Share your sent/received Christian postcards!

I don’t know if people who say they don’t want Christian postcards include pictures of cathedrals or not, since they are usually architectural and historical gems as well as religious buildings. I err on the side of caution and send something else.

Lincoln Cathedral:

4 Likes

It depends on the people, I guess some people are irritated just by seeing a church picture. They have their reason. In France it would be difficult for them, there is a church in every village!
But I think rather that these people do not want to receive an image of Jesus Christ, a verse of the Bible etc.,

1 Like

St Paul’s Cathedral, London, England, UK

3 Likes

Westminster Abbey, London, England, UK

3 Likes

Church of Western Indonesia Immanuel, or Blenduk Church in Semarang, Central Java.

The Church of Our Lady of the Assumption, also known as the Jakarta Cathedral.

2 Likes

Here is the church of an old abbey of Ossiach in Austria, founded around the year 1028.

A tombstone near the wall of the church gave rise to a legend, according to which King Boleslaus II of Poland (died around 1081), the assassin of Bishop Stanislaus of Krakow, would have found refuge with the brothers of Ossiach where he spent the rest of his life as a silent penitent, and would be buried there.

The church has been owned by the State of Carinthia since 1996.

4 Likes

Hello,
some cards that I have received or sent:

Taulumäki Church is the principal church of Jyväskylä city parish. The church was completed in 1929 according to plans drawn up by architect Elsi Borg. The church is known as the church of angels due to the many depictions of angels found there. The church, built in neoclassicist style, is a long church with a west tower over 30 metres in height.

Church in Benz/Insel Usedom
First building from the 13th century.
The furnishings include an altar from 1712 with six small, overpainted late Gothic carved figures (Peter, Elizabeth of Thuringia, the Evangelist John, John the Baptist and Catherine).
In 1836, the beamed ceiling was replaced by a wooden barrel vault, on which a coffered ceiling designed as a starry sky was painted in 1909, although no star is repeated.
The painter and Bauhaus master Lyonel Feininger often painted and drew the church.

5 Likes

The ceiling of the 2nd church is really interesting!

1 Like

Last year in the church in Benz/Usedom, Germany

6 Likes

Madonna and Child:

3 Likes

The “Cunerakerk” is the main church of Rhenen, Netherlands. During the Middle Ages it was an important pilgrimage site.
It was a catholic church but since the Reformation in 1580 the Cunerachurch is in use by the Protestants.

2 Likes

Holy Resurrection Orthodox Church of Hakodate / 函館ハリストス正教会

Catholic Hakodate Motomachi Church / カトリック元町教会

These two churches are located next to each other.

3 Likes

Here are mine:

2 Likes

And some more

3 Likes

Beautiful !

Today I received this great card with history on the backside.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Both cards show the church of the former monastery in Bad Doberan.

1 Like

Received today from Netherland!
This Catholic church is located in the city of Eindhoven. Although most of the Netherlands is Protestant, this city has always been very Catholic.
Just looking I want to visit it!

1 Like

I received this from Germany, love it❤️

1 Like