Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

So great! I think our postman would ring to give me such card personally :joy:
And I also wonder were to find the boys. Well, I’m sure I would blush, if I had to buy the raw material for such cards. :blush: :grin:

2 Likes

This made me laugh aloud :joy: I love it!

2 Likes

I made these fake stamps for a postcrosser who likes cats, plus some “stickers” :slight_smile:

23 Likes
9 Likes

@wurzelsofie I’ll have think about signing up for this one! Still so many RR groups I have not checked out yet!

@lauranalanthalasa @ConnyB I admit, I am a horrible cheater and had to print them for this collage. I was NOT finding these in any of the magazines or newspapers I have on hand. This was definitely the first time I’ve intentionally searched out such material :flushed:. Was not comfortable for me, but I did so for the sake this mail art idea! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I discovered the online art gallery called Singulart. The painter of those works is Yaroslav Sobol (I think the originals are for sale! :dollar:) Yaroslav Sobol : contemporary Ukrainian Painter - SINGULART ( :stop_sign:NSFW!! :stop_sign:)

9 Likes

“Watermail” :grin: :blush:

2 Likes

Made a recipe card, I think it turned out cute. It’s for my penpal. This a typical Dutch for Sinterklaas, a kind of Santa. We celebrate December 5th.

39 Likes

Oh I might try this too, thank you for the recipe! I just have to google how to make flour self raising :thinking: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It is 250g, right?

1 Like

You can add some baking power. Yes 250 gram. Curious if you like them :blush:

1 Like

Nice! :smiley::+1:
I remember I kept this from the web for a year or more now, still have it on my phone, and wanted to try the same for my penfriends with my own cookies recipe. You made me want to try it.

23 Likes

Reused sticky notes. Before they were part of my studies and now a postcard :slight_smile:

28 Likes

That recipe and handlettering looks great too

1 Like

Oh… I think we have the same little sticky notes — great idea to use them like this, I might give it a try! :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t mailed these yet as they’re pretty new.

They’re all simple drawings of different kind of dogs, inspired by rescue dogs. I drew the dog on copy paper, ripped it away and glued it into a cardboard that I had coloured with tea! (Art form I learned from my grandma, who learned it from Asian art styles)

Then I scanned the cards and ordered them from Ifolor. Easier that way!
The middle one is an actual dog breed Xoloitzcuintli when the two others are not specific. That one I hadn’t made into a card so I just edited the scanned photo and made it into a simple illustration card.

I made sevaral of these cards but only ordered these three. Hope to send them out to someone soon! :blush:

16 Likes

Oh, that seems to Not have worked. But I saw the card in the other Thread and I think it’s great! You should definitely make more! And I would love to see the other ones here as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today I received this great collaged card from @changaj as part of an exchange. She didn’t explain as to which species the furry, triangular “pink cute unsolved mathematical problem” belonged, but I assume it doesn’t bite.

15 Likes

I finished my 20 (!!!) similar zentangle-xmas-cards finally!!!

Here you can have a little Glance.
Pls be patient…

And with more energy I started to create a new xmas-card…

Using the snowflakes we learned recently!!!

14 Likes

Chigiri-e, collage of pieces of colored Japanese traditional paper ‘washi’, is one of my hobbies. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
The mount is a card made of handmade Japanese paper.

29 Likes

pure beauty!!!

It’s so cool to see all the different techniques that people use to make their creations. Every time I drop by this topic, I’m inspired to try out new things! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes