[RR] North American October 2021 Round Robin - The Spooktacular Card Edition - Closed!

Today I am sending out postcards for numbers 17-28 and 30!

2 Likes

The trading post in Tuba City looks a lot different now. We stopped there at the end of August, but both it and the Interactive Museum (of the Code Talker exhibition fame) were closed due to COVID-19.

2 Likes

#4 jenhart reporting SO MANY great cards:

#2 @Sunshein : thank you for the really beautiful German building with the sundial painting. I thought it was Spanish or Greek before I read it! I have looked at the freewheel! I have thought about getting one to make it easier for traveling places with uneven bricks and etc with my manual chair. I have an ā€œoutdoorā€ electric chair I use so I can still go on nature paths and etc. Itā€™s helped me feel a lot better about things - still being able to access nature more than I thought I could :slight_smile:

#3 @scooby39 : I can never have enough cheese. Ever. What a perfect card for me. And I love the women reading sticker on the back!

#5 @carolreader : a sentence I never thought I would say: What a great card of downtown Akron!

#7 @treeclimber : the front of this cool card is perfect, but the postal office really messed up the back (except the wonderful ballet stamp!). So I canā€™t read what you wrote - just something about watching with your mom. Itā€™s so nice to have something to bond together over!

#11 @PostAddy : Halloween ghost. My only holiday card this batch! Summer hasnā€™t completely left us here. The high is expected to be 85 by midweek again!

#13 @ladybug513 : beautiful Cape May lighthouse at sunset. I am super jealous of your view. Mine is not quite like that :laughing:

#15 @NittanyLionRI : clam chowder recipe. Clam chowder is a perfect cozy lunch for a football Sunday!

#16 @CrimsonKing : great French print of a ā€œmodern cityā€ I fear nowadays the print would just be of Chipotles and AutoZones and etc :laughing:

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA : Whitefish Point Lighthouse. I grew up in the upper Midwest so of course I learned the song/poem of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

#18 @scoutingbear : beautiful Bryce Canyon. I was blown away by how beautiful the National Parks in southern Utah are.

#19 @ellistrations : adorable Blue Cats with Halloween washi tape. We still have to keep the windows closed due to humidity ā€¦ and even too warm weather. In October!

#23 @normajean : really cool view of a Spanish-moss draped tree in Louisiana. Working in the library is equally about the books and about just listening to the ā€œlibrary kidsā€ tell me about their day/passions (a lot of anime) and friends. Itā€™s such a great job!

#24 @roxy : World postcard day! Iā€™m sorry to admit I was exhausted and didnā€™t write any on the actual day.

#26 @alcott1 : beautiful snowy wolf. So you are one of those crazy people who likes snow, huh? :laughing: I like it is photos only!

Thank you, all!

All of my cards are sent!!

6 Likes

#16 received:

#4 @jenhart sent a cute Halloween card with a bunch of cute ghosts all over it. Yes, quiet mornings are great, arenā€™t they? :smiley: Was your cat trying to swat at your pen as you wrote cards that day? :slight_smile: Thank you for the card!

#10 @emotis sent a World Postcard Day card, thank you Erin! I too am looking forward to Halloween, I have a bug costume for my chihuahua and a hotdog costume for my corgi. :rofl: They only wear it long enough to have their picture taken in them, lol.

1 Like

#19 ellistrations received

#4 @jenhart - hedgehog, thank you! I love that your cat wanted to be a part of writing your cards. Mine loves to get involved as well. Enjoy the warmth while you can, though could definitely do without the humidity, haha.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Monster Mash, thank you! Haha, your stamp phrases still boggle my mind and make me smile. Itā€™s like a secret language. :rofl:

#11 @PostAddy - witch making apple cider, thank you! This tome of year really does have the best smells. I walk into the local grocery store with all the Fall products at the front, so every tome I get a nice breath of Fall.

#13 @ladybug513 - Halloween Greeting, thank you! I love that yā€™all are setting up tables at the driveway. I did that once in a very popular neighborhood and it was a lot more fun than waiting for the door to ring. We get one kid every year here.

