TALK in ENGLISH - Visitors Corner - 2024

Thank you! I’ve bought cards from this site before without realising that they also offered priority stickers. Next time I will have look on it.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind help! Writing it ourselves is doable; the only concern is that I wonder whether the official sticker is made of special paper or so, which the machine can detect and recognise as priority mail.

I have about 350 prioriry stickers left. If you want those, please send me your address (I’ll send them for free!). I don’t use them anymore, too big and cards sent without the priority stickers arrive just as quick as cards with the sticker.

1 Like

Cheers! Just saw this reply as the system gave no notice; will pm you afterwards.

Hello everyone! I am in Amsterdam for a few days and im in travel mode so i asked a shop that sells cards if they have stamps. they said for international is 2€ is that ok, or is it too much for postcards? I thought it might be more expensive to buy them from a shop instead of post, but I clearly am too much of a tourist to find the normal post office!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Hi an international stamp cost € 1,55. But at a post office/ post.nl you have to buy a bundle of 5 stamps.
https://www.postnl.nl/locatiewijzer
Here you can find a nearby post.nl.
Have a nice stay.
Marjolein

1 Like

It’s not you, it’s just the fact that we don’t have a building dedicated to be a post office anymore! So the ‘post office’ is usually a desk inside a super market or book shop. Use above website to find the locations and look for the orange signs of PostNL around the counter in the shop.

Have fun in Amsterdam!

1 Like

Hi all!
I ordered some train post stamps from the collect club like this https://shop.postnl.nl/webshop/collect-club/nieuwste-uitgiften/pzv-t-t-semmeringbahn-int-5 (and they delivered them for about a month, but that’s not a question).
The question is - just to double-check - if I can use them for international postcards/letters?
And what about such stamps: https://shop.postnl.nl/webshop/collect-club/nieuwste-uitgiften/postset-duin-en-kruidberg They cost less than 1 euro per stamp and don’t have “International” mark. Can I use them?
On the other hand, these https://shop.postnl.nl/webshop/collect-club/nieuwste-uitgiften/nl-paardenrassen-10-vel-nl1 also don’t have “International” mark, but cost 1.55 per stamp. Can I use them?

postzegelsmetkorting is a great option, but not all postcards have enough space for 4 stamps.

Yes, you can use the trains to send abroad!

You are correct about that the stamp should say ‘international’. The other ones are for national use and represent a value of 96 cents currently (the horses is a set of 10) so you can only use them when you add at least 59 cents extra.

Postzegels met korting has the option to order stamps with the 1 for international as well, but sometimes you get the ‘boring’ ones with the house, cow, tulip etc from them. So I feel your problem!

And the PostNL site is a nightmare, because the filter on international does not always work well.
I ordered the bee stamps and caleidoscope ones the last time I ordered from them.

1 Like

Thank you!
So generally I can use 2 horses for one postcard and this should be OK (but a bit more expencive than needed).
I even didn’t found this filter! I checked everything thay have, gazing intently to each imagine :slight_smile:

I just have moved to Amsterdam from Russia several months ago and I could say that post.nl site is good enough xD In Russia (in general) you have one offline shop with postcards per city and should choose all stamps manually one by one. That was a every year nightmare for me)

2 Likes

Yup, same method here and dividing the amount by number of stamps to guess whether it can be international :wink:

1 Like

Hello.
We are a family from St.Petersburg. Our son is 3 years old. We like to read children books. Now our best book is “Jip en Janneke” by Annie M.G. Schmidt illustrated by Fiep Westendorp.

Can we ask citizens of Netherlands to find postcards with such illustrations? We can send you different postcards from our city.
Thanks in advance, sorry for our English.

1 Like

Hi to everyone from the Netherlands. Netherlands is a country that I am considering studying in. Really an attractive country and the Pandemic seemed to put this plan off for at least some years. I even got " Learning Dutch" as one of the preparations of the year 2022. Limited time though, I’ve already started listening to some Dutch songs. :grinning:

1 Like

welkom 2 (3)

@Treeinwinter :smiley:

Hi @Treeinwinter,

Welcome!

I hope you can come and study soon!
I’m curious: what band/singer have you listened to? What do you think of our Dutch music?

试试100%NL (https://www.100p.nl/)

最真实的风土人情 :rofl:

In English: The most authentic customs

我点进去是一个娱乐网站 :rofl: 谢谢哈哈

in English : I clicked into an entertainment website :rofl: Thank you haha

Dank u :blush:

Thank you for your greetings!
The songs I listened to:
Snelle & Maan : Blijven Slapen
Bente & Maan : Nee is Nee
Suzan & Freek : Weg Van Jou
Maan Kraantje Rappie : Rode Wijn
Emma Hesters : Als De Eerste Sneeuw Valt

(all come from youtube search results, due to the very limited promotion of Dutch songs in China)
Are they categorized as Dutch music? If so, my opinion is that they are really “Straightforward”, also powerful (sorry for my limited vocabulary haha)

是的,这是个音乐电台,在本国的口碑都两级分化,不爱听的觉得这种风格特别土气。