Shame we don't get many African countries taking part

Yes, I thought of a special account, and maybe even put this type of postcard in special criteria. So you can choose if you would like to receive and respond to these type of cards. As I can think some users might not be into this. But this could come in handy for all grades of school teachers, scout organizers, or even interest groups/sports fraternities to practice. This way the account owner can be the proxy, using only his postal address to be ‘middle man’ and this could also form some kind of safety net, as the organizer will be able to assist in quality etc.
This could also be a side ‘mission’ on PC where only such teachers are pooled together and their subjects write to each other not even involving the bigger PC community at large. But think you will need to think this through as there is almost endless possibilities.
In the end the goal will be the same, opening up a world of post, penfriends and postcards to more people. This could be quite an aggressive marketing campaign even in areas where postcards is not really a thing*

2 Likes

Sometimes we had the experience that cards sent to schools don’t get registered because the school is closed over the summer or whatever reason…

There is also a section of the forum where teachers can look for other teachers and do school exchanges etc. I guess what you propose is happening but without a dedicated account like you suggest :slight_smile: I can see how a dedicated account would facilitate it, but I wonder as it’s not been implemented so far…

That’s a wonderful idea, and I’m telling you this as an elementary school teacher. I’m planning to do the same here in Mexico with my students.

8 Likes

Maybe the school or the teacher can get a P.O. Box for a year long. In that way the mail will arrive without problem, I guess.

2 Likes

When doing it like that I think it is maybe just important to maybe send the postcard in envelope explaining the details to the recipient of the postcard. Also maybe state it on your postcrossing profile, Stating what you do, that way some of your kids in turn can have some post as well. Being a proxy you will need to be on it, it might be necessary to ask the person posting to make contact with you, that way they can get name and details of the learner that the postcard will be going to? This is if your not doing it in Direct Swaps, that might be the better rout? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking like using my current profile maybe publish the project here on the forum and find people who wants to participate. I was thinking more in like people of my country or the region (Latin America) in order to get fast the postcards and written in Spanish (easier for the kids). If I get an enough ammount of participants as children each one of them can write to one of my students and vice versa :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m down with that! :heart::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

Miguel,
Dios mio, let’s not limit ourselves here. :grinning:
Children need to know about our big blue diverse not so perfect plant- Earth. What better way than including everyone!

You know USA has over 20% Latino ( Latinx) , so count us in too! And don’t forget the 99% who love Latin food. :yum:
Oh, it can also be an assignment using Google apps that can translate from one language to Spanish,
so include 100% of post crossers!
Cheers,
~Maria

1 Like

Im Actualy learning Spanish as we speak :joy:

3 Likes

Yowza! Thanks for sharing.

I hope the teachers work within the system. In USA, there are regulations. I’d make sure, unfortunately (for the paperwork) to run it by the administrators and parents with consent forms. Keep us posted.

As a teacher myself at a local community collage, I wanted my students to read books to children at our Child Development Center. The paperwork was mind boggling! , It wouldn’t have been a surprise if they also wanted my first born! :wink:
( He’s 33 now!)
~M

1 Like

Good idea! But sadly I guess I should start first in Spanish. Maybe after the parents see the results they will allow another try but now in English (they take that subject too). If is going to be a postcard project they’ll have to buy the card, take it to the school and after we write something there take their children to the postal office to leave the card and pay the fee. Here in Mexico you must know that money is always a problem so I don’t know how is going to be the response of the parents. But I agree with you in all that you said.

3 Likes

Que bueno. Cuando quieras te doy unas clases por correspondencia :wink:

2 Likes

Why not reach out to the community asking for donated unused postcards. You can also buy blank cards in bulk, let kids draw something?
We don’t want parents responsible for the cost of stamps even though the kids will beg them to send it. Kids have big hearts​:heartpulse: Maybe Another collection from the community. :moneybag: or GoFund Me.:thinking:

So many people ask for money on GoFundMe. I saw one from a kid wanting money for vacation! He got $5.00 :joy: Well his vacation must’ve been a soda and a bag of chips in his STAY-cation.

2 Likes

I don’t really want to ask A LOT of the postcrossing community because I guess I don’t have enough experience here. As you can see on my profile none of my postcards have reached their final destination yet and I don’t want other users to feel souspicious about my activities here, you know? I mean, I don’t want them to think that I’m cheating or something :sweat_smile:

The GoFundMe seems like a better idea. I can try that :smile:

3 Likes

Dios mio, We aren’t the World Bank! :moneybag::moneybag:Let them decide if they want to participate.
Don’t worry about the receiving end… it is common to wait a loooong time. No need for street creds! :sunglasses:
It’s a post card not a fat check! :unamused:

I bet you could find some businesses or community groups that might cover the cost of the postcards & stamps for you Miguel.

2 Likes

English is required in this section please.

Wow, I was not familiar with any of these organizations and will gladly sponsor them. Thank you very much for providing this information.

4 Likes

Thank you for the links. I tried them all.

2 Likes