Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

thank you kindly!

A few collage cards made today. So much fun.

27 Likes

Illustrations from a great book about costume history I found in the thrift store.

43 Likes

Working on the bears of Joan Elliott

42 Likes

Embroidery on cardboard.

61 Likes

A little quilt project to see how it held up. It arrived perfectly so I’ll be making more soon!

52 Likes

brown is one of my favorite colors - your art reminds me of why :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Made some collage postcards again:

:green_heart::fox_face:

24 Likes

Beautiful work @wurzelsofie ! :bouquet:

2 Likes

I love this idea! What a nice way to recycle cardboard and turn it into a wonderful art.

May I ask how thick is the cardboard that you normally use? Is it not difficult to go through the cardboard with small needles? How does the backside of the postcard look like? Sorry for so many questions! :sweat_smile:

Card looks lovely!

I tried some Vintage style Collage

42 Likes

This was about 1mm, the thickness was about the same as a 350gsm board. I got this cardboard as part of some packaging. I didn’t have a problem stitching with a small needle and I covered the backside with paper to cover the stitches.
I usually send such cards in an envelope because I’m worried about a sorting machine eating up the stitches :slight_smile:

I didn’t count how many tries it took me and how much paper was wasted until I managed to create this cyanotype postcard. It will be sent to a non-Postcrosser, so I can show it before sending.

58 Likes

A dolphin watercolor painting. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Got some nice printouts online to make this card. Love it.

18 Likes

My owl has arrived.

30 Likes

I really like this one.

1 Like

Having some fun with stamps :two_hearts:

28 Likes

Made with my hand-carved stamps of flora and nice origami paper :hibiscus:

14 Likes

:cat:

11 Likes