Stamp Combinations via Web App

That’s awesome! I’m super glad you like it :smile:

Awesome! I’m super glad to hear that it can be helpful :smile:

I like your calculator :slight_smile:
It’s great that you can make it work for any country.

1 Like

In the US we can use a single Global Forever stamp (currently worth $1.45) to send an international postcard, but I thought it would be more fun to use a combination of other stamps adding up to the same amount. So I sent ChatGPT the following prompt: “Let Forever = 63¢, Postcard = 48¢, and Additional Ounce = 24¢. Please list all the ways to combine Forever, Postcard, Additional Ounce, 10¢, 5¢, 4¢, 3¢, 2¢, and 1¢ to sum to at least $1.45. Order the combinations from least to greatest sum. Include the sum.”

ChatGPT struggled to list the combinations from least to greatest sum, but now I know that the Forever + Postcard + Additional Ounce + 10¢ combination sums to exactly $1.45. I like to substitute the 10¢ stamp with a 5¢, 4¢, and 1¢ for maximum stamp variety. It is so much more fun to send 6 different stamps than just 1 stamp!

1 Like

Better use this one developed by @stunclock

2 Likes

My post office always gives me an attitude when I buy multiple stamps to make up the total costs. They try to push the single postcard stamps and ask why I want more stamps when one will do. There is one single worker who will indulge me and help with combinations.

This is awesome, thank you!!!

1 Like