Stamp Out War: Support Ukraine! (2022 Edition)

Oh yes, I was talking about the cards I am to create in this project. In the fundraiser people can choose between ‘maxicard’ and ‘fine art print’ as perks. I was explaining the difference between these two options.

1 Like

As an American who just returned to our apartment in Kyiv last week, I’m very encouraged to see all the support and creativity of those wanting to support Ukraine at this terrible time in their history.

6 Likes

I finally received my Spanish Ukraine support stamp! Though it’s sent from United States, not Spain :joy:

Here is the complete set of my Ukraine support cards made from special stamps issued this year by 11 countries showing solidarity with Ukraine.

I didn’t have the chance to photograph my other cards showing sunflower / yellow flower stamps issued by other countries. I will take a picture once they are returned to me.

Currently, I have +20 participating countries!

6 Likes

beautiful!

3 Likes

New post stamp to the 31th year of Independence was announced yesterday. :slightly_smiling_face: I wonder whether we are going to have day-long curfew though.:smiling_face_with_tear:

9 Likes

Beautiful stamp! Thank you for sharing @ShiNeko.
May your celebrations be held on a day of calm and peace. :bouquet: :dove:

2 Likes

This stamp changes everything … I was told by Ukraine Post that they did not plan a new stamp release for the Independence Day though.

1 Like

Oh, I am not surprised they could have changed their mind. The stamp will be issued in 1 million copies, but until 08/25 mass events are phorbited in Kyiv, so interesting how they plan to make the event of cancellation. Probably, canceled onces will be sold online.:thinking:

1 Like

Is the situation in Lviv the same as Kyiv, mass events are prohibited? I need to decide where to send my cards for cancellation on the 24th. I was almost sure to get this special Independence cancel available in Kyiv:

unnamed

But the new stamp changes everything …

1 Like

For the time being the phorbition is in Kyiv, haven’t seen about other cities yet, but situation can change any time. You still may be able to get the cancel if the postoffice doesn’t organize any special events and this depends on how they organize the sale of this postage stamp. If there was no stamp, it would have been a normal work day of the main postoffice.

2 Likes

Yesterday, I completed, to a large extent at least, my original hand-drawn/painted cover (11"x14") for my Ukraine project. The composition is done, only small details in the graphite and colour pencil drawing to be fine-tuned. I now name this piece Peace to Us.

Before Monday, 22 August 7am (Montreal time), the person choosing this perk can chose to have this cover cancelled in one of the two Ukraine-related towns in Canada:

(1) Myrnam (Alberta): the name means ‘peace to us’ in Ukrainian. I believe they only have a regular postmark.

(2) Vegreville (Alberta): the name doesn’t mean anything significant but the town is known to be the home of a gigantic Ukrainian-style Easter egg sculpture, and they have a pictorial cancel that incorporates this Easter egg.

4 Likes

I hope it’s not because of my inquiry that they changed their mind!

1 Like

For the Ukrainian varieties, after much discussion with my helpers in Ukraine, I have come to decided this distribution totalising in 26 cards:

There will be 4 Ukraine sets consisting of 6 cards, plus 2 singles using the 2022 stamp. Half of the cards will be cancelled in Kyiv, another half in Lviv, to spread the risk of something terrible happening to one of the cities. (If something happens to both of them, I will take it as an inevitable outcome of war, and pray that the potential collectors will understand this difficult situation.)

2 of these Ukrainian subsets are reserved for the complete sets, the other 2 subsets will be on sale as minisets. The 2022 varieties will be the only ones being sold individually as singles.

6 Likes

Such a unique and impressive project! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

It’s now 23 August. Everyone remembers what day tomorrow is? Tomorrow, 24 August, is the Independence Day of Ukraine :ukraine: My postcards will make their way to post offices around the world :slightly_smiling_face:

Here are the leftover sunflower / yellow flower stamps in my possession. Either they came too late or I couldn’t find anyone to use them.

Of all the stamps I have received for this project, my favourite is the one by Slovenia showing a sunflower, a child, and a few butterflies. The colours are in harmony and the design is so sweet :blue_heart::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Beautiful stamps! Thank you for showing them.
August 24: Independence Day in Ukraine - which marks the 6-month anniversary of Russia’s invasion - will likely be low-key as mass gatherings have been banned, due to fears of increased aggression.

2 Likes

They are beautiful! And Slovenian one is truly great: looks cute and it is so cool how a small child carries such a big flower. Reminds me how Ukrainian children earn money for the Armed Forces of Ukraine by various ways: making bracelets or toys, making a post (pass checkpoint) or (being a chackers campion) playing a match with passerbys.

4 Likes

This project is so so amazing :blue_heart: :yellow_heart: It makes me so happy to see all these beautiful stamps :sunflower: :ukraine:

I’m happy that I was able to help and hope the envelope will travel safely back to you.

4 Likes

Happy Independence Day of Ukraine! :ukraine:

Here are some of the international responses to our cause.

From Taiwan (with the help of Harry): To get the postmarks, my helper went to a post office named 永安, which has a beautiful meaning that is ‘forever safe’ (this is what we wish for people of Ukraine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:).

From Finland (with the help of @tiitinen):

From Japan (with the help of Mina and @-Makoto-):

From Moldova (with the help of Ala Nicoreanu):

From Spain (with the help of Juan Antonio Casas):

From Estonia (with the help of Simone D. Casadei Bernardi):

From USA (with the help of @Dorinco):

From Germany (with the help of Jens):

Participation of Canada, France, Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, UK has been confirmed too. I will upload more pictures once the cards are in my hands. Thanks be given to everyone for making this project a success! :slight_smile:

P.S. I am still looking for a suitable organisation to look after the sale of these cards. If you know someone who may be interested, please put us into contact. Thanks in advance!

12 Likes

Wow! Impressive! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:
What an amazing example of international collaboration amongst Postcrossing ambassadors. Congratulations to every one who is participating in this project, with special accolades to @delda for dreaming up this creative project to raise funds for Ukraine. :clap:
cc: @meiadeleite

4 Likes