Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Found this cute Fabriano`s Watercolor paper postcard set. Love it! Sturdy enough to sent without envelope. ( i think )
For sure; someone is going to get a selfmade ( painted/ drawing) postcard from me :grin: (of course, only if the profile says selfmade is OK)

*behind is my work in progress *

25 Likes

I made a simple card with my new rubber stamps and new colors…

24 Likes

These are some of the “postage people” collage cards I’ve made lately on vintage postcards.

37 Likes

Wau, these are great!!! I esp. like this. :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

I just finished a themed series of cards using watercolor, collage and stamps. As a psychotherapist I often notice that people in depression can go through stages, so I made this series which represents that.

Dark Matter

What Hugs Mean

Staying Strong

Stand Up

In Full Bloom

I wonder who else has made some interesting theme series?

11 Likes

@TwasBrillig I really love these (what a beautiful and affirming way to mark that journey)! I hope that if others have gotten into making theme series that they will post them! I’m so inspired :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stunning!!! Love each one of these!!!

1 Like

I love knowing about this - thank you!

1 Like

Both of these that you’ve posted are incredible!!

1 Like

Thank you very much!:blush::hugs::blush:

1 Like

Hello!

I have a question.

How can I exchange handmade cards with people who post in this thread? I make cards with nice origami paper and my handmade carved stamps and would love to exchange handmade cards with people in this thread.

I know there is a trade thread but the thread moves so fast with other card requests, plus many people in that trade thread may not care about exchanging handmade cards. I have the feeling I would not have a good luck in that trade thread as no one has responded to me when I posted in that thread asking for a handmade card exchange.

So, my question is would it be okay to create a new thread in this handmade section to look for people who can exchange handmade cards with me ?

If not, what else can I do to be able to exchange handmade cards with people in this thread ?

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve sent a few home-made cards over the years, not just the cereal box type either. Some are images I’ve found in magazines, some I’ve stitched, some are stamp collages made with stamps that are no good to collectors (ripped or chipped or marked with texta or pen instead of being cancelled properly, occasionally stuck on with stickytape). A few are ones of photos I’ve taken and gotten printed through vistaprint.

I made this Totoro ( AU-823111) using up leftover diamenties from a “diamond art” picture I was given for Christmas. I hate throwing out anything I can re-use or re-invent like this. That’s why I recently made these stamp collage cards. The stamps are worthless (ripped, chipped etc) but the card (also up-cycled!) was fun to make!

I hope you all enjoyed my little meander through home-made fun. I’ve also sent a lot of cross-stitched cards. They can take a little effort to make but are worth it I think.
Browsing this topic has given me a few ideas for all those little scraps of paper I have left over but are still too nice to throw away too! Thank you!

27 Likes

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/handmade-postcard-tag-simple-easy-fun/7561?u=bigfootmaine-pray4me

1 Like

Hi @pray4me

Thank you, I knew about the tag but it moves rather slowly, right?

I would like to send more than one handmade card to multiple people at once at least a couple times a week.

What should I do now ?

1 Like

I think we should have a 5 food package tag where you send 5 food package postcards you show the ones you can send? people pick if they want them written and or blank?
I have so many and yes it goes slow

@pray4me

As for tags, I was told we cannot create any tag threads in this handmade section. We need an appoval by the moderators if we want to create other tag threads in tag section.

By the way, my handmade cards are made with origami paper and my handmade carved stamps, not food package cards, though :slight_smile:

I already showed my cards in this thread above, but here are the examples again - Would anyone like to swap with me ? Please message me! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You can contact them directly and ask if they are interested in a swap. If you don’t mean trading with specific users, you can visit other handmade threads. There is a very active Handmade RR and a lot slower Handmade choose a subject tag. Those are the two games I take part in but there are much more under the “handmade” tag: Topics tagged handmade

4 Likes

No, please use #trades-requests-offers:postcards for offering your trades. You can post the URL to your topic in #trades-requests-offers in the post where you show your cards.

PM them if they show something you like and would like to swap with them.

If you participate more often, it will move faster, I think.

You can mention that in your topic in #trades-requests-offers:postcards . Make sure you use the #handmade label for it, so people who are interested in handmade can find it more easily.

Please do also take into account that many people who do handmade postcards only have a small time slot for making cards or put lots of time into the creation of each card or make them for special purposes only, so they might not have as many cards to offer in exchange.

That’s true, all topics that are swaps or resembling tags are being moved to #trades-requests-offers:postcards by one of the moderators, because that’s the place for swaps.

That’s true, because in the past there were too many similar tags, so they weren’t used and even slower. That’s why new tag ideas are being discussed and later on voted for before you can open them. It’s not that difficult. Once you start a vote, you might post a the link to the vote here once, so that people who are interested can see it. (Same for RRs.)

3 Likes

@hankadl
@reisegern

I was told in a private message by a fellow member that I should message the artists in this thread. I have been hesitant to message them as I tend to think they are busy or maybe not into swaps… But I guess it would be the best to message them after all to see if they are interested in swapping ?

1 Like

You will find out if you message them. Some might be interested, others might say no or not answer at all (and maybe just remove themselves from the message).

And I think everyone who’s interested in swapping with you and reads this topic will contact you once they read this discussion.

Some people who’d like to swap the cards they show here mention so when showing their cards, you could start by searching this topic for “swap”, “trade” or other search words that might be helpful to find these offers.

Also there might be offers for handmade trades in #trades-requests-offers:postcards, you can read all new topics in that category on a regular base to see if people might be interested in your cards. You could also search for trade requests that are a bit older and not marked as “closed” by the topic owner.

Edit: I will not write more about this in this topic, no more ideas left and many things have already been suggested by other users, too.

3 Likes