[RR] North American Round Robin April 2024 - The Spring Fling Edition - Closed

#28 reporting cards #8-#15 will be sent tomorrow.

All cards sent.

#22 uconn

#5 @carolreader thanks for this eclipse card. It arrived before the eclipse!

#14 @Hazygirl Thanks for this eclipse card.

#16 @jacieslar love nachos! I could eat the whole plate though :rofl:

#19 @ellistrations interesting card! First glance I thought why is this baby encased in cement and tied with twine?!

#25 @virgomar0918 thanks for this popcorn. My niece has ‘mommy’ popcorn & ‘daddy’ popcorn… depending on who’s cooking it, it’s microwave or stove top :joy:

3 Likes

#12 pammykay received

from #15 @4kids2pay4
a card of Mickey, Minnie, and friends. Thank you! How fun to go to Disney with the grandchildren.

1 Like

#14 hazygirl reporting

#5 @carolreader sent very cute mice in their little mice boat. I wish I could a) find a thrift shop around here and b) find some postcards (and maybe some Hallmark Keepsake ornaments) in it.

#7 @architeuthis sent The Dansbury Depot which is a restaurant made in an old train station. I wish I could go see the eclipse, but I have to work.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent the City Motor Hotel - it’s fully licensed!! Whew, that’s a relief. All the rooms and suites have private baths. Licensed and baths, can’t beat that! Great card!

#19 @ellistrations sent Slytherin card with a fun monstera sticker. I haven’t been there since like a year after it opened. It’s probably the same cards from then.

#30 @RockyRoadTrip sent the “NEW” Fenway Park. I actually thought the exact same thing about what did the old one look like. lol. It hasn’t changed since this card was made.

1 Like

#5 reporting:

#8 @shesa-renegade - Great, unique postcard! I love the signs on the mine. Thanks!

#11 @architeuthis - Cool postcard! I tried to guess what it was, but had to look! Thanks! We are “ground zero” for the eclipse and are expecting a lot of people (I live near a national park). So, I will be viewing the eclipse from my back deck.

#12 @pammykay – Thank you for the card from my favorites – one that rings true! Thank you! As we get older, we do need determination. It makes a lot of difference. Good for you!

#13 @ladybug513 – What a pretty intro to April! Looking forward to spring this year. Loved hearing about your Easter egg hunt.

#17 @yoiyumtewa – This card doesn’t remind me of the eclipse, but I love it! Little demons! Thanks! I plan on watching the eclipse from my back yard. You could drive to Willoughby. I’m not sure about traffic, but I don’t see why there’d be an issue with the freeway. I really don’t know what to expect. They’re actually closing schools here that day.

2 Likes

#2 reporting

#25 @virgomar0918 Thank you Marena for this cute little guy! :smiley: :hedgehog: Did you end up getting pranked at all? :laughing: Oh, interesting, thank you for looking it up and letting me know about April Fool’s Day and its origination. :smiley:

1 Like

#25 card received from #8

I wish i had time to go see the crystal caves when I was in Little Rock…I was there for work.

#25 card also received from #12

Thanks for the cute cat card😁

#15 reporting received cards from #5 and #11

#5 @carolreader sent the wild turkey taking flight. I have to agree with you, they are beautiful birds, but it is best they remain in the wild and not at the backyard feeder.

#11 @architeuthis sent the Louisville Clock. I work from home so I will likely step outside if we can avoid the cloud cover for the eclipse. The bigger plan is to avoid all the extra traffic that has arrived here in town due to the eclipse. The forecast is for a cloudy day, so we may all be disappointed.

Thank you both for the great cards.

1 Like

Report #1April 2024 NARR
Rocky Road Trip #30

#08 @Shesa-Renegade: sent a shot of the Bonneville Tunnel on the Columbia River Highway in Oregon. Yes, I share you fascination with tunnels, ever since driving through a few on the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut as a kid. Now, mostly railroad but also a few highway tunnels have been abandoned and make creepy hiking destinations. Thanks!

#11 @Architeceuthis: sent a terrific addition for my nascent bowling collection: The National Bowling Stadium in Reno, Nevada. Who knew such a ten-pin mecca existed? Boasting a 4-story lobby and 78 tournament-quality lanes (and a full bar!) Wow! Being added to my bucket list. Have fun at the eclipse. Totality is everything! Thanks!

#12 @PammyKay: sent a vintage chrome shot of La Tunisia Restaurant in Dallas. Yeah, you’re right they probably couldn’t get away with the Harem Girls and Sheik’s Tent today. But if anyone could, Texas would! A hotspot during those liberal ‘60s, the novelty eventually wore off and the restaurant re-opened as a steak house, but an interesting side note: It was located next to the 32-lane Mickey Mantle Bowling Center. Great stuff. Thanks!

#16 @Jacieslar: sent a cartoon from the infamously snarky New Yorker collection. Oh the little truths about life these illustrations leave us with! Thanks for taking the time to send in an envelope. You’re right, this thin card risked getting mauled in today’s postal system. Thanks!

#17 @YoiTumTewa: sent a retro glimpse of the bar at Regan’s Yacht Club in Belmar, NJ. Dude, you need a pair of eclipse glasses to take in this blinding vision! What were they thinking? Hope you like Naugahyde stools and close neighbors when you belly up to this bar. And, yeah, WHAT is going on with the ceiling? Truly painful. Thanks!

#19 @Ellistrations: sent a chrome shot of a general store on St. Helena Island in South Carolina. It was originally the headquarters of a cotton company and was part of the larger Frogmore Plantation. And the town post office used to be in the front room. Now it’s an antique store. Thanks for sharing this card from your late grandmother’s collection. I bet she’s happy they are seeing new appreciation.

#25 @Virgomar0918: sent an illustrated tourist poster card for Bryce Canyon National Park. Beautiful shot. But I don’t recall horseback trips when I visited this park many moons ago, but I do remember the hike back up was a little challenging given the 8,000 feet altitude! Welcome to the NARR. Hope you enjoy your time here. Thanks.

Great start to the month.
All my cards are in the mail as of tomorrow 4/8.

Rocky Road Trip #30

4 Likes

#13 checking in with cards from:

#5 @carolreader - These Starry Night postcards are such fun! I have one to send to you. Just let me know if you want it with Bigfoot, or without! Thank you for this great addition to my National Parks!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you very much for the LP Rocky Mountain National Park, another great addition to the collection! My two adult daughters (and me, too!) would LOVE to go to an adult only Easter egg hunt. Have flashlight will travel! The two of them were right in there in our backyard with their daughters on Easter morning hunting for eggs. I may just come up with something for the two of them next year!

#11 @architeuthis - Thank you for the Warhol Campbell Soup cans! Sounds like you had quite the experience at the museum. I grew up in Camden NJ and have fond memories of smelling tomatoes cooking throughout the city in the summer. I still make tomato soup prepared with milk, a bit of sour cream and meatballs and potatoes. This is a comfort food from my grandmother. We will be in the area of 90% for the eclipse tomorrow. We have our glasses ready!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Thank you for this very different art card! I kind of like it! I have very little to no artistic ability. Our almost 8 year old granddaughter, Juliette, has been taking art lessons and can actually produce something that is pretty good. She enjoys it, too. But then, I think you would have to - right?

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you so much for this lovely Spring scene with fountain! Thank you for sharing one of your grandmother’s postcards with me. Even though it is still on the cool side, Spring is here with the forsythia, daffodils and tulips blooming. And, I’m going to a meet-up, too!

#25 @virgomar0918 - Thank you so much for this terrific Year of the Dragon card! I love stamps although I am not a serious collector and really enjoy beautiful stamps on my postcards. I’m an Ox. No comment!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip - I love this card! Wish we DID have bocce ball at our wedding! A more casual wedding would be such fun. But, that stack of hay would have had me sneezing! Thank you for this great card for my Wedding Traditions collection!

2 Likes

#19 received

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - thank you! I was so excited to see a new card for the shopping carts collection. So exciting for summer coming!

#25 @virgomar0918 - thank you! Perfect for my collection. Spring here has been hot for a day then freezing for a week, haha!

2 Likes

#19 received

#11 @architeuthis - thank you! This is a fun card and I love lilies, so it’s perfect. We aren’t in full totality here either, but were lucky to enjoy it last time it crossed our path.

#12 @pammykay - thank you! A wonderful card for my challenge. Oooh, dinosaur tracks sound so fun!

#14 @Hazygirl - thank you! Challenges are so fun to send and receive. Happy you joined in on the fun!

#15 @4kids2pay4 - thank you! I definitely enjoy finding that right card for someone a tad bit more than receiving, but they are both fun in their own ways.

#22 @uconn - thank you! I hope you enjoyed Easter! Aww, I hope your grandma enjoyed it as well, I’m sure she did just being surrounded by family.

1 Like

#22 uconn

#7 @blubay2021 funny Star Wars card, great choice!
Thanks

#8 @Shesa-Renegade fun vintage restaurant card, cool they’re still open

#26 @sarahaeyo I am going to that stamp show, so great that it’s so close!
This weekend I’m going here for pinball, in Marlborough MA https://pintasticnewengland.com/
Love this Parks & Rec Ron Swanson bacon and eggs card. Thanks

2 Likes

All of my cards were sent today :new_moon:

#25- Cute cat card received from #7

I received the same exact card today from another member from another RR😂

#20 checking in :partying_face:

Had a chaotic start of the month so I’m trying to catch up on cards :sweat_smile:

#5 @carolreader - Studio Ghibli is something I grew up on so it’s always nice to see a tiny piece of simpler times pop up in my mailbox :smiling_face:

#7 @blubay2021 - Howl’s Moving Castle is one that I never get tired of watching! The visuals are just so :heart_eyes:

APR NARR - 7

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Trying to make new foods is always a fun time. I’ve been trying to find time try making my own pasta but I’m so scared it will come out poorly haha!

#11 @architeuthis - How was your trip to see the eclipse? I have a giant window in my office at work so I was able to watch the nice movie-lighting happen while I was working away today

@pammykay - these strawberries look so good! reminds me that strawberry season is soon upon us :heart_eyes:

APR NARR - 12

#14 @Hazygirl - I think I’ve actually stumbled across that postcrosser’s profile before! It’s amazing that they’ve collected so many daisy cards

APR NARR - 14

#15 @4kids2pay4 - I’ve never tried making pie before but I did recently make strawberry jam in a similar fashion!

#16 @jacieslar - this postcard is absolutely gorgeous! there’s something so magnificent about humpback whales and this card captures it so well

NARR 16

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - I also have no idea what’s happening in this photo either but I like it haha!

#19 @ellistrations - postcrossing meetups are always so fun! I just went to one over the weekend and had an absolute blast :smiling_face:

#22 @uconn - it’s the season for cherry blossoms for sure! I had planned to go into DC to see them recently but the weather ruined my plans haha

#25 @virgomar0918 - warm sun and clear water is what I dream of every time the weather gets nice. I remember how beautiful the waters were when I visited Jamaica a few years ago :diving_mask:

APR NARR - 25

thank you all!

6 Likes

#2 reporting

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you Susan for this Cheerios™ card! I too had one with the bee on it, haha. :honeybee: There’s usually a postcard show twice a year, but since the building is being upgraded, there won’t be one this month, but will again in August. I’m going to one in CO when I visit family, woohoo! I too dig for the 25¢.

#14 @Hazygirl Thank you Jo-Ann for these cute puppies! :dog: You did send me a dog card last month, but it was a different card. Yuck, rain every day while you’re off, that’s not fun at all. The washi is adorable!

#16 @jacieslar Thank you JoAnne for this lighthouse (22nd in stack)! :smiley: Oh, I know what you mean about getting cards in a new place, like a child in a candy store, haha! :lollipop: Enjoy your trip when you go!

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you Terri for this yellow postcard! So very true about your children and them being too busy to make time to visit family. I call my father weekly, if not more, and visit him yearly, more if I can. He’s the only parent I have left and I’m also glad I have 3 siblings that live very close to him. They’ll hopefully understand sooner rather than later about time.

2 Likes

#7 Reporting a handful of delivered cards!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade My husband lived in San Diego for a short time! I don’t think he considers it a “hometown”, he was very young when he lived there. I hope you got to see some gray whales, that sounds like a lot of fun!

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach My favorite thing about spring is the warmer, but not quite hot weather. It’s not quite humid yet, either. So just the perfect temperature :slight_smile: But in Florida, that only lasts a couple of weeks before it gets just hot…

#11 @architeuthis I hope you got to make it to totality! I have family in Niagara Falls, and they weren’t able to see it because of the clouds, but my cousin did say it was an eerie feeling when it got dark.

#12 @pammykay I looked up a field of bluebonnets, and that looks beautiful! We get beautiful azaleas in NW Florida. The ones in my yard have already dropped their flowers, but it is beautiful for the couple weeks that they’re out.

#16 @jacieslar Thank you for a Billy the Kid postcard. I’ve heard of him, and I’m sure I learned about him in school, but I do enjoy the little history snip!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you for the Star Wars card. I’ll admit I haven’t seen any of the Star Trek series, just the movies with Chris Pine, but I do love Stargate as well!

#25 @virgomar0918 Welcome to this RR, this is my second month, and I enjoy it! I’m sorry to hear about your cat, I hope you do find a new one to add to your family.

#28 @TwoDoggies Thank you for the postcard! I hope you had a good time with your daughter and friends!

4 Likes

#12 reporting the cards received today

#6 @mikeyz1
Thanks for the card of Chicago’s Union Station. The train ride would have been fun. Maybe next time!

#11 @architeuthis
Another train station, this one the main train station in Stuttgart, Germany. Thank you! I hope you made it to Syracuse. We were in the path of totality, but it was cloudy here all morning so we were worried. Thankfully the skies cleared and we had a great view from our back yard.

#16 @jacieslar
Thanks for the Charley Harper bird card. I do love his style. Yes, expecting overnight guests is a great motivator.

#19 @ellistrations
A card with coffee and lots of good things to eat. Thank you! Have fun at your meetup!

2 Likes