Shall I message the receiver?

It’s amazing that you’ve been able to send 30 official cards since March. I joined the same time and have only been able to send 18.

I have two cards that expired from my first 5.

1 Like

I always send a friendly message saying it’s on its way and enjoy. If it’s a holiday or coming up on one I mention that as well that it could be slower. I also had someone message me telling me they bought a special post card for me and it hadn’t arrived yet due to it not being shipped to her even though they said it had been sent via site. It’s always nice to send a note! Remember be kind and patient.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the responses and sharing your thoughts.

It doesn’t matter much to me if the card has already arrived but not yet registered. I have enough slots and can regularly send new postcards (in fact, I just wrote another new postcard). And that occasionally postcards don’t arrive at its destination is part of Postcrossing.

However, I would feel bad for the recipient if they have not received a postcard after all this time and now think that Postcrossing is not working. I think as soon as the card expires I will send a message to them and ask if the card has already arrived and if not I will be happy to send them another postcard.

3 Likes

After I mailed the card, my part was done. Most registered my cards; some did not (for whatever reason). My opinion…

3 Likes

Why people don’t respond to messages sent in relation to expired cards and also for the second Card sent. I sent twelve cards and messages only three responded. Friends please respond

3 Likes

Please read this thread:

3 Likes

I sent a message to a post crosser. The friend just replied the card is not received and could not register. But for that reason I request them and it is not got in line

Welcome to the forum @masalaptk

But what answer do you expect?
If the card hasn’t arrived, then you just have to wait - maybe it will arrive later or never.

5 Likes

Ok I do that and waiting

2 Likes

I don’t think it schould be something where people feel forced to do it (even by a school). It has to come from a person itself.

Usually, when a card reaches 100 days, I send another one.
I even have a stack of self-created cards for the second tries.

3 Likes

Here’s what I did: I mailed the card. When they registered the card, super. When they didn’t, not great. But I moved on; no messages; no second card. I did my part.

3 Likes

I do so, too. But with no free slot the situation feels different.

1 Like

I agree. I have a card going 1 state over and it’s been about 50 days. I’ve sent two messages and no response. Very frustrating

1 Like

I like the idea of sending a 2nd postcard after 60 days if the first does not arrive. I have only 12 slots to send postcards, and right now have 7 travelling. I am holding onto the last 5 slots to send on Sunday, World Postcard Day. I was hoping to have 10 slots available, but 5 of 7 outstanding postcards are going to China, Hong Kong, and Korea. The oldest to China is 47 days old now. Of course, paying about $1 for a postcard and $1.50 to mail it could start adding up Once I earn more spots, I might now worry as much about those that do not arrive. Does putting an AIR MAIL sticker on a postcard help?

2 Likes

Have they been regustering other cards in the meantime?

Yes

I’d assume it was lost. When it officially expires I’d send another (saying that in the message), and let the matter go after dropping the card in the mail.

Maybe your card got lost.

I’ve decided that I will no longer mail a second postcard after it has expired. I also will not contact them after the postcard has expired.

3 Likes