(RSVP IS CLOSED!) 1 October 2022 - Pasadena World Postcard Day 2022 Meetup

@3cats2dogs2crazykids Thank you so much, I am happy with how the whole design turned out. Unfortunately the cards are only limited to members attending in person. However, I am sure you can find them up for swap closer to the meetup date on IG and here as well :raised_hands:

1 Like

:flushed:, yikes! I guess Huntington Gardens is out of our price range. I see that a picnic seems to be more flexible. People can have family members attend too.

3 Likes

Would like to reserve 20 cards :blush:

2 Likes

I was debating dragging my husband along if we get a more public area :rofl: We’ll see when we get closer.

1 Like

I’ll drag along my husband, too. It’ll be a dry run for him …he retires in November. Pasadena has Children’s Museum. It’s been awhile since I’ve gone though.

OMG! Editing this. Not saying to send our husbands to a children’s museum! It’s for people with children.:wink:

2 Likes

This may be a little useful tip for those flying in…
LAX has a “Blue Bus” that runs 24 hours a day from the airport to our lovely fantastic downtownTrain Station. It runs like every 20 minutes. When I used to pick up my kids at the airport, they would take the Blue Bus to the train station, it was a quick drive to my mother’s house. All metros to various cities are connected from there.

When going to concerts at the Hollywood Bowl, I took metro. We just detested the traffic and ridiculous parking prices at the Hollywood Bowl.
We enjoyed the scenic route to downtown, from Monrovia then transfer to the RED line to Hollywood Bowl. Too bad there is no metro from the high desert to Los Angeles.

Sometimes we just parked at the train station and took the metro to Hollywood. Back then it was a flat $5.00 parking rate. You may have to check on that now. This was all pre-pandemic.

3 Likes

So excited! This will be my first meetup! Please put me down for 30 postcards.

I personally like the idea of holding it outdoors. The South Pas Gazebo sounds like a great idea.

Alternatively, the park around the Rose Bowl is ample (Brookside Park), is about $56 an hour if a Pasadena resident reserves a spot at the picnic shelter there (reservations open 30 days before the planned event date).

3 Likes

I was looking into all the parks Pasadena has to offer by checking their posted map videos (I am impressed how well organized the info was!) BROOKSIDE Park was one of them I liked too, will pick a handful and compare the best cost and environmental it offers. I will proceed with the park idea then as I sense many of you have liked the idea of holding it ouside close to nature :wink: I liked it for the fact it doesnt have plethora of restrictions and space limit.

1 Like

@geetikasinha7 I love the idea of having it outdoors in a park. Weather is generally lovely that time of year.

Oh, yes, this is my RSVP to attending, and I would like 40 postcards please! Thank you so much for organizing. I have been waiting years for a postcrossing meetup!

2 Likes

@roxsm I did!!!

I am wondering if the number of cards we are adding are the amount of cards someone is taking to trade??? So I will take 30+ . Is that right?

@kanosis I am ordering the number of cards that I plan on sending out. My thought is that trading cards should be cards that you are bringing with you.

1 Like

@kanosis @hulamunki and everyone else who is gonna be attending this meetup. Let me clarify things for everyone.

1. The meetup Cards are only available to ones attending the event in person. The cards wont be sold to anyone who isn’t attending in person.
  2. When I ask how many cards you need? Then it is the total no of cards you require be it for exchanging with people already present at the meetup or for swaps you wanna partake in on any other social media platform.
    Basically, the internal breakup of cards (be it for yourself, or for exchanging at event or for swaps)for various reasons is up to you! Every one just needs to tell me one Number for the cards you need.
  3. Nobody usually exchanges the official meetup card with everyone present at the meetup since we already have the same card. All we usually do is collect signatures on the backside of the card from all the attendees present so we can swap later with people not attending the meetup via Instagram, Facebook or even postcrossing.
  4. For swaps within the attendees present, you bring in your own personal collection of postcards, maxicards etc.
    Let me know if you guys have any more doubts about it.
    I will also post a few examples of how signed meetup cards look like. It is recommended but not necessary to bring along a petite stamp not more than 0.75"-1" in size to stamp the signatures on the card quickly without tiring your hands or if you wish to manually sign a short signature on each card by hand is also totally upto you.
    I will be limiting the no of signed cards to 10-15 for each member so that it doesnt become a tiring process for everyone and we have ample time to engage in other things apart from postcard signing.

5 Likes

I plan to attend. I would like 10 cards.

Thanks for organizing!
Kristi

1 Like

Whatever you come up with sounds great! There used to be a monthly meet-up at Montclair Place (in the food court), but it disbanded with the pandemic :frowning: . Maybe some from that group will make it.

1 Like

Hello. I clicked “going” and it will be my first official meet up outside of the GASS meetup one august in sacramento. I would love 30 cards please ! I will have carmel and Big Sur and nepenthe post cards to swap

Geet. After you decide meeting place I will be spending the night on September 30. I may ask for a close and safe hotel rec. thanks
-Mary carol @ Unbijou

1 Like

Hello from Germany :relaxed:

would anybody of the participants like to swap with me a signed meetup card from your comming meetup? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Please send me a PM if like to swap with me, thank you :four_leaf_clover:

In return, I can offer you :eyes:

HzB’s swap offer __ signed meetup cards

or if you are not a meetup card collector :eyes:

HzB’s swap offer __ normal postcards __ sorted by topic

HzB’s swap offer __ Harenberg Calendar Postcards __ sorted by topic

Enjoy your comming meetup and have fun :fountain_pen: :postcard:

Happy Postcrossing :partying_face:

1 Like

NEW UPDATE ABOUT OUR MEETUP, VENUE CHANGE AND TIME HAS BEEN MOVED FROM 11AM TO 10AM
Due to space occupancy limit in our last decided meetup place, I have moved our meetup place from indoors to outdoors now. Since, Many of you seemed interested in sitting outside where we get lots of sunshine and stayed closer to nature <3 I have booked a fun gazebo picnic area (GAZEBO “A”) for all in South Pasadena! For the payment, you guys can pay me a week before the event using paypal/venmo for the cards you want to reserve plus the venue cost to save the hassle of carrying exact cash or change to the venue. Let me know if you guys have any other idea :slight_smile:
☆☆☆VENUE DETAILS ☆☆☆
• When you get to the park, look for a reserved PICNIC Area(Gazebo A) for our meetup.

ALSO FEEL FREE TO POST THE POSTCARD PIC I HAVE CREATED ABOVE FOR OUR EVENT TO ASK FOR SWAPS IN ADVANCE WITH OTHER SWAPPERS ON DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM

6 Likes

That looks lovely! Thanks for putting this all together! :grin:

1 Like

Ofcourse! This is so much better since its outside and we donot have restrictions on bringing outside food too :)) I am so pumped up!

1 Like