[RR] US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine! (Updated)

@maleko sends such a cute postcard Memories of Hawaii. Such a cute picture. Someday I’d love to see Hawaii! Its so neat you have bananas and guavas in your garden! Our area has a lot of blueberry plants, They grow very well in our soil, but bananas are more fun! Thank you!

@hootnoodle sends a great card from her trip to Italy! Beautiful! My mother went to Italy a few years ago and she had a wonderful time. Someday I hope to see it. Love the Popeye stamp. Thank you!

@SharonMI sends a artistic bird card. A heron I think. Such pretty birds. About 20 years ago they were very rare to see. Now I see them all the time, the population here has really increased and they are big beautiful birds. Hope you enjoyed your 2 days off!

@TwoDoggies sends a lovely red card of a flower with really cool stickers. I love flowers. I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation and that you enjoyed your 4th.

@TandemStoker sends a Lantern Press card of Petroglyph National Monument! This place looks amazing. I would love to have a house nearby to look out onto this place. The rock images would be neat to see in person. Another for my list! Thanks!

@Shesa-Renegade sends a Devils Tower Stamp card from her trip with a special postmark! Such a neat card to get. That is funny you knew more than the trip guide and sort of became the trip guide! I have never been here either but would love to visit and see for myself! Thank you!

30/38 cards received

4 Likes

For 1500:

@sleepyhippo1 sends a See America WPA reprint from inside a cavern. I love purple too! I think people from my town must all go to yours. No one’s here. Thank you!
@hootnoodle sends a great Iowa barn. This one would make a cool house too. Your trip sounds wonderful. I need to plan a real vacation soon. Thank you!
@JudyFL sends a neat illustration from Soul. Loved that movie! I admire that you were already a railrider at 10. I tend to make myself comfy further back. :wink: Thank you!

GROUP 1500

@Shesa-Renegade - Grand Teton National Park, with mountains and bison. It is a gorgeous place.
Glad you got to visit some national parks this year. Thank you.

The last of my cards for this group are going out tomorrow.

1 Like

Please add me to the next group! Also, could you put me on the auto-add list for milestone groups? Thanks!

1 Like

thank you to all cards from group 1500:

@TwoDoggies Two Women and a Child, I wish I could see the child’s face as the woman was beautiful, have they come out with the XXXX wife yet? background noise is something I need when I sleep
@hootnoodle I’ve seen this portrait before but never knew it was done by Judith Sparks! I’m glad the wedding went well, ya never know!
@sleepyhippo1 a portrait by M. Cassatt, chipped tooth? there is a story there that I need to know more of as you are my neighbor (sorta)
@scoutingbear desert in bloom, an amazing view and Happy Birthday to the kiddos, subconsciously start singing “I will survive” as I know you will
@Shesa-Renegade Annie Oakley was just 18 years old when she passed! but, I love this photo… talk about bad a**
@maleko when I look at her, I feel strength and I feel “Per Severeness”

2 Likes

Happy Wednesday, everyone :camel:

Group 1500 - I received a cutie pie who lives in the Badlands National Park from @Shesa-Renegade! It’s great to read that the black-footed ferret was successfully re-introduced in SD. I know they’re working on the same goal in Colorado! Bet the prairie dogs weren’t thrilled, though! Thanks René!

Updated - thank you, friends! FlowerSmiley.jpg

1 Like

Group 1491 I have received all!
@Monkeyflower thanks for the great Mark Twain quote. I do love cozying up with some tea and writing cards!

More from 1500!

@hootnoodle sends a women who dared card. Sounds like a lovely day! Sometimes the best things are in our own backyard!

@sleepyhippo1 sends a canoe on the water. Makes me long of my high school days when I had the opportunity (twice) to canoe in the boundary waters!

@JudyFL Your road trip sounds amazing! I love road trips and in two weeks we are going on a short one. Moana is good; the music is even better!

Group #1500

@Shesa-Renegade Thank you for the fantastic T-rex postcard from Wall Drug. I’ve seen the signs for Wall Drug before (while traveling in the area) but never stopped. I had no idea what it was, but it sounds a lot more interesting than I originally thought.

@scoutingbear Thanks for the Monsters Inc. card. Isn’t it fun when kids start writing postcards too?

@gabi_m Wow, thanks for the 2 cards you sent my kids :slight_smile: Nora loved her Disney princess card. She says her favorite princess is Ariel. Rowan enjoyed his alligator card too. He has seen alligators in the zoo before.

@sleepyhippo1 Wow, three postcards! Thank you for your generosity. Rowan loved his tractor. He says he especially likes the wheels. We own a 1939 Ford 9-N tractor. Nora enjoyed her dinosaur postcard too. She wanted to tell you about our ferrets. They are named Toby, Lucy, and Draco. And I love the Omaha zoo card with the cheetahs. They are such pretty cats! I’m impressed that you make it to the zoo so often even though you live 4-5 hours from it. We live about an hour from our local zoo and only go once or twice a year.

