.
Please PM :smiling_face:

Posted: 12.08.2022.

1 Like

Searching for postcard ID for postcard received from
Germany

I’ve just received this postcard today but unfortunately I cannot register it as the postcrossing ID written on it is for a postcard sent in 2012! Postcard DE-1211381

I thought at first it just needed a single digit added on, but as far as I can tell there is no DE-12100000 yet, nevermind DE-12113810

So I’m posting the photos of the card, written ID, and stamp+writing date in the hopes that someone recognises it, or can think what the I’d might be

Please try the ID search option :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve submitted one of those too

Good luck then!