Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

A bit of Vermeer (the milkmaid) and a bit of me :blush: for a postcrossing friend.

Technic: Painting, collage, stamping and more

42 Likes

Thank you @FantasyHouse :bouquet: :blush: I think everybody making a card puts a lot of her/himself into it: sun, warm hugs and greetings, luck… :heart_eyes: All of them are warm hugs in paper-form.

4 Likes

:clap: Very inspiring dear @thetimp :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What a work !!! Amazing ! I don’t ask how many time it needed :wink: I can imagine @andrea209

1 Like

Little reminder: make love - not war!
I originally printed this postcard as a poster. It was printed with a hand-carved linocut with wooden letters on a historical printing press. Later I scanned one of the posters and made this postcard (a digital print) from it.

41 Likes

Some of my last handmades…

Collage made of our laboratory maps, so beautiful colours!!!

And here a foodpack card!

Of course I made Easter cards, too!

And since then every day I’m busy with my very first pop-op Card!!! Hopefully I can show it to you asap…

23 Likes

You are very busy @ipuenktchen :smiley: Great ! I love the foodpack card and also the eggs card and :smiley: You make so various “things” :clap:

1 Like

A Tausendschön card for an “official” postcrosser :slightly_smiling_face:

Works begins :smiley: As I don’t like naked-white backs and because I love to play with colours… I go over with a crayon, here in green, then I wipe lightly over with a Tempo. I also go over the existing dots and lines with a crayon or Fineliner, add stickers…

Sometimes, when the card is already written, I get an idea and add something, like hearts, as here :slightly_smiling_face:

When I write a card I am convinced, that’s just the most joyful thing at postcrossing and then… when I open my mailbox… I think, no ! Receiving postcards is the most best :smiley: BOTH either :smiley:

13 Likes

Cutting and pasting really relieve stress

25 Likes

Really beautiful, the 3D effect make all even more beautiful. You used a “paste” !? What a paste ? @nomi44 very interesting !

In Germany it is not use to send 1st Mai postcards and/or giving a little bunch of lilly of the valley to dear friends as lucky-charm on 1st Mai but in France it is, so I have to make my own cards in my second mother-country :smiley: “bisous” = “kisses” :wink:
The lilly of the valley is a screen shot, printed as foto, cut out and glued on card. I also cut the corners “round” because I love round :smiley:

24 Likes

:laughing:Thanks. I used glue stick. It is often used to paste stamps

1 Like

:rofl: OK :smiley: and then you went across with colour… and the glue-paste become dry and don’t “move” ??? Aha ! I will try @nomi44

1 Like

Lily of the valley is so beautiful. If you ever get my profile, please make such a postcard for me.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Been in a drawing mood this week. I have no idea why Laika popped into my brain.

27 Likes

Thank YOU @FantasyHouse Now I know ! Should I get your ID … I will make you a postcard, inspired by your profile :wink: BUT … if you like, just send me your address in a PM and … you will get these one :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you, that’s so generous. And I read your profile…God, fantastic dollhouses, what a miracle. I have written to you personally, I will be very pleased to exchange beautiful postcards with you.:blush:

1 Like

I made this stamp art using duplicates from my Grandfather’s collection of stamps :blush:

44 Likes

Quoth the Raven:
“Nevermore
shall I be an Easter bunny!
To be sure
it is not funny
and is not the Raven’s lore.”

:green_heart::fox_face:

44 Likes

Guess what I found in my mailbox today - that card is really great :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes