Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

If you would like one, pn me your adress and I will send it to you :+1::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

hello everybody)
these post cards were sent to my friends to Switzerland and Poland

25 Likes

and these post cards for girl friend of my son.
She is so cute and tender. and also she is confectioner.
the translation of the inscription on the postcard is "what was your first desert? ")

21 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with Christmas lights lately and made these last week in my holiday.
They are 3 light up, special effect cards :grin:

The flash light lights up on the side if you press the button on the handle

On the festive dinner plate, the pearls light up and change color when pressing the cat paw

On this last card you press the corner

36 Likes

These are absolutely amazing! :star_struck:

:green_heart::fox_face:

1 Like

These are great!

1 Like

11 Likes

I tried the same technique with an illustrated ad card. Here’s two former presidents of Finland having a pyjama party, and baking pancakes. :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes

I tried my new cutting dies with various fishes and a whale:

the back is also decorated with the edge of a stamp-block and little fishes

30 Likes

There are some amazing cards here!!! How could you not like a card that someone has put their heart and soul into? :heart_eyes::star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I love this!!!:heart::grinning::email::mailbox:

1 Like

Here’s a couple of little fineliner sketches I did to send out! Also, I might have spent way too much time looking at all the creations in this thread - they’re all so good and inspiring.

29 Likes

20 Likes

Wow that’s great :+1::heart_eyes:

1 Like

wow amazing. What a lovely idea, what kind of lights did you use?

1 Like

Micro led xmas lights on batteries. I bought them at ‘action’ and use a cell battery for a watch to power them.

Work in progress

16 Likes

I am absolutely blown away by how many such creative cards you all make! I hope that I sometime also find such a card in the mail.
I did notice something though: I haven’t been on Postcrossing that long, but I’ve seen a lot of profiles that have dedicatedly asked not to receive handmade cards. Do you only send your cards to people who specifically ask for handmade cards? Or even if there is simply no indication on the profile if you like handmade cards or not?

I have also tried in the last few days to create a few cards and would like to share my results so far with you.

34 Likes

I like your cards! Especially the coffee card since it’s my drink of 1st choice :grin:
About sending handmade cards: I mostly make my cards for tags or round robins. Sometimes I’ll make a personalized card based on the profile when they appreciate handmade cards.
When people mention they don’t like them, I don’t bother them with one.
On the official site I only send handmades when
Specifically mentioned, on the forum I dare slipping one in when they don’t mention it at all.

For me, tags work best because i can mostly let my creativity go and find a tag for it. Round robins can be challenging when there’s a theme or special rules.
Have fun and enjoy card making!!

and here us the result of 'work in progress ’
It’s also a light up card but with a game. It lights up when u press 2 matching buttons :grin:

23 Likes

I saw a similar one at the Postcrossing- Gallery and decided to make my own…

39 Likes

Already received.

29 Likes