San Mateo, CA: Postcrossing's Birthday 2024 on July 14 (SUNDAY)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: San Mateo, CA
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Hillsdale Shopping Center (Food Court)
:calendar: DATE: Jul. 14th, 2024 (Sunday)
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Postcrossingā€™s 19th birthday. It needs to be celebrated by our local thriving Postcrossing community!

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

What are we going to do?
-Signing meetup cards (maximum of 30 postcards to pass around per attendee)
-Get to know each other more (this is very important because this will link to a future meetup)
-Food fight! (Iā€™m kidding)

What should you bring?
-To save time and energy, strongly suggest a rubber stamp with your name. Or you can also print half inch or smaller stickers with your name. Up to you. Rubber stamps do smear, especially if itā€™s not quick drying ink. Or just bring a good pen or marker! :writing_hand:
-Postcards you want to get rid of. Yeah, all those annoying ones! :stuck_out_tongue:
-Bring a quirky hat or any sort of headgear :cowboy_hat_face:
-Your wallet with license if youā€™re driving and if you want to buy something :sweat_smile:
-Your drunken happy self! :star_struck:

Postcard design: If you would like to design a postcard, please let me know! Some things that Iā€™d like for the designs to have are:
-Balloons
-Celebratory theme
-Cake
-Mailbox
-SF Bay Area/California

I would like to pop in the order for postcards by Jun 25th so that is also the deadline to send in your designs. And pleaseeeeeeeeee remember to adhere to the logo guidelines if you wish to use the logo.

4 Likes

Sounds like this will be a fun meetingā€¦ with the potential to end up in the news :laughing:!

1 Like

And this shopping mall is such a posh oneā€¦:eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Sonali, and I am from San Diego. This will be my first meetup in the Bay Area (and my first non-SD meetup). Does this work as an RSVP? How do I put in an order for the meetup postcards? Thank you.

2 Likes

Yayyyyyyyyy! Canā€™t wait to meet you! RSVP is recommended so I can keep count. :stuck_out_tongue: And I will take postcard orders once a design is finalized :smiley:

Thank you for the welcome. How do you organize your meetup? Do you play games with prizes? If so, Iā€™d love to contribute. I think I RSVPā€™d by checking ā€œGoing.ā€. Would you please verify? Thank you!

1 Like

I donā€™t know if I can make it yet, but Iā€™m going to keep my eye on this thread!

1 Like

Yesss, I have you down. :smiley: I usually do a little raffle towards the end but this time I want to try and experiment. Thank you so much for offering to contribute! Iā€™ll update the post once I have formulated an activity :heart_eyes:

Hopefully you can make it! I didnā€™t get a chance to talk to you during the Stamp Show :frowning:

Hello! Iā€™m Abran from the LA area. That weekend I will be in San Jose to attend Obon the day before the meetup so I wonā€™t have to go far on Sunday. Would be an honour to meet you Bay Area Postcrossers! See you then!

2 Likes

Adding to my calendar :spiral_calendar:

3 Likes