[Stamps] UK stamps, prices, Royal Mail & Post Office matters

Classic Science Fiction releasing 15th April

5 Likes

These are amazing!! Been looking forward to seeing these (checking the Royal Mail website daily!!) they are so good! Thanks for sharing :blush:

Awesome!

I have my sheet of £1.70s on order for delivery post-15 April :slight_smile:

War of the Roses stamps have gone up on Royal Mail website for pre-order (available from 4 May): https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/the-wars-of-the-roses

3 Likes

Price rise again in Irish Republic : From 27th of May it will cost 2.00 Euros to send a postcard Internationally and 1.10 Nationally including Northern Ireland. :cry:

1 Like

Paul McCartney stamps have gone up on the Royal Mail website for pre-order (available from 28 May): https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/paul-mccartney

1 Like

I’ve bought a few stamps off eBay now and been pretty happy, but always a bit skeptical that I’ll end up with a bad batch (I do always check feedback etc first though)

Would we be allowed to recommend ebay sellers for stamps in the UK? I’d love to know who is reliable and there’s one or two I can recommend too.

2 Likes

Nice selection of first class stamps received from Philatelink this morning :smiley:

4 Likes

Oh they’ve got some lovely stock! I might put in an order in that case…

These 2012 Olympic stamps just arrived from eBay:

2 Likes

Just seen on Instagram that Royal Mail are releasing a special commemorative set of Duke of Edinburgh stamps: https://shop.royalmail.com/special-stamp-issues/duke-of-edinburgh

1 Like

Ah yes Ebay, you can get some real bargains if you known what you are looking for,

My latest acquisitions from Ebay,

As mentioned before, I tend to look for Mint presentation packs and retail books, so most cards have arrived using eBay purchased stamps,
Some postcards where I used stamps from a 2003 British Museum presentation pack have expired? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I now look for miniature sheets, as it will be clearer to identify if they have been used or if the perforation line has been tampered with.

Some postcrossers have messaged me asking where I get stamps from, but personally don’t recommend ebay to them, incase it goes pear-shaped on them.

My local post office, sweet talked me into purchasing more than I wanted ‘War of Roses’ stamps, I personally don’t like most of the designs, but all have been pleasantly recieved by postcrossers.

2 Likes

So disappointed with the manual scribble cancellation :frowning:

Edited: sorry this is probably the wrong forum for this!

It is still a Royal Mail matter :frowning:

Out of interest, why did they do this? :open_mouth:

They have been marked so they can’t be reused. Clearly the franking machine could not handle this envelope, but they no longer do hand stamping, so they’ve been ‘franked’ by hand to make sure the stamps are cancelled.

2 Likes

Interesting! I do have to agree though, it’s a bit of a shame.

There is a youtube channel, Exploring Stamps with a video about pen cancels (and videos on other stampy stuff). The person behind the channel is a relatively recent member of Postcrossing having been told about it before World Postcard Day last year by another Postcrosser, Samuel West!

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know - I’ll check it out :slight_smile: