[RR] North American September 2022 Round Robin - The Labouring Over Postcards Edition - Closed!

#1–cawindt–America’s Original Cigar Bar, opened 1905 and still open. Interesting piece of history. I’m glad your school year is off to a good start.

#9–akap25–Charlott’s Web–One of my all time favorite books!

#10–emotis–The Aachen Cathedral, a UNESCO site. What a magnificent cathedral!

#12–Yarn-Lady–Redwood National Park–My husband and I were there quite a few years ago. I want to go back, too. So majestic!

#13–Ladybug513–Eulalie from The Bumper Book–a children’s book I haven’t read. It looks darling.

#14–dnrhott–a delightful looking breakfast!

#18–LaurenceB–What a great family reading place! Can you imagine yourself and your children each enjoying a book in one of those spaces!

#19#19–ellistrations–Classic records and wine–what a delightful way to spend an evening!

#23–sautelier–Montreal in the snow–such a refreshing view–our forecast is for 90+ temperatures next week.

#28–TwoDoggies–Storm in the desert–such a haunting view!

#30–Rocky30–Cape Cod–beautiful card. I’ve not been to Cape Cod–it’s a place I really want to see.

Thank you for the wonderful postcards!

1 Like

#23 reporting. Thank you to the following:

#1 @cawindt for the aquarium card! I’ve only been to an aquarium once and that was in Hong Kong.

#2 @CrimsonKing for the Russian maxi card! Not sure what shark that is either haha

#3 @Cruzin for the PHQ of the Queen. Definitely gave me the extra feels receiving this card during this period of mourning.

#4 @jenhart for t he TS card! Haha the women there are definitely very fashion forward!

#5 @SusanneA for the Virginia card! There aren’t many farms here but definitely was a lot on my way to Montreal on the train last week!

#7 @mere5oh for the Lantern Press card! Wow cowboy boots, nice! I’ve never tried one on before but its neat you owned one before

#8 @Shesa-Renegade for the b/w violin card! Aw you’re so sweet! I think the animals are like us with rain and thunder. Sometimes chill sometimes scared.

#11 @alcott1 for the Union Station card! I love the artwork and a place I definitely want to visit just to see this in person.

#17 @Hazygirl for the postcard fair card! I’ve actually never been to Nova Scotia before so you beat me there. Please come and visit Canada again soon

#18 @LaurenceB for the 2 small cards! Theyre absolutely cute. The scratch n sniff chocolate sticker definitely smells like chocolate! Yum.

#19 @ellistrations for the TS NY card! I too enjoy looking at all the details of cards like these

#22 @uconn for the GF Weird Connecticut card! Oh boy this looks like something I’d like to start collecting more of. Definitely interested in weird and silly things of every location!

#26 @sarahaeyo for the marimekko card! I’m actually not a fan of eating watermelons but I do visually enjoy it. I’m not sure why considering I do have a sweet tooth!

7 Likes

#15 Reporting

#18 @LaurenceB thank you so much for the Christmas stamp! And what an interesting card… the birds have a raised texture. I wonder how they printed this card. I asked my Japanese friend what the text on the right translates to and he said: that’s a difficult phrase… it’s like ignoring or being oblivious about something. Like ignoring someone who is warning or giving an advice to him/her. And I love your fave quote - “honor the time between no longer and not yet.” Thank you!

#26 @sarahaeyo thank you for this bookish card! And that is a very pretty counter! Im glad they saved it! Wow! 15 years of loyalty!!! Thank you for supporting independent bookstores! And such a pretty washi too. Thank you!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip love this photo! My favorite daily ritual is reading to my son. I can’t wait to discuss Gaiman books with him when he gets older!!! I have always wanted to study at an art institute… i will take your card as a sign to explore options. Thank you!

1 Like

26 received: #16, 25, 28, 30

16 @jacieslar - my labour day sounds like yours lol just relaxing and preparing for the new school year! love all the vibrant colours and funky patterns on this card! :peace_symbol:

25 @sleepyhippo1 - papersisters! i love their designs and THE PAPER QUALITY!! i always have a hard stopping once i start adding things to the cart :see_no_evil:

28 @TwoDoggies - fabulous bendel design postcard :shopping: i will let you know if i find any spare change for your ocean city beach house haha i hope you enjoy your visit! super cute stickers as well~

30 @RockyRoadTrip - la albiceleste! always love some old school fifa (before (maybe?) all the corruption, money laundering, bribery, racketeering, etc lmao) :soccer: we have a local mls team but the rev’s current home stadium is such a pain in the butt to get to from the city.

1 Like

All my postcards were mailed out yesterday.

#29 - Wow September has been wild for me so far! I haven’t had time to post an update, and I do have a stack of wonderful postcards to share and thank many of you for! I did send my postcards, except the ones to Canada (ran out of stamps!!) but those will go out today after I go to the post office. I will have to wait until next week to get my thank yous on here, but I just wanted to at least post a quick update in the meantime! :purple_heart:

18 reporting!

