Show us the AIRMAIL LABEL from around the world! ✈

After I’ve joined Postcrossing for 2 years, and I sent and collected postcards for a long time. I’ve seen many AIRMAIL LABEL from all over the world.

When you go to post office and you want to send a postcard to abroad, some post offices have an airmail label for attaching on the international postcards/mails to indicate that I want to send them via airmail. Many postal services have an official sticker label for in each version, each languages. Some postal services don’t have any sticker label but use rubber stamp instead.

And some postcards maybe use the handmade or unofficial airmail labels or stamps, that it’s ok and accepted by post office for indicate that they want to send via airmail.

I think I didn’t see any topics that mentioned about airmail label from around the world. So, I’d like to open this topic for every postcrossers to show your airmail label that you’ve seen on your received postcards or use for your postcards.

Let’s show and share your AIRMAIL LABEL from your collections! :blush: :postbox:

Sticker label

Non-sticker label

21 Likes

in the info box of some I also wrote from which country they are

11 Likes

Singapore’s ones

No longer necessary (just stick on enough postage for airmail) but I still use them since they are available at the post office

7 Likes

Italy:

5 Likes

I thought the airmail thing was just decor lol. I’m new to this. Nice to know this info

4 Likes

Thank you so much for starting this topic! I really like Airmail labels. I have a small collection of some unused ones!

These I got while sending mail in other countries.

This is my collection of unused USPS labels. I treasure them!

UNKNOWN SOLVED by @Tetsuko - it was Czech Republic!

12 Likes

To date I have received mail from 144 states. Checking it I found these labels and marks :wink:
I also have those from Germany, Canada, United Kingdom, Singapore and others that have already been placed in previous posts and therefore I have not put the photos here.

Albania:

Belarus:

Brazil:

Bulgaria:

Chile:

China:

Croatia:

Cyprus

Czech Republic:

Denmark:

Falkland Islands:

Finland:

Georgia:

Honduras:

Hong Kong:

Hungary:

India:

Ireland:

Israel:

Japan:

Laos:

Lithuania:

New Zealand:

Norway:

Poland:

Russia:

Serbia:

Seychelles:

Slovakia:

South-Africa:

South-Korea:

Sri-Lanka:

Sweden:

Switzerland:

Taiwan:

Thailand:

Ukraine:

United States of America:

Uzbekistan:

Vietnam:

8 Likes

I haven’t see anything like that in Sri Lanka. Its just, in most of the postcards it has already imprinted as “Air Mail”

And I think whether it is printed or not all the international mails go as Air Mails, so it might not needed to specially mentioned as Air Mails (its just my opinion

7 Likes

Interesting, this thread will lead me to collect these air mail stickers as well as stamps, haha
Thank you for nice thread:)

6 Likes

These are in my stamp collection. Unused vintage USPS Airmail Stamps!

Screenshot_20230806_023412

9 Likes

I received one like your unknown ones from Czech Republic

7 Likes

I still have some from :chile: I will use them when I am back there.

8 Likes

These days, Australia doesn’t use these labels! This is because, as far as I know, all our mail is air mail - so there’s no need to declare it as such using a sticker.

This is what I’ve seen for the old designs of the air mail stickers. You can still buy them, but only ‘vintage’ sellers have them - so ebay and the like. And I believe if you stick one on, it won’t be listened to until it’s left Australia? I’ve never sent mine with any sort of air mail sticker and they all arrive fine :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I print airmail labels sticker by myself.

3 Likes

Pos Indonesia doesn’t need an airmail label especially for overseas mails which always send by air. This is one of the common designs, probably used in the past (now just decoration).

Texts : “Air Mail” “Fast-Precise-Safe”

There are many other unofficial and cute designs in online shops though.

5 Likes

I like air mail stickers. The few I have removed from postcards, I’ve used in my planner, junk journal and paper craft projects. Love them.

1 Like

How about my self-made label?

6 Likes

Nice to know: the sorting machines of PostNL recognise the dots beneath ‘Prioritaire’ and so the sorting process for outbound international mail goes faster.

5 Likes

interessting to know didn’t knew these dots have any use.

2 Likes

These are handmade cards I sent out over a decade ago… :see_no_evil: :laughing: haha!

< - - - MY-103954

< - - - MY-128065

< - - - MY-129657

< - - - MY-130662

11 Likes