[RR] North American Round Robin February 2024 - The Super Bowl of Postcards Edition - Addresses Sent

Thank you, Olga! :heart:

#25 reporting:

#26 @sarahaeyo - a year of the Dragon card, with a personal story! Thank you.

1 Like

#28 reporting 2 corrections for cards I mislabeled.

#23 @Cstar9 sent the Secret Identity card I previously attributed to beatriceh

#27 @beatriceh sent the beautiful bathtub card (labeled for NA WBMP Feb) but I’m now assuming it was for this RR (disregard my PM).

Thank you both and sorry for any confusion.

2 Likes

Sorry about the mislabeling!

#9 Reporting

#23 @CStar9 sent a wonderful black and white Harvey Finkle photograph of Philadelphia in 1983. I was older than you were in 1983…now I feel old. LOL. I hear you about the vintage young adult timeline! Thank you so much for the well wishes. I have an amazing physical therapist who still comes to the house. He’s the absolute best! I couldn’t have gotten through this without him. He makes me laugh on the worst of days. I love the stamps you chose, and the washi and stickers, too! Thank you again!

1 Like

#27 @beatriceh reporting

#6 @mikeyz1 Great Goya card. Art and violence, always a great mix. Thanks.

#7 @RobinP I love this spotted cat and the ownership they’re expressing over this bar. And yes, I can see why your husband might regret that, but I would take full advantage!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Thanks for the very colorful card! I’ll be in Mexico next year for a wedding. I hope it’s just as sunny.

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach I always visit bookstores when I travel. I look them up before I go actually. Reading has always been my favorite form of travel so it just made sense to me :upside_down_face:

#11 @sarahgrab1 My 2024 is up and down. I’ve applied to a lot of jobs and I’m getting lots of interviews. Hopefully they go somewhere. Unfortunately, my youngest cat is ill and it’s pretty stressful and expensive. Fingers crossed, he improves.

#12 @Yarn-Lady my eldest helps me do everything. She’d help me cook if I didn’t constantly shoo her away. Don’t you hate that they get old? If only they lived as long as us.

#13 @ladybug513 39% Is that more than the actual weather man? :upside_down_face: I love Groundhog Day it’s such a fun concept.

#14 @Hazygirl What a lovely card! I really love this design. I’ll have to look into this company. Thank you!

#15 @4kids2pay4 Haha good idea not to complain. I have an apron that says, “don’t make me poison you.” Love the state stamps.

#16 @jacieslar Aw, that’s sad. You should remind them that time is short and cookies are much tastier when made together.

#17 @nhigh Hi there! I saw Alice in wonderland in Italy and I was eager to see how they translated jabberwocky. I believe they didn’t, but since they translated most everything else, even some of the other weird words, I wondered if Italians thought that was an actual English word.

#19 @ellistrations I couldn’t imagine living near an active volcano. I’ll never forget watching Dante’s peak in grammar school. Scarred for life.

#20 @Triol thank you for the adorable Valentine’s Day card. I love bears. They are just so cute!

5 Likes

18 reporting!

1 @cawindt Thank you for the card of Susie King Taylor! Our winter has been quite crazy too… the snow has practically all melted! I think the Alt NARR is still useful! :slight_smile: We have a few regulars with the occasional visitor from here :slight_smile:

3 @Cruzin Thank you so much for sharing a nice cork card from Portugal! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cork card NOT from Portugal!

4 @jenhart Thank you so much for the Miami travel poster! Perfect timing for my Florida vacation :smiley: Kinda miss the sunshine!!

21 @anon72566616 Thank you very much for the Georgia Peaches! Can’t wait for our summer fruit :slight_smile:

23 @CStar9 Hi dear friend!! Thank you so much for such a perfect card! Love the house in the middle of nowhere! I don’t know why I love it so much, but you definitely read my “postcard vibe” correctly! I love your cards that always have more words than space on them :heart: I really hope things will get better for your family and that your 2024 will change to be the best year ever!

2 Likes

18 - continued…

29 @melvnoble Thank you for the Valentines flowers! I’m team chocolate all the way!

30 @RockyRoadTrip Thanks a lot for the gorgeous Trinidad “flamingos”! I’m a fan of ALL birds! especially exotic ones! It counts!!

