[Stamps] UK stamps, prices, Royal Mail & Post Office matters

Thank you @MoominMog :smiling_face:

I’m not really sure what kind of log you’re hoping for (I just keep folders with cards postmarked with specific themes) but some people (including me) also have little white cards (roughly 9x5cm) postmarked and store them in something like a business card folder, so I guess you could do something like that if you wanted them all together (but for the UK I believe you would still have to put at least a 2nd class stamp on the card to get it postmarked).

2 Likes

Thank you. I m not sure about the log/collecting as yet, I just thought I would start as I mean to go on :smiling_face:

Surface international mail from the UK no longer exists.

The only three RM ships still afloat are one in domestic service in Canada (which obviously doesn’t carry mail for RM), RMS Queen Mary II (which only has the title RMS as a courtesy, it doesn’t carry mail) and the RMV Scillonian, which sails between Penzance and the Scillies and does carry mail.

5 Likes

Just. Urgh.

4 Likes

It makes me really mad, why do they sell special picture stamps if they’re just going to deface them. It’s like buying a new dress from a shop and the first time you wear it a staff member appears & throws paint down you! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: x

9 Likes

It’s really frustrating… :frowning:

Just adds to the ire toward RM.

2 Likes

Whilst posting some parcels at the post office earlier, the lady working the counter complained that it’s hard to keep trying to work out the total stamp value because they keep changing price.

She then casually dropped that she had heard there was likely to be another price increase in September.
Anyone else heard this?

I’m super gutted if Its true, but also don’t want to worry anyone with hearsay.

4 Likes

My post office ladies ask me how much the stamps are worth! :laughing:

8 Likes

From what I can gather elsewhere, the April issue of stamps commemorating commemorative stamps - I’m guessing there’ll be a set of 10 stamps, and this to me sounds like it’ll be all first class.

Good morning Emma, that screenshot looks like it was taken with your phone? I think that happens when for some reason, your phone does not know what to upload, or something like that.

1 Like

Ohhh, thanks Ryan :blush: I’ll delete! Morning x

1 Like

It’s weird though as it appears to only be the regional flags that are doing it x

Hey All,

Does anyone collect Royal Stamps? This came stuck to the front of a PHQ card in a MaxiCard set I bought, but it was only lightly stuck & it’s come off! If anyone would like it for their collection I would be happy to send it (UK only)

Emma x

2 Likes

Hi @EmmaG , I would love to receive this, I have a couple of the individual stamps in my collection but still need the whole sheet.

2 Likes

Lovely, please message me your address & I’ll get them sent out to you :postbox: x

1 Like

And will there be, in a few more years, an issue of commemorative stamps commemorating commemorations of commemorative stamps?

5 Likes

Hi!
I have just received a mixed bag of stamps. It includes 3 stamps that are marked E. Is this the same as international economy or something else? What value of stamps do I need to add to them to send a postcard after the April price rise?

I bought a few of these after the announcement about the price rise.

I can’t find anything concrete but it is my understanding that these will increase in value as the cost rises.

So, at the moment they are worth £2.20 - the cost to send a postcard. In April they will be worth £2.50.
I’m not going to be using them for Worldwide, but cards to Europe…

hope that helps?

2 Likes

Thank you so much. That really helps! It’s getting really complicated with the constant price rises!