Sending the same image to multiple people

@SiLV That’s a useful tip actually! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

I usually buy 2-3 postcards with the same image because there aren’t many different ones available so if I tried to send a different postcard to every person I wouldnt be able to send a lot of postcards.
I dont think anyone would have a problem with that :thinking:

2 Likes

I think no!
Here I have a little choice of postcards, and I love to send something related to the place I live … so it’s impossibile having different postcards for many people

1 Like

I also don’t mind getting a postcard that others before me got too - some cards are so great they deserve to be sent often. :wink:

But I admit there’s one exception: If a profile is very demanding, in an unfriendly way (“I just like these kind of cards… I won’t be happy at all if you send me that kind of cards…”), I’ll have a look at the member’s sent cards. If a person with such specific demands sends the same card to literally everybody, I don’t appreciate it at all. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
(Luckily, so far I just got three addresses from profiles like that…)

7 Likes

There are some who send the same card to everyone. I think that is what some people object to. Sometimes these are Postcrossers who have sent and received a lot of cards, so it seems like they are making little effort while they enjoy receiving a variety of cards from others. Of course, it’s possible that they don’t have other cards available to them, or they just don’t enjoy the act of acquiring a wide variety of cards. And I guess that even if their sent cards are all the same, those cards are likely unique to the people who receive them so does it really matter.

3 Likes

Glad to hear that this is generally accepted!
I will try to always send a new postcard, but sometimes I just want to make a unique experience for myself and for the receiver.

1 Like

I think there are a lot of people who click on favourite on a card. If nobody, aka you in this case, would send the same image ever again, they wouldn’t be able to get the postcards they loved that somebody else received. I think that’s also reason enough to be okay to send multiple of the same images to several recipients.

And as Ralf wrote, your message is what makes it unique.

I live in a place where there aren’t many different kinds of viewcards either, doesn’t stop me from sending the same nice one to multiple people. The majority of the members will be happy with a card no matter what. At least that is my believe.

3 Likes

Of couse not .They are not the same person.

3 Likes

It never crossed my mind that every postcard should be different. There isn’t a huge choice where I live anyway

3 Likes

In addition, if everyone shops online, it is more likely to get the same cards from different people.
So for me I rather send out postcards with the same image, but for example designed by a local artist, that maybe isn’t available online.

9 Likes

To me is the cards and the messages, but I’d like to get a card from the place where the sender is actually at. Not just a card he/she found on the internet, if we’re talking about viewcards. If you live in the USA for instance, is like you to send something from your state/city, not something from Japan. And vice versa.

1 Like

The only criteria are to send a postcard and lick a stamp. Everything else is superfluous.

1 Like

I’m going to close this conversation here, because I can’t see what else is there to discuss on this topic… and it’s not very nice that it’s relatively easy to tell which member people are referring to recently. I’m going to remove those posts from this topic now.

I believe @kanosis wrapped it up best — you just have to send a postcard.

4 Likes