September 28, 2024 Meetup - Northeast Ohio - Early WPD Celebration

Bookmark this post for updates and more information!

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Northeast Ohio
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
3512 Darrow Road
Stow, Ohio 44224

:calendar: DATE: Saturday, September 28, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00 to 4:00 pm EDT
:mailbox: HOSTED BY: Carol and Christina (@carolreader and @GoldieBug)

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Come join us to meetup with old and new Postcrossing friends, to sign and swap postcards, and to have a good time celebrating World Postcard Day.

We will be meeting in the Stow-Munroe Falls Room of the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library. There is ample parking, and the building is ADA compliant (elevator available). The library has public Wi-Fi so you can connect to Postcrossing to get addresses. If you need to print, the cost is $.15 per page, no special paper allowed. Prints are cash only. The meeting room allows both food and drinks, but please keep it simple (non-messy).

How to RSVP:
RSVP is requested, but not required. We’d like to get a general headcount for this event. Please comment below if you plan on coming. Also note:
• You cannot circulate more than 30 cards for signatures at this event.
• You do not need to purchase meetup cards to participate. You can bring your own if you like.

What to bring:
Bring stamps, stickers, your best pens, and postcards to send. Some Postcrossers have a custom rubber stamp made with their username to use for signing meetup cards. Just make sure the stamp is not larger than 1 inch. Here’s a great post about signature stamps.

Meetup card:
A special 4X6 meetup card is being printed. The cost will be determined by how many total cards are ordered. Currently, the price is estimated to be $.25 each. We will place the order on September 9th and will have the final price then.

If you are attending and interested in ordering the cards, please comment below with your RSVP how many you would like and order in multiples of 5. Please also indicate in the comment if you can pay via PayPal or if you intend to pay in cash at the meetup (bring exact change). For card orders, please tag @goldiebug in your reply. She will PM individuals with PayPal information.

Envelope Exchange (optional)
Bring an envelope with at least 10 different cards in it. We’ll have a lotto to distribute envelopes among those who entered.

Trash and Treasure Table
Bring any cards, washi tape, stickers, pens, or other postcard writing supplies you no longer want or need. We’ll have a table set up where you can leave your unwanted cards and supplies and look for some new items for yourself.

20 Likes

Not sure yet if I can make it, but I will add it to my calendar!

2 Likes

Just saw this! I’m keeping my eye on it! :smile:

2 Likes

I may or may not be able to make it. I will know for sure whether or not I will be able to make it once the time is closer to the date.

1 Like

I would love to join this.

Timing is everything… I’m so disappointed that I’ll miss this. I’ll be enroute home from New England on the 28th.

Really hoping I can make it! I’ve bever made it to a meet-up! Anything I can do to help from Ashtabula?

1 Like

I will pencil this in on our calendar…please update this post with any new details!

2 Likes

This event is in my area so I have put it on my calendar to attend. I am fairly new to postcrossing so this is all new to me.

2 Likes

Saving this info. Might travel from Pittsburgh to join you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hope I can make it!

2 Likes

Plotting out a road trip to attend.
Looking forward to further details and updates.

2 Likes

Some of you may already know about this, but I wanted to share in case anyone is interested!

I am preparing for the Meet-Up and wanted to find some World Postcard Day cards. Only a few online shops had them and they were a little expensive. Follow the link below for the FREE Official 2024 World Postcard Day design. Simply download to print at home or send to your favorite online or local print shop. Celebrate the World Postcard Day.

3 Likes

We’re working on the card design…then we’ll add more details to the post. But the time, place, etc, are all good. We hope to finish the card very soon.

3 Likes

There is a large group order going for the official cards! I believe there are still cards available.

1 Like

I’m interested.ive never participated in a meet up but this isn’t too far for me.

1 Like

Yes I still have a ton remaining!

The post has been updated with the card design and other information

@AccentOnHakes
@TandemStoker
@SOconnor10
@thePostcardPerfect
@keohusa
@waf102
@mellobox5
@sarabb
@photollg
@MoJOsmiles
@blue_fox
@Magick17

4 Likes

I would like to order 30 cards please! Send me the PayPal info.

1 Like

@AccentOnHakes

Go to the first post in this thread in the forum for information on how to order and pay.

@sonataca can answer questions.

Here’s the link to the thread with the order:

(OPEN FOR 2024) World Postcard Day Group Order - Language & Geographical Communities / North America - Postcrossing Community