[RR] North American Round Robin April 2024 - The Spring Fling Edition - Closed

#28 reporting cards received:

#5 @carolreader sent a card of gems from the Cleveland Museum of Natural History for my diamonds and daisies challenge. Carol, your card was postmarked April 1st and I received it April 29!!! I get cards from the Czech Republic and Germany and other points overseas in about 9 days, but cards within the U.S. sometimes are taking 3 to 4 weeks. What is going on? It’s crazy.

#21 @Beachyblonde sent two cats with painted faces for my opposites/contrasts challenge. I think they’re very cute; I do wonder about the safety (for the cats) of painting their face though.

#23 @suatelier sent a blue cats card. The assorted stamps are pretty awesome too.

#15 reporting card received from#20 @potatertot - thank you for the nice meetup card. I have cardinals here yearly and went to the Dogwood Festival for several years in a row when I still lived at home with my parents. Fun times.

1 Like

#20 checking in :partying_face:

#21 @Beachyblonde - thank you for this fun meetup card!

#2 reporting

#24 @roxy Thank you Brenda for the card! I see what you mean about the name By Ward, I googled it as Byward and By Ward and they both came up as Byward. That would drive me nuts too.

#12 received from #26 @sarahaeyo
Thanks so much for the clever alphabet card. I’m sorry you’ve been sick, but I’m also glad you’re better.

1 Like

#21 BeachyBlonde

I received another card!
#5 @carolreader Thank you for the epic Anne Taintor postcard! I’m not very domestic either! I’ve never been much of a baker or cook! I’m so bad at it! haha I always love these snarky cards!

#15 received from #27 @RobinP these bridges from New River Gorge National Park & Preserve. Thank you. Hope you enjoyed your trip.

I found 2 more received cards I’d misplaced!

#13 @ladybug513 : happy Meet-up Card :smiley:

#23 @suatelier fantastic illustrated sketchings from PEI :heart:

Thanks!

1 Like

#3 received

#4 @jenhart Skittles!! Allergies are so bad this year!

#21 @Beachyblonde A bear in clothes! I mispronounce a lot of words!

[b]#27[b] @RobinP Great cat humor!! I cat-sit a friends cat who is about a year old now… always chasing its own tail!

Thank you all for the great cards and words!

#13 here with my last two postcards received from:

#7 @blubay2021 - Thank you for Eric Carle’s Grouchy Ladybug! We visited the Eric Carle museum a few years ago while in Amherst MA for a family wedding. We were looking for something to do and found that the museum was nearby. My only regret is that I didn’t buy more postcards in the gift shop!

#26 @sarahaeyo - Thank you for the girl smothered in chocolate and strawberries! Great stickers and washi tape, too. So many strawberries! I’ve been busy baking and decorating cookies for our granddaughter’s 8th birthday. I stenciled the word Wonka on 44 cookies with a paint brush dipped in edible color. Made a few golden tickets too. It was a LABOR of love believe me.

Craig, I acknowledged receipt of RobinP’s postcard in my last post of April 28:

#27 RobinP – Thank you for the Hopewell Culture NHP card! Nice addition to my National Parks and UNESCO collections. I don’t have to travel to Ohio for groundhogs. I can see them in my backyard! LOL! Hope you had a great view of the eclipse. We were at 89%. Still impressive!

2 Likes

Yes, I feel that the post office here is particularly bad. My postcards seem to arrive more slowly, and I seem to receive them slowly!

#5 received another card:

#23 sent an card celebrating April. It’s a worthy month - spring getting started. Thanks!

#29 - I’m not sure if this was the official card for the month or a bonus, but I received this Postcrossing Meet Up card from #13 @ladybug513! Thank you, Susan! I recognize a couple names from the Dayton Meet Up! How fun!

1 Like

#25 card received from #6 @mikeyz1 thanks for the cool kids book museum card - would be interesting to check out!

#7 sharing again, I reported the wrong card received from #23, and wanted to share the right one for April! I accidently shared March’s in this post.

Thank you @suatelier , and sorry for the mix up!

#5 still receiving April cards!

From #3 @Cruzin - this one has been travelling since April 3! But it was worth the wait - a Royal Mail stamp card featuring Frankenstein, from my favs! Thanks!

1 Like

The meet up card is a bonus. I meant to mark them as RAS and just forgot!

1 Like

April is now updated :smiley:

Edited to include @RobinP 's card reported in May accidently by @Hazygirl

just came back from vacation with an extremely happy mailbox! :mailbox::two_hearts:

26 received: 3, 5, 6, 7, 21, 23, 27 (all!)
3 @Cruzin - thank you so much for this adorable kitty postcard from mischief made :cat::two_hearts: i am jealous of your reading progress; i mostly read on my commute so i only 20-30 mins at a time haha

5 @carolreader - thank you for the awesome solar eclipse postcard! :new_moon: haha your backyard sounds like the perfect place for the eclipse - no traffic! i hope you had a wonderful experience :sunglasses:

6 @mikeyz1 - thank you for the wonderful louise brooks/pandora’s box postcard :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: what a life she led! i havent watched pandora’s box but i see there’s a version available on youtube and will add it to my list for my next movie night :popcorn:

7 @blubay2021 - thank you so much for the stunning harry potter fanart postcard and matching stickers - love this series so much! :magic_wand: no surprise my favorite team is the bruins and they like to give me heartattacks, especially in the post-season haha :see_no_evil:

21 @BeachyBlonde - ahhhh thank you so much for the beautiful nashville max and oscar for my m&o collection :two_hearts:love the musical nods to its nickname :guitar::notes: i cant be trusted arou d postcard sales haha.

23 @suatelier - thank you so much for the wonderful zodiac blue casts postcard and eclipse stamp :scorpion::sparkles: i did go out and watch the eclipse from our office patio and we couldnt have asked for more perfect weather - sunny and clear!

27 @RobinP - thank you so much for the awesome WMATA map postcard! :metro::two_hearts: i have been to dc a couple if times but havent have the chance to take WMATA yet, as everything is pretty walkable downtown.

thank you everyone for the wonderful messages, postcards, decorations and stamps, this month! :love_letter:

#12 received from #5
Thank you @carolreader for this card from my favorites, and for the nice selection of stamps.

I have now received all cards for this RR. It has been fun! I hope to join in again before too long.

1 Like