#23 @normajean - carousel horses, thank you! Love your snail sketch. I like to have my cards sorted by topics, but then topics become so specific I end up having so many. Iā€™d recommend having broad topics to start, haha.

#24 @roxy - World Postcard Day, thank you! Fun stamps and stickers. Iā€™m sure that pedestrian bridge has a beautiful name now, how fun to have it named after her!

#26 @alcott1 - American flag, thank you! Interesting tidbit. Autumn is wonderful so far. Weā€™re finally getting some well needed rain and it smells so good!

4 Likes

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with two more received cards today!

#3 @Cruzin sends a fabulous homemade card! I love all of the different layers that you put on this card. It made it just fine thought the mail. Great job!

#11 @PostAddy sends a fun card with a witch on a broom. I think that looks like Samantha from Bewitched. She is pretty and certainly doesnā€™t look evilā€¦haha!

Received: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 15, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 26
To Receive: 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 22, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30

4 Likes

#19 ellistrations received
(Found one hiding!)

#14 @dnrhott - Finding Nemo, thank you! Finding Dory is a cute movie as well. Love the decor!

2 Likes

Carol,

yes, the painter based his Calaveraā€™s on many of her paintings. Look at James (#22 @uconn)'s post. He got the Frieda Deer Calavera.

3 Likes

#21 Beachyblonde I have only sent #s 7, 18, and 19!

I have received a ton though:
#2 @Sunshein Thank you for the adorable coati postcard for our game!! Itā€™s so cute and fits in perfectly!

#5 @carolreader Thank you for the incredible quote, ā€œThe difference between cake and your opinion is that I asked for cakeā€! Love it!! And yes, I have the same issues!!

#7 @treeclimber Thank you for the cute frog family! We have been walking at a local greenway as well! Now if only my allergies would behave! ha

#8 @Shesa-Renegade Thank you for the adorable dancing monsters postcard! Too cute!!

#11 @PostAddy Thank you for the hilariously spooky ā€œDeath before decafā€ postcard! I have 2 or three cups a day! I recently bought some decaf for the late afternoon pick me up! haha

#13 @ladybug513 Thank you for the stunning Jaguar postcard! I donā€™t think I knew that they liked to eat turtles!! So sad, but interesting!!

#15 @NittanyLionRI Thank you for the lovely Lou Paper flowers postcard! I love all of the flower stickers as well!!

#16 @CrimsonKing Thank you for the epic Halloween Party postcard! My oldest wants to put it on her wall!! haha

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Thank you for the wonderful Sea Turtle for our game! Sea turtles are just so cute!!

#18 @scoutingbear Thank you for the hilarious quote postcard! I love it and so did my spouse! hahaha I love this set!!

#19 @ellistrations Thank you for the epic Mickey and Minnie swimming with dolphins postcard! Iā€™m so jealous!!

#26 @alcott1 Thank you for the super sweet wolf cubs! Itā€™s perfect!! I hope you are feeling better!! Iā€™ve been in the same boat this week. Itā€™s awful!!

6 Likes

#15 NittanyLionRI - received 2 wonderful cards today. Thank you bothšŸ˜Š

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent a view card of Wilmington, NC. My brother is considering moving to Wilmington.

#14 @dnrhott sent a view card of the Chain Bridge. I was supposed to see this bridge in person in June 2020but COVID put an end to that tripšŸ˜•

3 Likes

Update from #2 Sunshein:

Received from:

#3 @Cruzin - Dear Lori, thanks for the 17 Mile Drive Scene, Monterey Peninsula, CA by LP. The back is nearly as colorful as the front due to stickers and washi tape. We didnā€™t make it to the Monterey aquarium, but visited the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach when we lived in CA. I do miss the dog beach, Iā€™d visit it every Friday.

#4 @jenhart - Dear Jennifer, thanks for the great map of Charleston. My husband and I had a long debate about what our favorite place(s) were. Thereā€™s a big difference between visiting and living places, so we never did come to an agreement.

