Stamp combinations

Out of interest, what type of stamp combinations do you prefer to receive on postcards?

Do you like stamps to be from the same set/matching each other like this:

Or do you prefer mis-matched stamps like this:

I like to receive mis-matched stamps because I enjoy looking at the different designs and sets they have in that country, and I feel like each stamp tells you something different about the country/culture. As such, I have also mainly been using mis-matched stamps on the postcards I send, however I’d be interested to hear what other people prefer.

5 Likes

As long as both/all stamps are nice, I like either way. :wink: But if I got to choose, I’d go for matching stamps. Maybe that’s because we don’t really have sets of different stamps here in Germany, they are almost always sold as a sheet of 10x one design, not a sheet of a number of designs on a certain topic, which would be so much nicer. So I always appreciate seeing stamps from a set together.

6 Likes

Wow beautiful queen’s head stamp (what’s it called?) :heart_eyes:
It’s up to your choice to use whatever stamp on the card, maybe stamps from the same set will bring the recipient a greater surprise I think.

1 Like

I like large pictorials / commemoratives. Sets are nice, but different stamps are welcome…as long as they are large.

1 Like

It depends on the profile of who I am sending the card to. Some like a variety of stamps, while others want to complete a set. Either way is fine with me, I do not care what stamps I receive but I do like to them intact with the card and admire the artistic value they offer as well. But I always try to send recipient a unique set of stamps each time I send a card.

1 Like

I love it when the stamps are from different series and still match in some way. Even better if they match the card.

Not that I would be mad about getting stamps from the same series.

2 Likes

Hello!Me

like stamps to be from the same set.

3 Likes

My postcard today.

It is :eagle: tomorrow.

6 Likes

Full of Taiwan’s street food~

5 Likes

I used different combinations in the three postcards I sent yesterday, but put together I noticed the theme of Hindu temples on them.

3 Likes

Absolutely from the same set if possible, please. So the full sets will become completed faster.

2 Likes

I usually like the mismatched/variety so I can see different designs but I know not every situation makes that possible - especially with using correct postage value. Since I’m a stamp lover, I’m fine with whatever someone uses. It’s a little piece of art I might not otherwise experience.

BTW: if anyone wants to exchange stamps with me, I’m always happy to share current/unused US stamps or vintage cancelled - PM me

1 Like

Thanks for all your thoughts! I’ll definitely use more matching stamps since they seem very popular!

@metlodyt - I also try to ‘match’ my stamps when they’re not from the same set, even if it’s just by colour!

3 Likes

Because of the value, I often have to send mis-matched.

Because postage is 70 yen (airmail), and regular stamp is most times 63 yen, so the 7 yen left is completed by small ones which can’t be matched with the theme of the bigger value one.

To receive, I enjoy both, the design of matching ones is pretty, but mis-matched ones is also interesting to see the variety in that country.

5 Likes