September 14, 2024 - Meet Up in Mercer, WI

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Mercer, Wisconsin, USA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Island View Lodge 720W Fisher Lake Rd Mercer, WI 54547
:calendar: DATE: Saturday September 14, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00PM CST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Island View Lodge is an old school Up North resort about 9 miles outside of Mercer, Wisconsin. It was built in 1927 and offers cabin and boat rentals and a lodge with a full bar and restaurant. But…who cares. The owner, Erin, is an avid Post Crosser! Since she can never leave because she is always working, she is trying to bring the fun to her!
Would love to meet some fellow Post Crossers. Who knows if there are more of us lurking up here in the Northwoods! Let’s meet up to chat, send some cards out and have some fun. Willing to do just about anything if there is interest - provide a luncheon, do a Post Crossing Pontoon tour of the lake, swap cards, morph into a craft supply exchange (think washi tape and stickers), requests welcome. If anyone knows how to do anything cool like make their own envelopes, we’d love to have you do a demo.
If you would like to make a weekend of it, we have many cabins available and September is the best time of year to come. The mosquitoes are gone and the weather is usually perfect.

715-476-2347 with any questions. Ask for Erin.

Happy Post Crossing!

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

3 Likes

Ah, this sounds so fun! I wish I could come but I have a work thing that day. Boo work.

Hopefully another time! :blush::wink:

1 Like

Offer stands any time! I would love to host a meet up. Looks like this one is a bust. Hard to get people to come this far north unless they’re fishing. But seriously, any time! Even if it’s just the two of us doing - we could have a blast! I am full of great ideas (just ask me LOL) but no one up here will do anything out of the norm.
Erin

1 Like

I am intrigued! I hope you schedule another one sometime. The Rochester Meetup is the same day, and I’ve really been wanting to go to one of those, so if I can get away I planned to go to that one. I looked at your cabin website a couple weeks ago, and I couldn’t figure out how to reserve, there was a minimum night stay etc. But it would be super fun to come up there for a weekend sometime. I’m surprised more people up north or in the UP wouldn’t jump on the opportunity, because you would think meetups are pretty rare up there.

2 Likes

this would be fun!! I’m up in Ashland, would love to plan something eventually! I’m trying to get a few of my friends into it too!

1 Like

I have never tried to host a meet up or even used the forum before but I’d love to keep in touch with you guys somehow. We can do this any time, especially in September. The resort is closed for the season starting in October but we do re-open for snowmobile season. Then we close again until Memorial Dayish. Summer is busy and fun but September is the best. Very chill and flexible and I have way more opportunity to do events.

As far as the website goes…I’m also the one who makes the website and I am NOT a computer person. It won’t let you book less than a week only because I don’t know how to change that. Just call or email or send me a message and we can do whatever! We’re easy here, just technologically challenged. :slight_smile:

Anyway, hope to meet you guys one day! If not here, anywhere. I’ve never seen a meet up anywhere remotely nearby. I’ll keep an eye out!

2 Likes

That would be so fun, I think we could find a day that works, I’d love to spend an afternoon checking out the resort! Maybe we should make an up north postcrossing facebook group and then we can host events through the page once it gets a few members!!??

2 Likes

Please keep me in mind! I’m not on facebook, so please be sure to post any meetups here on the Postcrossing forum as well!

Just wanted to chime in here an say I’d also be interested in meeting up! I think some weekend next summer (I know, such a long time from now :frowning: ) will work best, but I’d love to save something on my calendar when we get closer! I’m in Madison so it would be an awesome trip up north to meet with other Postcrossers :slight_smile:
Also, I’d love to join the Facebook group!

2 Likes