Snowflakes on main site!

Logout it shows better it’s the whole page :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love the wintery vibes, it really adds something to the site!

Just gonna add some more wintery vibes with one of my favorite songs!

2 Likes

I didn’t know that! Thanks for the tip :snowman_with_snow: :snowflake:

1 Like

Yes I know right I love it I log out just to see it. Thanks

1 Like

Turns out, we forgot to switch on the winter theme on the forum… oooops! :sweat_smile: You should be able to see it now, if you’re not in the dark theme.

2 Likes

@meiadeleite But nothing when using forum on a phone? No :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

I’m afraid there’s not a lot of space on phones for background images… :disappointed:

1 Like

Just a relished note to say the added snowflakes and logo presents is a nice addition. I have been listening to Steven Curtis Chapman - the music of Christmas… it is an old album but still a favourite around here… his lyrics are one I so identify… makes you grateful for every little miracle.

Today I am baking gingerbread cookies. With a dusting of snow this morning and our birds savouring their seed bells it reminds us all it really is the little things that are to be treasured…. All of them wrapped gifts of happiness of the season.

11 Likes

Aaaaaand did we forget to switch it on on the forum this year again…? Yes, yes we did. :sweat:

It should be on now, for those not using the dark mode!

4 Likes

Ha :smiley: snow :snowflake: flakes

It’s baaaaaaack! :heart_eyes:

17 Likes

I love it so much! It made me smile when I saw it this morning! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Looks great, thanks! :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:
And there is a lot of snow outside already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there an option to disable the snowflakes skin?

I’m not liking it much in the forum. Official site, I am okay with it.

2 Likes

:snowflake: I too became so happy to see the snowflakes again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :snowflake: and I had forgotten this tradition, so it was really nice surprise!

1 Like

It’s very cute but I’d also like to know if there’s a way to disable it - it works weirdly with the dark skin and having the contrast of light and dark on the screen at the same time isn’t really accessible for me.

2 Likes

For some reason, the snowflakes on this page seem so much, well, friendlier than the forty inches of snow that just fell on the northeastern U.S. yesterday.

4 Likes

@nisnoopy3 and @BriJN

I’ve afraid there’s no way to disable it… but if you’re using dark mode here and also dark mode on your computer settings, I believe the background will be switched to black.

1 Like

Aha, I’m on a PC where I’d not changed the main settings - it’s perfect again now, thank you! :star_struck:

I just have to bear with it for a month. And thank you for the tips. It’s back to dark ! :smiley: