Street Tacos Meetup - Durham, NC USA - June 2nd 2024

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Durham, North Carolina, USA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Chubby’s Tacos | 4711 Hope Valley Rd, Durham, NC 27707
:calendar: DATE: June 2nd, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 2PM - 4PM EST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: :taco: Tacos, Queso, Socializing, Postcards, and stamps!

LIMITED NUMBER OF SPOTS
With this location’s seating, the long table can only sit up to 20 people. I need to limit to max 18 as FCFS

Kicking off the first (of many to come) NC Food Tour PostCrossing Meetups, I want to start right down the road from where I live. Chubby’s Tacos! Come together and meet over the love of tacos, chips and queso!
:taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco::taco:

Meet Up Card:
Street Tacos NC Food Tour Series Postcard

The Plan
To spend a couple hours at Chubby’s Tacos, socializing, enjoying the food signing meetup cards

What to Bring?
A pen will get you very far at Meetups. If you just want to sign a few cards, write some postcards to send, and just share stories - you’re set for a good time! Some folks will get a little custom rubber stamper made - something that has their username or even something that identifies with them as a means of signing other Meetup cards. If you have something in mind, feel free to bring it with you and any other decorating tools you like to use!

Trash and Treasure
Bring any cards, washi tape, stickers, pens, or any other kind of postcard writing supplies you no longer want or need. It may be the perfect find for someone else! We’ll have a table set up where you can leave behind your unwanted cards and supplies and look for some new items for yourself.

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

4 Likes

hello someone would swap with me ? thank you very much

I went to a meetup in Germany last December and best thing I saw was that everyone brought a “Meetup Book.” It is basically a scrap book that you bring to each meetup and everyone signs it. What a great idea! I had a small notebook with me, and everybody signed it. They add stickers and all kinds of pretty things. I will bring my book with me.

3 Likes

Two triangle postcrossing meetups in one day!! I’ll be there!

1 Like

That’s an awesome postcard design!

1 Like

Lets do it! I want to join the other one too but have morning tasks that day :sob:

super cute design!

Love the postcard design! Would someone like to swap cards with me? I still have some meetup cards from our April 6 meetup in Springfield Va!

I need to make myself 50-50 for this meetup. I am supposed to go to NJ for a family party that weekend. Durham is MUCH closer to me than NJ, so I need to see how everything works out.

Greetings @all.

There are rumors of pushing this event back to allow more time and room for the Raleigh one! Please keep checking back here while I figure out how to do an official date change.