2 Likes

Group 1503 sent

Shesa-Renegade checking in with some fun cards received for Group 1500

@Mallowpuff sends a fun artist card of Disney’s Ariel holding the dinglehopper (fork). I didn’t know that about Livermore! I lived in California for almost 25 years and never even heard of Livermore - I had to look it up. Great whale sticker, too!

@BarbL sends a card from Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. Oh no on your coffee spoon! I hope you find one soon. Have you checked eBay? I am a creature of habit, too.

@Cruzin sends a shaped card of a California surfer! I’m so happy that the person was rescued and that there was a first responder on the scene. I have only rarely encountered sharks in my snorkeling adventures. They scare the heck out of me.

@lyndylou5 sends an AMAZING handmade card. The front is a flower seed packet for Zinnias that has been embroidered on and beads added. The back is also fabric with a postcard stamp and she even wrote on the fabric. Okay, seriously, this is an awesome card! I hope that you have your back patio all set up now. I really want to add on to my back patio, too. The 100* days are too much to bear without shade.

2 Likes

@MichelleW I’d like to join Group #1506 please. :cherry_blossom:

I’m slowly working my way through sending the Group 1500 cards… life’s gotten very busy recently (all in good ways), so I’m much slower than usual. However, y’all have given me so many smiles in inbox!

Group 1500
@Mallowpuff – what a beautiful illustrated scene & beautiful decorations. Thank you!
@clouisesz a great art deco lady. Life is busy, I agree!
@Ukucaitie a great smiling postcard, along with such fun stamps!
@anon57710398 a lovely Nashville Parthenon ceiling–I’ve seen the outside in Nashville, but never been in the inside!
@MichelleW lovely glittery looking Flag–perfect timing!
@Yarn-Lady hehehe a great Noah’s arc card. It is really funny. We’re in quite a drought here in Indianapolis–my grass is brown!
@SincerelySel hows the new puppy?! lovely quote
@anon68172931 cute donkey with a great Simon Biles quote–and I seriously thought Simon Biles had written the card to me like 5 times when I read it until I saw your name. :rofl:
@gabi_m a Beautiful Georgia O’Keefe card. I’ve received many of the women in science cards over the years, but I think this is my first women in Art, and boy is it beautiful! I recently got to see a Georgia O’Keefe large painting in person, and the museum curator showed us how to appreciate the depth of her painting. It was really breath-taking.
@hootnoodle a great Loretta Lynch postcard and quote. How long were y’all in Italy. I’m so glad you were able to finally go to Italy after planning for a long time! 2 weeks in Sicily sounds fantastic! Glad y’all had a great time.

I’m off to write a few more cards now before updating further for now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Group #1500

@sleepyhippo1 sent a beautiful Ringnecked Pheasant. I don’t think I have ever seen a pheasant, but loads of deer and wild turkeys.
@hootnoodle sent Claude Monet’s The Promenaders. That sounds like a wonderful trip! I haven’t crossed the SC state line since the summer of 2019!
@TwoDoggies sent a great Winnie the Pooh card. I don’t know how you can listen to a book and write postcards! I can’t have any distractions or they don’t get written!
@Shesa-Renegade sent a beautiful Northern Saw-whet Owl from the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center. That sounds like a nice place to visit while you wait!
@scoutingbear sent a Crane from the Animal Box. I’ve been tempted to give my kids popcorn on more than one occasion - even as adults! LOL
@treeclimber sent colorful, smiley faces. I have absolutely no artistic ability, but I’d like to go to one of those wine and painting nights - just for the wine!

Thanks everyone, for the great cards and fun stickers!!

1 Like

Group 1500 - Thank you, @scoutingbear, for “The Art of Protest” Stonewall card. I love it!

Group 1500
Two more cards have arrived. :slight_smile:

From @Mallowpuff this lovely Wayfarer’s Chapel. I always feel closer to God in nature, so Iove the idea of this chapel surrounded by trees! I would love to visit some day. Thank you for the card!

From @treeclimber these colorful smiley faces. Your scrapbooking road trip sounds like so much fun! I’m constantly adding to the craft supply hoard, now I just need to find ways to use it all.

Today fro group 1500

@scoutingbear sent a wonderful California postcard I had on my favorites wall! Oh, how I miss the coast down there! Even though we lived in SLO we would drive to Santa Barbara quite a bit.

@Appaloosa05 sends a new addition for my National Parks binder, I love the aqua colors! I hope you enjoyed your ice cream…I love cookie dough!

@sleepyhippo1 sends a beautiful postcard of the castle in Walt Disney World. We have only been to the park in Anaheim. With the prices so high, I don’t think we will go back.

@TandemStoker sends a wonderful map of Colorado! My grandpa was born in Colorado Springs. We had a fantastic time in London, so much so I desperately want, need to go back to see all of the things I ran out of time to see!!!

3 Likes

Group 1505 just got picked up by the mailman!

For 1500:

@BarbL sends a cute kitty in a basket. I would love to have chickens again, but our township forbids it. Thank you!

@MichelleW sends a US map with state flowers and a really nice note. Thanks much!

My daughter likes to do swaps through lettucecraft.com. She likes to make decorative hoops using felt and embroidery, other felt art such as magnets, artistic trading cards, and crocheted items.

1 Like