Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Today I wanted to challenge myself and try something new.
This is a mix of monoprinting & rubber stamps. What looks like ochre is actually gold.

29 Likes

I received your card today, it arrived in perfect condition - thank you so much, it’s wonderful! :green_heart: :fox_face:

4 Likes

Superhero stuff :blush: I used glow in the dark threads for the eye’s so they actually light up :sweat_smile:

44 Likes

She wanted only a Penguin card - so I custom-made it. She already had around ~200 penguin cards, so it was hard to find a card she didn’t already have!

92 Likes

Making more stamp rainbows. Not really in a creative mood, but felt like making something anyways, and these are nice and methodical.

55 Likes

That’s such an amazing card :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you Shaleen <3 @shaleen

they look great!

2 Likes

I love using my neon or metallic colors occasionally with the regular watercolor ones to add a pop of color! I only make one of each design, so it was extremely hard to part ways with them…

40 Likes

OMG :heart_eyes: I LOVE this one!

2 Likes

This is so cute! :green_heart::fox_face:

1 Like

Something different… don’t know the name of this pokemon :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy:
Great idea!!!

Another tryout. Today in the mood of galaxy themed postcards (e.g. colour pencils, washi tape, doodles).

34 Likes

Still trying to expand my Skills :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Two watercolours and a „painted collage“.

27 Likes

@sneezingdogs

Some other great handmade postcards! Thank you for sharing the link. :star_struck:

1 Like

I’m learning to make cyanotype prints! This is a picture of Mount Rainier, a famous mountain that’s very close to where I live. I have some adjustments to make for better quality results, but I’m very happy with this first attempt :smiley: (as always, anyone who wants to swap for one of these can message me!)

If you look at the wikipedia page I linked, there is a picture of a postcard from 1910 that was made using this method!

56 Likes

If i understand it right, this is a photo not a painting? The process seems very interesting :blush:

OMG!! They are wonderfuuuull!! If i have some day one of these postcard in my mailbox it would make my day​:heart_eyes_cat::+1:t2:

Yes! People who work with analog photography consider cyanotype to be an “alternative process” for developing photos. It can also be used to make prints directly from objects such as leaves and flowers, but I used a full scale photo negative to make this one.

4 Likes