1 Like

26 received: 8, 20, 27, 28
8 @Shesa-Renegade - thank you so much for the cutest birthday panda bear and wishes :panda_face: the valentines joke also made me chuckle lol :two_hearts:

20 @Triol - thank you so much for the wonderful birthday postcard and wishes :two_hearts::sparkles:

27 @beatriceh - thank you so much for the big letter birthday greeting!:sparkles: i went out to dinner with a few friends and coworkers; it was a fun night out! i love baking cupcakes although i want to work more on my break making skills! :cupcake:

28 @TwoDoggies - thank you so much for the birthday wishes and pisces postcard :fish: i am a textbook pisces haha; just a walking emotional disaster over everything :see_no_evil:

thank you everyone for the wonderful messages, postcards, decorations and stamps! :love_letter:

2 Likes

Updated!

#24 reporting

#20 @triol sent me a wonderful sack of potatoes for my collection!

#27 @beatriceh sent a seasonal appropriate card - Heart of Joy by DonnaBellasAngels.org - I love any initiative that supports mental health.

Thank you both!

1 Like

#24 reporting

I think I forgot to report the following that I just found in the wrong pile on my desk:

#3 @cruzin sent a seasonal card - the 32 cent Love postage stamp

#4 @jenhart sent a fun 50s type card with images of jukeboxes, Barbie, Elvis, roller skates, and other images of the era.

#29 @melvnoble sent a great Gal Pals card - two neighbours discussing a sewing project.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing that today — !!! UGH

6 @mikeyz1 Sent to California Zephyr - Oh, Potato Leek Soup is a favorite! Lovely stamps, too!

8 @Shesa-Renegade send the Kell Billed Toucans - I am so fascinated by these beauties!

17 @nhigh sent Douglas Dam - This is a beautiful one! It doesn’t look that old, either.

18 @LaurenceB sent Lambs and a Rainbow - Had to be a shock with the temperature change on your trip! I remember heading home to Hawaii in heavy clothes and wool coat – ACK when I got there!

20 @Triol Hello fellow Dragon - such a cute card… I loved the food at the celebrations when I was growing up!

21 @anon72566616 sent a flock of sheep - lovely drawings of the differing breeds.

23 @CStar9 sent a great fabric collage card - Church Ladies Hats - I love it! My Chinese New Year was full of FOOD and Firecrackers and Parades and Dances …when I was growing up - it’s quite quiet now.

24 @roxy sent Ha Long Bay in Vietnam - really beautiful!

27 @beatriceh sent a beautiful yarn heart! Thinking about your kitty.

28 @Two Doggies sent a lovely watercolor of a goat

29 @melvnoble sent a pink water lily - I lived on a lake full of water lilies - so pretty!

30 @RockyRoadTrip sent a card from Upper Canada Village of a woman spinning… wool and cats - instant magnatism!!! Trouble and all!! I once really wanted a job like that - and did spin at a small museum in the Oregon Trail section! Great stamps, too!

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

#6 reporting

#17 @nhigh sent me a nice WV barn!

1 Like

Sorry posted in wrong rr :grinning:

#3 received from

#20 @Triol Cute Valentine card!! Thank you!

4 @jenhart sent a Wisconsin map fo popular bars!!! It made me laugh ‘Tri-Level Brownies’ for the win! LOL

22 @uconn sent my a great card of Timmy! Shaun the Sheep always makes me laugh! and great stamps!

This completes February - thank you all for the great cards!

1 Like

Mine might be for March

#27 @beatriceh reporting

#10 @AtlasPostal St. Patrick’s Day can certainly be fun. I’m from Chicago and we dye the river grew and do river tours. It’s definitely a big drinking holiday though.

#21 @anon72566616 I do like kitchens! This one looks well used. I think I’m going to try a new chocolate cake recipe this weekend. I don’t have anyone to eat it with, but hey sacrifices.

#22 @uconn Nothing like a knife through the heart for Valentine’s Day :slightly_smiling_face: Love it.

#23 @CStar9 Hey there almost name twin! People would have to be able to spell our names to write them on stuff, but you know that’s a good idea. Maybe I should start getting mugs and pens and stuff with my name so people can see it more. And I always tell my friends to do their children a favor and name them Jane.

#26 @sarahaeyo Is anyone not a pizza person? It’s so delicious. I’m from Chicago so pizza is just a regular part of life, but of course we have a certain (i.e., the right) idea of what pizza is :upside_down_face:

#28 @TwoDoggies How was Mexico? My best friend just got back from there. She’s scouting wedding locations. She said it was beautiful. Hopefully your brother enjoyed it!

#29 @melvnoble What a nice card. I think I could do this ride depending on how fast it went. I took my mom to the Eiffel Tower and she wouldn’t go to the top. This was fine except I did and we lost each other for about an hour (this was before international cell plans). She was near hysterics when we found each other. Not the birthday gift I was thinking of.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip I love Indian food! Sadly, my favorite Indian restaurant burned down a few months ago. I haven’t found a good replacement.

4 Likes