Singers on Stamps

Today, I received this stamp sheet on Indian singers as part of my stamp order. I don’t know much about them, since they are from my parent’s generation. But, I am excited to send them on cards to music-loving members.

I am curious to know about stamps depicting singers from other countries. Do you have any such favourite stamps?

16 Likes

9 Likes

I really wish Singapore had a singer series - I would love to send JJ Lin, Stefanie Sun, Tanya Chua, Kit Chan (Mandopop singers) overseas

2 Likes

We seem to have more band stamps than individual singers. :notes: :microphone: :finland:

Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät (“Pertti Kurikka’s Nameday”), a former punk band who represented Finland at ESC 2015. All the members have Down syndrome which I think gained some positive attentation at ESC. Their song Aina mun pitää was the first punk entry at ESC.

Million Miles Away (2015) features some Finland’s most successful rock and metal bands. Also the Rasmus have represented Finland at ESC (2022).

4 Likes

More Finnish singers and bands (pop/rock). :notes: :microphone: They sing in Finnish and are mostly known only in Finland, so I avoid sending these abroad because I don’t know if they interest postcrossers in other countries. Again we have two ESC representants here Laura Voutilainen (2002, Tallinn, she’s also the Finnish voice actor of Meg in Disney’s Hercules) and Jari Sillanpää (2004, Istanbul).

5 Likes

And of course Finnish Eurovision stamps which were issued ahead of the ESC 2007 in Helsinki. One of the stamps features some Finnish ESC repesentants from past (Laila Kinnunen, Finland’s first representant at ESC 1961 in Cannes, Marion Rung, she came 7th at ESC 1962 was Finland’s best place at ESC for over 40 years till 2006, Kirka Babitzin and Katri Helena). The hard rock monster band Lordi won ESC 2006 in Athens and ended Finland’s null points tradition. The band as of 2007 is featured in one of the stamps (nowadays the singer Mr. Lordi is only remaining member of the Eurovision line-up) and Mr. Lordi in the bottom most stamp (drawn by Mr. Lordi himself).

3 Likes

Here are some from the USPS:

8 Likes

Canada Post had some done in 2014, I was able to snag a booklet of the Tragically Hip stamps, and I’m hoping to acquire the Shania Twain ones (my first concert!) in the future!

9 Likes

Post of Armenia issued in 2018 this stamp (sheet-size 90x70mm) with Charles Aznabour:

3 Likes

Pete Seeger was included above by @SilverHare, but I’m mentioning it here as it’s proved surprisingly popular. I am considering getting another sheet of them since they are still available as part of my next USPS order!

1 Like

The very popular Elvis stamps :slight_smile:

There are currently three available in Norway, of entries into the Rockheim Hall of Fame.
Radka Toneff, Halvdan Sivertsen and Jonas Fjeld. I think there are other entries on stamps too.

toneffhalvdanfjeld

I’ve also seen these Eurovision winners and a nul pointer:

1 Like

These are some stamps of Norwegian artists.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of a single one of the so called rock pioneers…

1 Like

Last year Germany published this David Bowie stamp.

Germany never publishes stamps of living persons.

7 Likes

Im sure you are joking…but maybe some have never heard of Elvis Presley or Buddy Holly (odd fact: my college roomate’s dad farmed the field where his plane crashed, plow occasionally turned up metal debris)

1 Like

Of course I’ve heard of them, but they are not on the stamps I was talking about…

If you read the QR Code

You can listen to the song

Music. Rozalen. The violet door

Spain 2023

5 Likes

While Bugs Bunny wasn’t famous for his singing, he did sing in the cartoon What’s Opera, Doc?

8 Likes

Click here to learn more about American Folk singer Pete Seeger. These are still available on USPS website. Oct/2023

6 Likes