Shame we don't get many African countries taking part

Even before the Covid-19 pandemic, Africa has been rare. I have sent more than 4550 cards now, but only 10 of them went to Africa (9 to South Africa, 1 to Tanzania) and I receiced 13 from Africa (1 from Burkina Faso, 1 from the Republic Congo, 1 from Egypt, 2 from Namibia, 1 from Réunion, 7 from South Africa).
I think they have some challenges in Africa, like economic issues and bad infrastructure, so that sending postcards has not a high priority there.

6 Likes

Réunion is near Africa but is a French overseas region. In which category does it belong for Postcrossing ?

I count it to Africa like the former French Colony Madagascar or the former Portugese colony Cape Verde. Mali or Algeria were also counted to Africa when they were French.

3 Likes

Donated to all 3 of them, thx for sharing! And today got my 1st card, from Tanzania-based project “Hearts in Unity” :star2:

25 Likes

You’re welcome Leo - I know they really appreciate your support & it’s great to be able to help others & see how that help makes a positive difference in people’s lives & get some neat postcards from rare & special countries too. Good for you!

3 Likes

I also donated to all three projects and already got two cards back. So it’s good for you and them, if anyone is hesitating. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ok, will start the process. I’ll post my cards when they arrive. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

https://princeandprincessacadmy.com/postcards/ - you scroll through the cards & then the order process is at the bottom of the page

2 Likes

If it doesn’t work tomorrow, I’d email them - they’re quite responsive & may have a suggestion or a Plan B

2 Likes

Maybe we could do a list of those services for extremely rare countries, were we usually can not get postcards via PostCrossing. In another thread a saw a service for Botswana.

4 Likes

I was just thinking that it would be awesome to create a wiki page or something that complies a list of charities or other ways to get a written postcard for a fee from a rare country (not just Africa). I donated to the ones listed in this thread, and can’t wait for them arrive, even if months later. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

do you have a link to that page please?

You are right about this, like I stay in Africa a country called Uganda but you find it very difficult to access a post office or even a post card besides we majority of the people don’t know how to do postcrossing but they surely would love to share so much about their places. We also have so many projects that might improve on the sensitisation but you find it very expensive.

11 Likes

I received this one from https://princeandprincessacadmy.com in Ghana.

10 Likes

This is more like a commercial store but this is where you can get a written and stamped postcard from Botswana.

https://yourbotswana.com/postcards/

7 Likes

So, we’ve got services for:

• Ghana
  • Tanzania
  • Mali
  • Botswana

Any other suggestions?

3 Likes

Just sent my payment off for my Botswana card. And I just received last week the postcard from Timbuktu (Mali) awesome suggestions guys!

3 Likes

Could someone maybe show the stamps on the received cards? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Slightly related. You can get a North Korean postcard thru a travel agency. I never tried it because I didn’t have Paypal during that time and sort of forgotten about it. I don’t know if they could send it as of this moment considering North Korea is close to outsiders today.

3 Likes

I don’t have the other ones on my phone right now. :see_no_evil:

Edit: I’m on my computer and can access them now:

9 Likes