#13 @ladybug513 - Dear Susan, thanks for the Dali card and great stamps. Iā€™m already organizing this yearā€™s ā€œGreat Candy Heistā€. Last year we had over 70 trick-or-treaters.

#14 @dnrhott - Dear Delia, thanks for the vintage International Exhibition card and the ā€œblingā€ on the back.

#22 @uconn - Dear James, I loved the card (Women of the African Ark, AFAR Girl from Djibouti Republic), but am still trying to figure out how she can get all the jewelry out of her hair without losing a lot of hair. Awesome stamps!

#23 @normajean - Dear Norma, thanks for the cotton fact card. Iā€™m sorry to hear about your horrible accident. Have you tried linen? I like it better in hot humid climates than cotton. Thanks for the hand drawn decorations.

#24 @roxy - Dear Brenda, thanks for my first WPC day card and the awesome stamps (not cancelled), along with the stickers. Did you make the ā€œroxy in a letter box stickerā€?

To Receive: 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 20, 21, 25, 28, 29, 30

3 Likes

#18 scoutingbear with more cards!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade a cute ā€œmonster mashā€ card. I love watching squirrels chase each other

#24 @roxy A world postcard day card! Thanks!

3 Likes

#5 reporting:

#16 @CrimsonKing ā€“ Yes, I really like dragons. Thank you! Autumn is my favorite season too. The leaves are just starting to fall in earnest, but not too many colors yet. Last fall was gorgeous. Not sure if weā€™ll do so well this year.

#22 @uconn ā€“ ā€œGoya meets Posadaā€. That would have been a great exhibit to see! A strange work of art. Great card for me. Thanks!

#23 @normajean ā€“ The Lum and Abner Museum ā€“ on the National Register of Historic Places. Looks like a wonderful place to visit. Thank you for the card, and please tell me the rest of your story next time you write!

#27 @KeKet ā€“ A famous painting of a snow-capped mountain. Very Japanese and very nice ā€“ thank you!

You can see my received cards here.

5 Likes

#17 reporting in with 2 more cool cards, from:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade neat California map card, retro style. Iā€™ve never seen this one before. Your dog sounds like a keeperā€”itā€™s cool sheā€™ll lay in an uncomfortable place just to be closer to you.

#19 @ellistrations North Carolina state flage. Lantern Press.

Interesting that both cards I received today had those mysterious white ā€œsmudgesā€ on the front from the postal stream gremlins.

2 Likes

#3 recā€™d this weekā€¦

#2 @Sunshein a great Frida Calavera! 2 of my favorite things! I would love to go to a Day of the Dead festival one day!
#4 @jenhart Wanderlust card - when we drove the TX-Ca route I wondered too about the houses in the middle of nowhere!
#5 @carolreader Devo! I had to send a pic of this to a friend who had just saw Devo night before!
#7 @treeclimber coloring mushroom card! We walk the dog 4 times a day - we see turkeys sometimesā€¦luckily thatā€™s it, we have a lot of coyotes nearby so Iā€™m always aware.
#8 @Shesa-Renegade cute Halloween card! Great Halloween quote!
#11 @PostAddy very cool 3 headed smoking winged pin up. Love it!
#13 @ladybug513 Halloween card! We had no Trick or treaters last year - but I think this year we should get a bunch!
#14 @dnrhott beautiful glow in the dark fish! It looks hand painted on !
#15 @NittanyLionRI Lou Paper RI state card! I really do like her cards!
#16 @CrimsonKing definitely a weird cardā€¦ I mean what does bread have to do with the internet? Lol!
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA funny weird cat card! I donā€™t think I will ever be settled! For moving around so much in the last 10 years it seems odd to be ā€œhomeā€.
#18 @scoutingbear Weed, California! Itā€™s funny because Iā€™m organizing my postcards, and I came across my Weed, CA ones - yes it is a town in NorCal!! Right off the 5.
#19 @ellistrations the Original Blue Brothers! Loved this movie!
#22 @uconn a Posada Catrina! I love Catrinas!
#23 @normajean Louisiana LP typography card! I had to laugh when you wrote you reordered Griffin and Sabine - in our move I realized I had two sets. I must have lost my original set and ordered a replacementā€¦guess I found the original set! Love your drawings on the back!
#24 @roxy a uncanceled World Postcard Day card!!! Love it. I need to be on top of it for next year!
#25 @jocrafts Aloha!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I really enjoyed Hawaii though was only there for a few days the last time.
#26 @alcott1 funny vacation card! Hope you and your hubby can do a trip this fall!
#27 @KeKet Smooth as Tennessee Whiskey - uncanceled. Ahh, travelingā€¦ someday I will venture out againā€¦

