[RR] North American Round Robin March 2024 - The Luck of the Postcard Edition - Closed!

#4 received from

#12 @Yarn-Lady I hope you get to make it to NM to take that class. It would be really cool to learn that craft. Is the class given by a Navajo weaver? Thank you.

#21 @anon72566616 Thanks for the NV map!

#28 @TwoDoggies

Thanks for the inspirational woman card of Mamie Phipps Clark.

1 Like

#28 reporting cards received:

#10 @nursegarry sent a hilarious vintage ad card. What could be better? a bird, children playing, a smiling mother with a pink bow aanndd cigarettes.

#23 @suatelier sent a GF Ontario card. I’ve been to Niagara Falls a long time ago and it was awesome and well worth the visit. I live outside Washington DC and virtually never go to the Smithsonian or museums anymore.

#5 reporting:

Fantastic vintage card from @nursegarry. Thank you - really made me laugh.

1 Like

#17 reporting receipt of:

#23 @suatelier Queen of the Night Cactus blossom. Cool one…I’ve never heard of this cactus. Spring…I love it.

#7 Received

I don’t think I reported #29 received yet, @melvnoble
Thank you for the beautiful card of Pittsburgh! I’m not a fan of visiting cities, but I do love city lights! Sometimes it blows my mind that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people behind those lights!

#6 reporting

#14 @Hazygirl sent me an alien fetus card! Too funny, and weird!

#27 @sraelling sent a great protest card about climate change. Yes, we should panic!!!

1 Like

#3 received

#14 @Hazygirl Berner wine dog!! I miss my Berner so much…

#18 @LaurenceB Great shaped card! I love Palm Springs!! I would love to go to The Parker hotel - I’m a huge Jonathan Adler fan!!

#21 @anon72566616 Beautiful mermaid! St. Paddy’s day was a corned beef dinner made into a casserole. I cook corned beef probably once a month!

#23 @suatelier Anderson Design card! I’ve only been to Vancouver - would love to explore Canada!!

#28 @TwoDoggies Unfortunately computer science is still a very male dominated field. Slowly changing….

#29 @melvnoble Yep, the Will Power one is great!!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip 1980 truth - still mostly true today! :rage:

Thank you all!!

3 Likes

last update of the month! :love_letter::sparkles:

26 received: 3, 6, 23 (all)
3 @Cruzin - thank you for this fantastic queen of spades postcard from my favourites! :spades::crown: this illustration is just so stunning! love your decorations, as well :two_hearts:

6 @mikeyz1 - thank you so much for this awesome woodblock print postcard :two_hearts:also wanted to make a special note of these truly amazing australia-usa joint-issue stamps haha :koala::eagle:

23 @suatelier - happy spring! thank you so much for this beautiful and cheerful papersisters postcard and matching wildflower and wildlife stamps :cherry_blossom::herb::sparkles: i am looking forward to all the flowers in my neighbourhood too!

thank you everyone for another wonderful month! :love_letter:

3 Likes

#20 reporting in!
Thank you, #23 @suatelier for the great Disney card, and the beautiful mix of stamps. The weather has been similar here in Portland, really warm and then really cold. Kind of normal for us, but I’m ready for sun :slight_smile:

Yes, they are a family of weavers that run the school.

#12 Incoming!!! Some great cards!
3 @Cruzin a lovely dragon card with a fun idea!

10 @nursegarry a beautiful Stellers Jay - I raised one once from the hatchling stage… what a lot of work that was - and no sleeping, it would yell until fed!

11 @sarahgrab1 a Mary Anning card - cute!

18 @LaurenceB Sent a mosck up of a tailor shop over the house… very interesting!

21 @anon72566616 Southern Pacific Coast Line @1940 - pretty train!

23 @suatelier sent an Inge Look Aunties - this one is so fun!!! they make me happy!

24 @roxy sent Shrampton from the wonderful cats on catnip book… and great stamps … it got here fine!

26 @sarahaeyo Song of the Walrus from Alice in Wonderland… I was raised on the stories and poems from Carroll - always have loved it! I could here my Mom ‘singing’ this song!

28 @TwoDoggies sent a still from Leni Riefenstahl… the worst kind of evil.

29 @melvnoble sent a fun card from the Secret Life of Cats - this is so fun! I love it!

30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a lovely St Patricks Day card - sure, why not??!! as long as I don’t have to - I just don’t have the eyes for it anymore, but once I enjoyed it!

Thank you all!!!

4 Likes

Hello…What a busy month. I’m reporting in for March.
I sent all the cards much earlier…and I have received.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30. Only missing 21!

@cawindt Thank you for celebrating Women’s History Month!
@CrimsonKing Thanks for the St. Patty’s card. I went for dinner with friends and my fav. cake is ST. Honorare…a kind of pastry crossed with a cake!
@Cruzin Sent Sitting Bull and Buffalo bill…what an odd time in US history…
@nhigh Sent a pic of Dian Fossey…wow…thank you so much!
@carolreader Sent a fantastic pic of a cyclone eye from space! So terrifying!
@mikeyz1 I feel joyful most days for sure…my own personal resistance!
@blubay2021 Sent a painting of a gator…honestly that part of Florida frightens me so much! LOL
@Shesa-Renegade I love that Ed Hopper painting…it is a bit sad but how wonderful that an artist can convey that and make us aware of other’s emotions…sigh
@WrenAtTheBeach Thank you for the birthday wishes!
@sarahaeyo Sent a card for Women’s history month…thank you very much. I love those cards.
@Yarn-Lady This card of people celebrating New Years had me looking and looking…what is going on there? Deep Breath for sure!
@ladybug513 I love everything about the card you sent. The image of the gladiator from Ben Hur and the story about Walt Whitmans grave and your brothers…thank you a hundred times.
@Hazygirl Sent a Raj from India…I appreciate this card for the look on the boys face and the tradition al costumes…so cool!
@Sharontup Welcome to forums! Glad you are here. Thanks for the jubilant card!
@jacieslar Thank you for the birthday wishes!
@YOIYUMTEWA What exactly is “sticking”? I’m so curious! Good luck with your volunteer work.
@LaurenceB I hope you enjoy Palm Springs…this is the time to visit!
@ellistrations Sent a card from Sedona…I feel the spiritual vibe there…do you?
@KimberlyOR I hope things work out for your job! Work is so important to me…thank you for the inspiration card…you have a knack for reaching others!
@uconn Thank you for the Rubens…I remember going to the Hermitage in St. Petersburg and all the rooms filled with his paintings…so overwhelming!
@suatelier Thank you for the planet earth card! appreciate it!
@roxy Love the gorgeous Klimt!
@misslyss Carlsbad Caverns are on my list for another road trip in New Mexico! Thank you
@sarahaeyo I’m planning summer vacations too…where are you going? I’ve got Bulgaria and Romania already booked!
@sraelling Thanks for the great card. Hope the snow wasn’t too destructive!
@TwoDoggies I love the bird card…yes it is a fav! I like all the blank space too!
@melvnoble Thanks for the birthday wishes
@RockyRoadTrip Thank you for the wonderful “handy”…made me laugh! All the best,

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes and the great cards. I love this group …skipping April but hope to see you all in May! All the best,
Garry

13 Likes

#16 reporting

#3 @cruzin Thank you so much for the great card from Hearst Castle. I really miss going to the farmer’s markets!

#4 @nhigh Thank you for the travel poster style postcard promoting a visit to Ireland. Although I’ve never had the opportunity to travel there, I would love to! I enjoy reading both fiction and nonfiction.

#6 @mikeyz1 Great card from the Merry-Go-Round Museum in Sandusky, Ohio. Thanks! The museum has an interesting history and I can see why your daughter loves to go there.

#10 @nursegarry I had to share your vintage postcard with family, and none of us realized there was a herd of elk in the San Francisco Bay area! Thanks for sharing this card with me.

#12 @Yarn-Lady Thank you for the cute Easter card! I hope the EB left lots of goodies at your house.

