[RR] US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine! (Updated)

Cards are in the mail for 1504! :kissing_cat::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

1504 is in the mail!!!

Big shout-out to wily @Blue_Fox !

giphy-downsized1
smilie_geb_073 smilie_geb_153 smilie_geb_076

2 Likes

Good morning - the mail should be full today! FlowerSmiley.jpg

1 Like

My cards for 1505 are going out today. Thanks!

We have a really great group of friends exchanging cards that are so awesome and fun! Thank you to all of 1500:

@jeffweiss a red dragon, Ben will be 3 in December and KU rules :wink:
@SincerelySel a hummingbird and I love this box set!
@sleepykitty a california poppy & quail, road trips: YAY
@lyndylou5 a little piece of heaven is beautiful! I want to be a tea cup
@Appaloosa05 I love your watercolors! you are really talented my friend
@MichelleW this has to be my favorite US map card, it represents! special thank youā€™s for all you do
@treeclimber one can never have too many smilies
@mallowpuff I can never have too many poodle cards! Jiggles sounds like a gift to your familyā€¦ as most dogs are

Iā€™ll be BACKā€¦

3 Likes

1500 continuedā€¦

@salemhouse among the birch treesā€“so true!
@TandemStoker Arizona mapā€¦ this is a great map!
@ellistrations what a beautiful rose! I love pink roses too
@gabi_m peacocks are beautiful but Iā€™m glad theyā€™re not my neighbor!
@Yarn-Lady what a beautiful card and an awesome card for Ukraine
@ljbbauer canā€™t ya hear my knocking? I love ā€œbrown sugarā€ but both in top 5, Nina Simone was amazing!
@Angeldreamer Mt, Rushmore would be fun!
@MystiqueDeep my grandson will be 3 in December and his fave books are constantly changing
@durangirl we just returned from vacation in the Ozarksā€¦ price here is $4.39 per galā€¦ how can we take road trips with these gas prices??
@BarbL Texas bluebonnets are beautiful! classic rock is the best, even my youngest daughter (age 21) loves CCR
@Ukucaitie Cinderella lives on!
@clouisesz pickleball sounds like fun! I like to play it like 4 square
@JudyFL a beautiful Indian never goes unnoticed, makes me miss the SW
@Cruzin an awesome mosaic dragonfly landed in my mailbox, now itā€™s headed to you

Thatā€™s it for 1500 but Iā€™m sure there will be moreā€¦yay!

7 Likes

Group 1500

The remainder of all my cards for this group are in todayā€™s mail.

@MichelleW , may I join group 1507?

GROUP 1500:

@sleepyhippo1 - Floyd County Courthouse in Charles City, Iowa, a very stately building. You are right; I like this card.

@TwoDoggies - an old card for the Cowlitz Motel in my state, advertising Tiled showers and room controlled electric heat. It certainly doesnā€™t look inviting, but made me smile.

@JudyFL - another beautiful old courthouse, this one in Polk County, Bartow, Florida.

Thank you.

Almost all my cards for this group are now in the mail.

recā€™d 1500
@Cruzin A lovely black and white, two lovers in Paris. Hope itā€™s lots of fun with your FIL for the month of August.
@steresem Great Blue Matisse postcard. I can remember the year we finally broke down and bought and air conditioner. I told my husband if we didnā€™t do something soon I was taking the kids and sleeping in the car. It had been over a 100 for about 3 days and no relief coming. We went out that day and bought one. Not sure why it took us so long. Other than at that time a/c units for windows were still around 500.00.
@Shesa-Renegade Cuties gray wolf postcard. Would love to visit more National Parks. My husband is a vet and we just got our free pass. Been to a few, but hoping to get to more.

2 Likes

groups 1504 and 1505 are headed out

please add me to the next group!

Cards for 1503 are in the mail! I also already have a card to report for that group from @steresem! Thank you so much for the beautiful Alexander McQueen card. Also, my favorite color is green, my favorite food is also Thai, and my favorite animal is also cats! I donā€™t really have a favorite book or author since I havenā€™t really read recreationally in a while (but Iā€™m hoping to change that!)

1 Like

Post-holiday joy in todayā€™s mailā€¦

GROUP 1502 (ALL RECEIVED)

@AccentOnHakes sent the Worldā€™s Largest Truckstop in Walcott, Iowa. Thank you, Karen! Iā€™ve actually driven past it (briefly lived in Sioux City, and made the drive back home to Indiana a time or two) and now I wish Iā€™d stopped to see it :sunglasses:

GROUP 1504

@steresem sent a lovely rearview photo-card from a Redbubble artist. Thank you, Stephanie! Iā€™ve probably been living under a rock, but had not visited the Redbubble site before. Looks like I have another great source for unique postcards :heart:

1 Like

Group 1500:

@Shesa-Renegade, thanks very much for the awesome Yellowstone map card! Iā€™m glad your visit wasnā€™t badly affected by the flooding.

Dear @MichelleW, I love this USA map card composed of vintage postcard images. Thank you! (And the Orson Welles stamp is wonderful!)

2 Likes

@Shesa-Renegade 1 Russellā€™s Waggon 1833, thank you! Interesting card. Haha, I have so many cards from my last trip to Hawaii and not one of them had a volcano, I couldnā€™t believe it. It never dawned on me that a popular item in the state was missing until I tried looking for one after we returned home.

@lyndylou5 - Handmade weave, thank you! I have attempted something like this before and it was a fail. I love it! I have saved shirts from high school to make into a quilt, but it never happenedā€¦ I have no idea where the shirts are now. If I ever find them, Iā€™ll still want it made. Theyā€™re mostly from our marching band shows.

1 Like

Group #1500

@treeclimber Thanks for this cheerful postcard of very colorful smiley faces! Made me smile start smiling before I even had it all the way out of the mailbox.

@TandemStoker Ahh the classic farm couple with a pitchfork. Love it! To answer your question; every dance has a 1/2 hour beginnerā€™s lesson before the dance starts. And regulars are really good about pairing up with newbies to help them along. We always say ā€œThe only thing you have to do is keep smiling.ā€

@BarbL I love this Lego keyboard, how unique! Yeah, Iā€™m a deep sleeper too. Years ago there were all kinds of emergency vehicles arrivinv right in front of my house with lights flashing and sirens on. I never heard a thing, my kids came and woke me up.

1 Like

From Group 1500:

@sleepykitty , Funny Weekly World News card. I checked some photos of Idyllwild. Relaxing, indeed!

@maleko , beautiful Audrey Hepburn (BaT). I hope your family enjoys their trip to Oregon

@TwoDoggies , The Journeys & Adventures shelf of Bibliophile. I didnā€™t have any plans fot the 4th either.

@Shesa-Renegade , striking b/w photo of Devilā€™s Tower. It must have been remarkable up close!

@scoutingbear , Pantone card. I love these. I am having a quiet evening myself.

From Group 1503:
@paulinexong , a pretty blue and white striped card with a crab at the top. Somehow, the motif just screams ā€œCape Codā€ to me!

Thank you all!

3 Likes

Could I please join 1506?