1 @cawindt Thank you for the Washington monument card! The photographer even shares me name! I haven’t been to Washington in 10 years. Beautiful stamps!

2 @CrimsonKing Thank you for the new travel poster for my collection! I’m overdue for a new cellphone too! My son broke the screen of my current one :see_no_evil: It still works almost perfectly.

3 @Cruzin Friend!! What about our truce? :rofl: Thank you sooooo much for the awesome envelope filled with goodies, and especially not one but 2 cork postcards! :heart_eyes: These are truly awesome! Can’t wait for October cause I did find something awesome for you hehe!!

5 @SusanneA Thank you so much for the lady reading! I’m kind of the opposite, when I get my postcards I usually read them right at the mailbox the first time :hugs: But then again of course another time when I report them :wink:

9 @akap25 What an AWESOME card!! Loch Ness monster and childrens’ books, two of my favourites :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I had never seen this before and I absolutely love it! Summertime is definitely perfect for those special activities with the little ones :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

To be continued!

2 Likes

#23 reporting:

#13 @ladybug513 thank you for the Lanternpress card! Your day sounded wonderful and peaceful!

#16 @jacieslar thank you for the Loupaper birthday card and wishes! I love autumn so I’m happy that the weather has been getting cooler.

#25 @sleepyhippo1 thank you for the meetup card! Hope you enjoyed the meetup! I never went to one but hopefully one day.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip thank you for the Orlando card! My boss and I have been talking about Florida for the past few days. Definitely lit a fire inside of me!

1 Like

#6 reporting

All of my cards are in the mail today.

I’ve got a stack to report. Sorry, I’ve been slow to report this month but if you’ve sent it, I’ve got it. Will report this weekend.

#3 received

[b]#1[b] @cawindt Great card! Our weather hopefully is cooling down.

#2 @CrimsonKing no idea what this card is from, but lol!! Definitely oddball!

#4 @jenhart awesome card!! I loved that show!

#5 @SusanneA nice pin up!

#10 @emotis a Berner!!! Gawd I miss my Cali! They and the Swiss Mountain dogs are just so sweet!!

#11 @alcott1 very cool card! Hope you had a great time at the show!

#12 @Yarn-Lady owls!! Congrats on the retirement!

#13 @ladybug513 wow - you’ve been busy taking care of your house!! I need to get our windows done…

#14 @dnrhott Great Studio Ghibli card!

#16 @jacieslar Apple butter with apples you picked!! Man I feel like I’m slacking! lol!!

#17 @Hazygirl very different card! Took me a moment to figure out!! I just had my 11 year anniversary on Postcrossing!

#18 @LaurenceB this is a really cool card!! You’ve had a busy 3 years!

#19 @ellistrations I love this card!! It is one of the best Day of the Dead illustrations I’ve seen! No major plans for fall…

#22 @uconn beautiful Maxfield Parrish illustration!! Also very cool Katherine Hepburn stamp!! Hope you enjoyed the fair!

#23 @suatelier LP Montreal!! I would love to do a train ride!

#25 @sleepyhippo1 PaperSisters!! Postcards help me relax too!!

#26 @sarahaeyo New Kids on the Block!

#28 @TwoDoggies I’m knocking wood - this is the third time today some mentioned being called for jury duty! They should let you postpone it!

Thank you all for the great cards and words!

@cawindt all my cards are in the process of being delivered. Sorry for the long update…

7 Likes

#2 reporting

#23 @suatelier sent The Great Wheel at Sunset, thank you Charlotte! Congratulations to your cousin on the engagement! :tada: I hope you had fun while you were there!

1 Like

#19 received

#15 @ad7yn - thank you! When it comes to my art, my parents and friends say it looks great… but I never think so, haha! Have not heard of Laughing Under the Clouds, but it does sound like a nice camaraderie. The best brotherly love anime I’ve seen is The Alchemist, though it does have it’s awful bits. I’d miss my family if we were that far apart as well.

1 Like

@beatriceh #27 reporting

I received a lovely set of birthday cards

Thank you very much @Yarn-Lady (loved the colorful cake slices), @sarahaeyo (pre-master! I’d not heard that before, ha!), @jacieslar (can’t go wrong with LouPaper, such colorful cards), and @RockyRoadTrip (those poor kitties, I also hope that was photoshopped).

I also received two cards featuring structures. Thank you @akap25 for the Winchester house - so spooky, there was a barcode over your book list and all I could see was Kawakami :slightly_frowning_face: and @dnrhott for the shrine - I listened to a podcast about that family, but now I’m going to have to look for the netflix documentary

And last, but definitely not least, I received a lovely baking card from @ladybug513 Thank you for the recipe. I’ll have to try it out!