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you so much for the beautiful viewcard showing Tra-na-Rossan Bay in Donegal, Ireland. I hope your Easter egg hunt was a success!

#14 @Hazygirl How relaxing it would be to escape on this sailboat off Martha’s Vineyard. Thank you for choosing the perfect card for me!

#18 @LaurenceB Thank you for the fun postcard (and stamps)! I would love to hear more as your garage door mural progresses.

#20 @KimberlyOR I received (most of) your great card from Olympic National Park. Thank you! I’m glad I was able to read most of your message and happy that it got here. If only cards could talk…

#21 @anon72566616 Thanks so much for the postcard from the LEGO Still Life with Bricks set. I hope your Irish dinner was perfect!

#23 @suatelier All of the yummy looking food on this card made me hungry when I found it in my mailbox. Thank you for choosing it! I’m ready for Spring and Summer.

#24 @roxy Thank you for the lovely viewcard from Niagara-on-the-Lake. I love visiting wineries, and I’ll bet there are some great ones in this area!

#25 @misslyss Thanks for the great postcard! I enjoy being out in Nature and living here in the mountains is perfect for that. Sometimes I have to remind myself how lucky I am to have so much wildlife around me - especially right after they’ve destroyed my flowers and shrubs!

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the photo postcard of Leni Riefenstahl for Women’s History month. I learned a lot from your card and also did some research on her as well. Interesting…

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the lovely photo postcard. What a beautiful young lady! I am looking fotward to nicer (less windy and warmer) weather too, but Spring is unpredictable here in the mountains.

4 Likes

#16 @jacieslar

Received my last postcard for March in today’s mail!

#15 @Sharontup Thank you so much for this postcard showing the Sundowner Motel in Salton Sea, California. I learned a lot about Ed Freeman’s Desert Realty Series, and I’m glad you chose it for me. Based on cancelation date, this is another of my cards that had a big “adventure” before I received it today!

2 Likes

Yeah! #21 arrived this morning! thank you @anon72566616 for the wonderful stained glass…that’s everyone for me. Garry

2 Likes

#22 uconn

#21 @anon72566616 thanks for this pick for an unusual card. Nice choice

2 Likes

#19 received

#1 @cawindt - thank you! We have also reached the 70s and 80s here. Love Spring but ready for the pollen to ease up.

1 Like

#23 reporting - between my PO Box malfunctioning and then Easter holiday, I’m finally able to report! Sorry for the wait

#1 @cawindt Thank you for the Harriet Powers card! Love how informative these are

#3 @Cruzin Thank you for the Mr. Men Little Miss card! Wow book #48? You’re zooming by!

#6 @mikeyz1 Thank you for the Seattle LP card! Hope you had a wonderful spring break, and that you’re well and rested!

#7 @blubay2021 Thank you for the large letter Florida card! Welcome to the RR! It’s definitely one of the best

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach Thank you for the Loupaper summer card! Hope you had an amazing March too, and happy April!

#10 @nursegarry Thank you for the bicycle card! That sounded like a fun day in India! I don’t bike at all but I would like to pick it up one day

#15 @Sharontup Thank you for the GF Quincy card! I’ll check that QR code out!

#16 @jacieslar Thank you for the Snoopy pot of gold card! What a magical sight. I haven’t seen a deer in so long

#20 @KimberlyOR Thank you for the Cannon Beach card! I spy the Eric Small Things stamp - love them!

#22 @uconn Thank you for the PHQ card! The 100! Oldie but a goodie

#26 @sarahaeyo Thank you for the Justine Art Studio Taizhou card! I’m glad I could help and enjoy your trip in HK!!!

#27 @sraelling Thank you for the Idaho Lp card! Does look like a State full of nature!

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the dragon card and for the motivational words! Apparently the Dragon is not compatible with my year but trying to make the best out of it

#29 @melvnoble Thank you for the cat pizza card! I like how one cat is just off in a corner eating the one slice

6 Likes

Love meeting another Eric Small Things fan! :smiley:

#24 reporting

Thank you to @CrimsonKing #2 for the very festive St. Patricks’s card.

1 Like