Show Your Maxipics (Maximum Pictures)

Resharing this Mahatma Gandhi Museum with Mahatma Gandhi Museum Postmark, sadly this museum don’t have any Postcards

9 Likes

New one registered:

6 Likes

New registered:

7 Likes

I finally did one this weekend, in Faro! It’s not an official postcard — just a card I’m going to send to a friend soon. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Lovely! Thanks for sharing! Keep 'em coming. Do you live in Faro?

1 Like

New registered one:

7 Likes

I live maybe 30kms eastwards of Faro, so relatively close! I haven’t bought postcards from my hometown in some time… must check if there are some that could be used for this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I didn‘t know this was a thing before I read the Blog :star_struck:

I did this last year because I actually wrote the cards there, and put them straight to the postbox a few minutes later, so I didn‘t have a Scanner with me :grin:

Next time I will take much better photos of the locations. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Straight to my favorites :slight_smile:

1 Like

My new favorite, by @noelia_deprofundis:

Wow!! What are the odds of being able to capture this??? This one should win an award! :trophy:
I asked Noelia about this picture, and she said:

I was very lucky :smiley:

Others by @noelia_deprofundis (with her permission):

18 Likes

Thanks for sharing.
I have other two maxi pics:

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Amazing Noelia! Perfect perspective and placement!

If you care sharing, I’m curious: what did the recipients of those cards say when they saw the uploaded images (especially the rainbow one)?

Also, what things do you have in consideration when taking these pictures? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Hello, Eric.
No one has told me anything special about the photos. I think you are the first person to tell me that you like my maxipics. Thank you very much. The rainbow photo was quite a coincidence. We were on vacation in a town on La Gomera and I bought postcards. In the afternoon I saw that the rainbow had come out and I ran to take the photo. I’m very happy

10 Likes

This one is unique, given that I’m a follower of That Dad Guy @rlennox postcrossing youtuber, and I was lucky to draw his address! What are the odds.
Of course I created a Maxipic for his card:

And it was featured on one of his videos here:

What an honor!! :blush:

4 Likes

Oh! I’ve done this a few times, but I’ll spare you, sharing only one of them… in a classic spot at Saint-Marc sur Mer (France). My village is known for staring in the 1953 movie “The Holidays of Mr Hulot”, hence the statue of Jacques Tati looking at the beach!

14 Likes

This one is great!! Thanks for sharing!
Please share the others as well! :pray:

Thank you!

Please share the others as well! :pray:

To be fair, the others are not that interesting as they’re kind of similar or not perfectly concording! But here’s another:

2 Likes

An older photo from Germany (Taken in October), where I sent a mailbox themed card, from the same type of mailbox! Sad story is that this card has now been on its way to the USA for 42 days already…

10 Likes

At Tapada Nacional de Mafra

3 Likes

Hmm, just discovered my village’s heritage group sells vintage postcard reprints - would like to get them and make maxipics of how the streets look now (unfortunately they’re sold through the library, which just got flooded due to a burst pipe last week). Maybe I can do it when I head down to my parent’s town too - be a weird thing to explain though, especially during a Christmas visit!

2 Likes