Sources for personalized stamps and show us your stamp

Adorable!

Good 4 you for making this for yourself. Thanks 4 sharing your joy with us!!

Just purchased one from them, myself!

8 Likes

I just placed my order. I have been to three Meet-Ups so far (one of which I hosted). One of them had a huge emphasis on card signing and I had no stamp. Next time I’ll be ready! Thanks for the tip!

I finally found a shop in my area that’s sells a ink pad. It happens to be blue and not black.

I use one of the custom ink stamps for it but will there be an issue if I switch to a black ink pad at a later date? With the custom ink stamps?

I’ve never used a stamper before to be honest.

You can clean the stamp after inking and using. There are stamp cleaners, but also moist cloth is fine (or stamping until it doesn’t leave any ink/image).
Some clean their stamp after each use, some never.

If it is that kind of stamp where you slide the ink pad “inside” the stamp, maybe few times the image will be unclear colour showing both blue and black, but then clear black.

There may be a local shop that makes custom stamps: here (north italian towns) there are a few per town.

I had a custom wax seal made rather than a stamp, but I expect the experience is similar: I went there with a few variants of my design, they helped me select the one that would have given best results, and after a couple days I returned there to get the seal.

I know that there are also websites that do the same thing, but I’d expect that they are a bit more automated and suitable for people who already have some experience doing stamp designs (or can afford a bit of trial and error).

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I’d like to get one of those tiny stamps for signing meet-up cards or on the cards I mail out. Essentially a tiny one saying “CynthiaMarie.” I want it so be small, but easy to read and I think I’d prefer to have it be a stamp that needs a stamp pad. I just really don’t want a self-inking one.

I know there are millions of places to get them. I mean, I’ve been looking at millions of places. :slight_smile: I’d really like recommendations. If you bought a stamp like this somewhere and you just love it, where did you get it?

Thanks!

Hi, I got one mine from an Etsy seller, though they are in the UK. I will PM you.

1 Like

I got mine through an Etsy seller named “Rileyprint”. It’s cute - although my username is way shorter than yours, but I added a sunflower to the design. But she had multiple options to scale up/down and regarding the font as well.

3 Likes

seconding rubberstamps.net! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
they are a (relatively) small business based in iowa; everything seems to be done in-house. i have ordered from them multiple times and have always been impressed by the price, quality and speediness (from order to arrival to your mailbox is about 5-7 days or less for domestic orders, in my experience). you can upload custom artwork or just enter text, lots of styles/sizes and you can also buy ink from them.

2 Likes

This is where I got mine as well. They have many options, and I’m quite happy with mine.

2 Likes

Hey! If you do want a customised stamp I don’t mind helping you out with the graphic skills part :slight_smile: I like to draw

I recently made my own stamp and was very fun. Wouldn’t mind making more, but I don’t really need more then 2 myself.

1 Like

Thank you, @Savagepink and @sarahaeyo. I recently bought my first username stamp from the seller you recommended here, and couldn’t be more pleased with the transaction and my new stamp!

1 Like

Take a look at papersisters.de.
German website .
They have several items specially for Postcrossing !

People here are talking about personalized stamps, as in you can use it as a personal signature. :slight_smile: Used for example during PC meetings to sign cards! Papersisters got nice general ones, but not those discussed here.

1 Like

Hello everyone:)

First of all: please be kind and understanding, no lecturing or rudeness tolerated

I am part of the Postcrossing community for a while now. I have received some postcards from people which had personalised stamps on them. I am talking about ink stamps not the ones you have to stick onto postcards.
So I started to want to make my own stamp but I couldn’t really find where that is possible.
If you know where I could make myself one or even a few, please let me know:)

In this topic in the German community there’s a list of shop to buy stamps. I’m not sure if you can make custom design in any of them, though.

You can get them on Zazzle, even design your own if you don’t like what other designers have designed

Have a browse on Etsy.