Sets, Boxes, Packs: Question

If I had that box, I’d be tempted to keep many of them for myself, as I love Pendleton’s designs, and can’t talk myself into splurging for one of their products.

One thing I’d use them for (if I wasn’t tempted to keep them) would be for someone who has “art/artwork” in their wishlist. They aren’t “art” in the sense of a painting, but are definitely art.

If you’d like to trade for one, let me know. I have a lot of choices of things to send.

I haven’t checked out your profile, so don’t, at this point, know what your likes/dislikes are.

Well, there will be people outside loving exactly those. You don’t want to pay to get rid off? Offer them for the postage fee, donate them (at your home town), offer them for pick up… Whatever I don’t want or need any longer I will offer for pick up in my neighbourhood. When the weather is fine, I’ll just put a box with a label “for free” in front of my house and mostly everything will be gone in the evening.

1 Like

I’ve now sorted out 24 cards I don’t want any more. All brand new, clean, unused. They are in a range of subjects: animals, flowers, landscapes, botanicals, strange cartoons, palm beaches, snow scenes. I’ve ordered a new box of 100 something else, so I predict there’ll be at least six more going into that ‘collection’.

Would it be an idea to ‘advertise’ this lot somewhere else on this forum, to see if anyone wants them sight unseen? I’d send the whole lot to one person to minimise packing and posting and trip/s to post office. I wouldn’t want to trade or swap, just give them away.

2 Likes

You could open a topic in the #trades-requests-offers:postcards category or open a lottery in the #games-activities:lotteries category – I think you will find that there are a lot of people who would love to receive your unloved cards :wink:

2 Likes

Okeedoke, I’ve done that. Many thanks for the link. :wave:

That’s a general (and sad) misconception we’ve been told for a really long time. In reality, large percentage of recyclables is not recycled at all - either due to contamination, or, currently more often, due to the fact recycling is not profitable enough to be carried out for all materials, especially after China stopped importing our trash.

While this misconception is more harmful when plastic comes into play - we have microplastic but not really micropaper, it also matters with others materials. After all, production of paper for postcards require not only paper itself (meaning: celulose from organic matter, sometimes recycled paper, large amounts of bleach to make it white and pretty and other chemicals to make it durable), but printing (inks, acids, metal for the printing process + sometimes thermoplastics for finish) and transport as well (carbon footprint, pollution), and that is all not mentioning packaging involved in either buying stationary or online.

I like the idea of collecting unwanted cards into one box and donating them though! I wish some people in my town were doing that 'cause I frequent all charity shops in proximity whenever I can :sweat_smile: Good luck with the forum offer too, I see many people has jumped on that already. I’m sure you’ll make many of them happy :smiley:

5 Likes