Singapore: Stamps unavailable at Post Offices going forward

Yeah I went this afternoon in hopes of getting some 85 cent stamps.

They told me they only had 1st local booklets left. :clown_face:

2 Likes

On another note: I Mail (And I Affirm) āœØļø on Instagram: "like and share to claim and affirm šŸ’–āœØļø #asethetic #mail #singapore #affirmations #affirmation #web #positivevibes #postal #singpost #stamps"

Can still order online. But I always prefer to select my own stamps. I had wanted to buy up all the 5 cents stamps at the neighbourhood PO but was too late.

Order online I find that very difficult to select quantity of a single type of stampā€¦ hope they improve their website soon

1 Like

And they have the most beautiful of all stamps.

I already never buy at local PO, I only go there to get labels from the machine (I use them for those that donā€™t mind them, I am not a philatelist myself - or labels to add a few cents to the stamps I have to reach the correct postage). So already for a couple of years, if I want real stamps I go to GPO. Often, I just go to GPO because I happen to be around there and then go stamp shopping (as I live pretty far from it, so at least I donā€™t do a trip just for that. Maybe they should have one such store in the West too. Fullerton seems to have impossible opening times and last time I went when it was supposed to be open on a Saturday, it was closed anywayā€¦).

This! I buy online too but then I end up having to do maths because I have to buy sets when all I want is the 80 cetns (and a whole load of 5 cents). It is really annoying.

Do 85 cents stamps exist? I always thought I have to do 80 + 5, or whichever other combinations to get to 85 - I have a post-it right here on my wall reminding me of the value of first local so that I donā€™t have to google it/go all the way on singpost website to find out.

It is a similar situation in many countries, as others have sad. I come from Italy and once a few years ago I went back there for holidays and was very confused, we used to be able to buy stamps in newsagents, but it was almost impossible. I had to make a post on here to ask Italian postcrossers what to do. Turns out you need to go to a philatelic store. Even the post office counter wonā€™t have stamps or have no idea (I also asked inside a post office as I was there for whatever other transaction, and they sent me to the philatelic store which was right round the corner anyway, but thatā€™s not always the case). I also heard that recently they are removing postboxes from the streets and only a few remain open. Itā€™s really sad.

Yes - the latest flora series (issued 26 April) had a 85Ā¢ denomination.

I hear there were also older issues with 85Ā¢ stamps, havenā€™t seen them though

Wow! Iā€™m out of date! Thanks for the update.
(rushes out to GPO :D)
(not reallyā€¦ now I assume if I go on Singpost website I have to buy the whole series and then make a puzzle of denominations when all I want is a big stash of 85 cents :sweat_smile: :joy:)

Or you could wait for the next issue, coming on 28 June, before going to the GPO

100th Anniversary of the Causeway, which also has a 85Ā¢ stamp

1 Like

Oh thanks for that! You are very informed :smiley:
I am very low on 80 cent stamps (I have two left ahah). But there is always the label machineā€¦ (and the huge stash of CNY first locals that I boughtā€¦).
I also want to go to East Coast Park when they open the MRT nearby in late June, so I guess thatā€™s my trip to the East sorted :joy:

Soft opening of the TEL on 21, official opening 23
100th Anniversary on 28

For your planning purposes :wink:

Iā€™m a philatelist so I try to keep myself updated with stamp issues :smile:

2 Likes

Ahah thanks again, thought so but was going to look it up (not that I have not been to ECP before, but the TEL seems way more convenient. Wait though, my current way to get there is the bus from Paya Lebar which justifies the trip to GPO! :joy: Iā€™ll just spend a weekend enjoying the joys of public transport old and new :joy:).

Just checking, is the new issue only available at the GPO and Fullerton? Thanks!

And Tampines, the three philatelic stores.

I think it would also be available online at Shop@Singpost

Well, Iā€™m out of luck now :joy: Used to get them at my local post office since Iā€™m never near any of the three philatelic stores. Guess Iā€™ll get all the first day covers I want in one shot during the December holidays!

Well the SAM machine just now at my local post office didnā€™t work, so itā€™s all going well :crazy_face:

well, thatā€™s sad to hear. All the philatelic stores are so far away from where I usually go :frowning: When I went to the philatelic stores, they only allowed me to purchase a full set even if I wanted only 1 denomination. Iā€™m never gonna use the $1.15 stamps :triumph::triumph:

In korea, you can only buy commemorative stamps at bigger post offices, although there are over 150 across the nation so it isnā€™t too rare to find a post office selling those stamps.

Hopefully they will open the Philatelic Store on sundays, because that will probably be the only time Iā€™ll be free to buy stamps :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

At least Tampines is decently near tekong :skull:

Psstā€¦Envelopes

Unfortunately, no Sundays. Only Saturdays at GPO (until 1400) and Tampines (until 1600)

:scream: It used to be open all the time!
So basically I have a window of just a few hours a week (Saturday mornings, yes my personal morning ends at 2pm) to buy stamps. Great, just great :dizzy_face: (also timely information, as ever, as I was thinking I could hop to GPO if I am out tomorrow, but definitely wonā€™t be that early).

If they just sorted out that website and sold individual stamps and not setsā€¦

They changed their operating hours from February.

It used to be 1030 to 2000 daily, nowadays itā€™s 1030 to 1900 on weekdays, 1030 to 1400 on Saturdays.