Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Watercolor orca. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

This reminded me of the recent episode of True Facts. It is fascinating how clever bees are!

6 Likes

These are amazing! You are so talented.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words.

1 Like

A postcard avatar quote postcard heading out

21 Likes

Avatar mash up with the postcrosser’s favorite painting

30 Likes

Today I have just hand-carved eraser stamp of Little My - a Moomins character from Finland and made a postcard with the stamp :slight_smile:

26 Likes

One of special handmades of mine finally arrived to Finland to dear @Kanerva, made after one of the Van Gogh paintings

What makes it extra special - the journey of almost 2.5 years. It was sent on 23rd March 2022 (officially Finnish post stopped accepting post from Russia on 9th of April or slightly earlier, so card didn’t manage to hop on last plane/train even though there was time) and returned to me almost 2 years later on 27th February 2024 when Russian post gave up all hopes (or just somebody in Vnukovo International airport asked ‘And what is supposed to be in those postal containers?’) :smiling_face_with_tear: With an official - signed and stamped - certificate that 'there is no postal connection with that country"

But luckily dear @Sigiriya helped me (and the card) to reach its destination, and finally it’s where it’s supposed to be! :mending_heart:

43 Likes

This card is art created for the sake of handmade art on a postcard that says something about me to the recipient

The large image on the rt is the postcard the smaller images are the creation of the card. It is my puppy who helped pose for the piece. I wish it a safe travel but if I know my pup the card will take its time getting to its destination unless maybe there is a treat in the mailbox

24 Likes

Beautiful card! Made with washi tape, I presume? And how great to have the help of another Postcrosser to send it along the way!

3 Likes

Looking at the whole image you posted, it would be amazing to receive a postcard that is a collage of the finished art and the progress panels too!

That would be cool but I would need to have that printed :grin: the fun will be when they register it they get to see the progression

1 Like

today i’ll send this one to a sweet soon-to-be mother in sweden - i hope she’ll like it as much as i do

(pls ignore my messy desk😅)

17 Likes

Very cute 🫶🏻

1 Like

Amazing card, amazing story! Glad it arrived in the end thanks to another Postcrosser!!

2 Likes

I received today a bunch of cute things to decorate :star_struck: So many possibilities! I’m very excited to make something beautiful!

26 Likes

Woww @Xute !! Just Amazing!!
What I would do to get a card like that, so beautiful - sadly i just started PC otherwise i would offer you anything for your art :sparkles::sparkles:
I mostly do scrapbooked cards rn

2 Likes

I can do similar for you, just pick a painting (or I can choose myself as a surprise based on your favourites), and write me your address in PMs :hugs:

1 Like

wait really?? Oh wow, thank you sm - i’ll dm you in a second :face_holding_back_tears::tulip:

1 Like

It made with washitapes?