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

#4 @jenhart has a bunch to report

#1 @cawindt : Philadelphia Arts building at night. We have 180 days here - it feels like 1000. We are 5 weeks in and have had 2 kids arrested for making “terroristic threats” already sigh

#7 @mere5oh : Texas Lantern Press map. :rofl: I choked on my drink when I read your opinion of the cities :rofl:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade : sweet black and white bike card. Sunshine? Postcards? Good food? Perfect day!

#9 @akap25 : Lantern Press of the Winchester Mystery House. Great stamp! I’m not a scary movie person either

#10 @emotis : thank you for Cassiopeia, my fellow nerd :sunglasses:

#11 @alcott1 : Greetings from the Ozarks. I always think I’d like to visit there- but it’s just far enough away that it would take too much work for a weekend getaway!

#12 @Yarn-Lady : beautiful Oregon Coast. I had considered flying out with my husband the next time he has to go to Oregon - but airfare is $1300 :open_mouth:

#13 @ladybug513 : Cape May Lantern Press. I am jealous of your painting. We need to do it sooo badly but with 2 story high walls and etc I can’t stomach the cost!!

#14 @dnrhott : lovely roses. I had white and red roses in my wedding bouquet. I’m so basic :laughing:

#15 @ad7yn : great old map of Harvard. The pizza joint joke :rofl:

#18 @LaurenceB : a perfect illustrated scene by the illustrator Esther Bennink :heart: I hope the little one grows more comfortable with crowds, the sweet little bean :heart:

#23 @suatelier : beautiful Montreal. Taking a long trip Via Rail Canada is on my bucket list!

#28 @TwoDoggies : lovely view of Holland. I love Rehoboth! I always preferred it to Ocean City when we lived in Maryland.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip : an awesome painted VW bug! I appreciate you think I am too young for Herbie the Love Bug. Alas - I loved that movie has a little kid.

Thank you for so many perfect cards1

3 Likes

#17 Reporting on received

#10 @emotis Sent a gorgeous view of Mount Washington. Glad you had a great time!
#13 @ladybug513 Great multiview card of Venice. You have awesome handwriting!!

1 Like

More postcards to report:

Received: # 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 25, 26, 28,
Yet to receive: # 20, 21, 24, 27, 29, 30

#14 @dnrhott Delia, thank you for the adorable baby chick postcard. I’m so looking forward to the fall. I can’t wait to start wearing sweater…By the way, I’m team chicken :laughing:

#16 @jacieslar Joanne, Thank you THANK YOU for the two beautiful cards you sent. Sue Castillo’s card of the South American little girl took my breath away. The little girl looks like a little angel. So beautiful and innocent. You also made my day by adding the vintage postcard of the Roosevelt hotel. The weather in Northern California is finally cooling down. I’m getting Autumn vibes, my favorite time of year!

#18 @LaurenceB Laurence, I LOVED the Puffin football postcard and colorful stamps. I’m so happy your kids like to read and that you guys read as a family. These are the memories that your children will always cherish. I miss reading with my children (now in college) but now we get to write postcards to each other :two_hearts:

#23 @suatelier Charlotte, thank you for the beautiful skyline postcard of Quebec. I love sunset and night scenes. I hope you had a good time at your cousins engagement party.

Uploading: F84BEF8E-9AAD-4664-8CF7-EDAAC7B34328.jpeg…

#28 @TwoDoggies Terri, what I cute little library. It looks so cozy and I bet it smells heavenly too (I love the smell of books, don’t you?). So what qualifies as a special occasion for the library to open? I don’t check out books from the library because I usually like to keep my books but I love sitting at the library to read or work.

#5 reporting cards received from:
#1 @cawindt - Cool Vintage reprint cards.
#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Grizzly Bear card. I have snorkeled in the Bahamas around some coral reefs. It was one of the neatest things I’ve ever done in my life.
#9 @akap25 - A cool fuzzy arctic seal card.
#10 @emotis - A card from the Book of Tea. My favorite hot tea is chai.
#12 @Yarn-Lady - The cutest teddy bear card I’ve ever seen!
#13 @ladybug513 - A beautiful “For the Love of Tea card”.
#15 @ad7yn - An antique looking puffer-fish card.
#16 @jacieslar - A mama and baby tiger card.
#18 @LaurenceB - Vintage sci-fi redhead saves the day card.
#30 @RockyRoadTrip - Pennsylvania Black bears.

2 Likes

Two more cards have arrived over the past few days. Thank you to:

#12 @Yarn-Lady for the wonderful sausage & leek soup recipe card. Though I am a vegetarian, this is something that could easily be made with the vegan sausages that are available now that are actually quite good (when part of a dish). I actually made potato & leek soup last week. I made a double batch and froze some for later :slight_smile:

#21 @Beachyblonde for the great vintage shot of kids playing baseball next to a slag heap. Man, when I was a kid, we used to go play in the old abandoned oil holding tanks, in the old garbage dump, etc. And adults were like, “you go have fun!” Different times…LOL

Thank you both!

1 Like

Please be sure to include the number of the sender as well. It makes it hard for me to update when I have to look up the numbers. Thank you!

1 Like

Updated!