Thank you all for the great cards and words!

All my cards were sent.

10 Likes

Good Evening (actually itā€™s nearly midnight-yikes),

Thank you for the great cards I have received this week:

#3 @Cruzin~Beatrix Potter is an all time favorite of mine. I kept my sonā€™s collection, as well. His nursery was Peter Rabbit. As a child, my Mom would take me to the Summer reading programs in the local public libraries and I really liked checking out those petite books with the beautiful watercolors. Great stamps too! Thank you!

#4 @jenhart~thank you very much for the fun pumpkins Halloween card! I love stickers and this is quite a sticker-stay spooky! I had a friend who played on a frisbee team and that was the teamā€™s name!

#6 @treeclimber~thanks for the Goldfield Ghost Town card with a picture of a quintessential western main street. I love those saguaros too! You were able to cover Halloween and the Wild West with this card! Oh how I love a theme! The stamps tie right in!

#8 @Shenaniganator~Great version of the Monster Mash! The illustration of the mummy with the spider friend is just too cute! Oh, I do love chocolate cream pie, but I am a cake person all the way! I do like pumpkin pie though-but really just the filling part! Cute sheep sticker and washi tape! Thank you!

#11 @PostAddy ~We usually carve our pumpkins, but maybe we should try painting this year! You have given me an idea!! This Jack-o-skeleton is awesome! Maybe I will have my son give it a go! Great stickers and tape! I am officially in the spooky spirit-thanks!

#13 @ladybug513~thank you for the sweet Halloween card-I think she is a good witch with a friendly cat! As the years go by, I am more and more amazed that trick-r-treating is still a thing! I guess everyone likes candy?! It was fun last year when people derived different ways to deliver the treats-down tubes, hanging in trees, pinned on fencesā€¦

#16 @CrimsonKing~thank you for the mule train photo postcard. I know Littleton well. Remember Joseā€™s? Our familyā€™s favorite! I hope to retire to a sleepier town-the Denver area is busier than I have ever seen!

#24 @roxy~A World Postcard Day Card! Thanks so much! Canada has some great stamps! I really like your NA RR pumpkin sticker-saves on the handwriting, and is cute to boot!

Have a great Weekend!

3 Likes

#13 with more cards from:

#4 @jenhart ā€“ Pride and Prejudice ā€“ Chapter 56 ā€“ On seeing this postcard, I instantly resolved to make my sentiments known to you. I really like it! So, thank you very much!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade ā€“ Monsters doing the Mash. Boy, does that bring back memories! Thank you for the very cute Halloween postcard, stickers, washi and, of course, the Halloween poem and rubber stamp of the month!

#14 @dnrhott ā€“ Thank you for the witches and the Halloween greetings! Love the pumpkin sticker and the washi tape, too. I am really enjoying the Fall weather and hope it lasts a good while longer before winter comes along. Autumn is my favorite time of year.

#23 @normajean ā€“ Thank you for the cute Gabriella Oldham Halloween card. Love your sketches on the back! We got to enjoy Zydeco when we were in New Orleans for our daughterā€™s wedding a few years ago. We stopped in at a bar when we heard the music of a live band while strolling down Bourbon Street. Such fun!

#24 @roxy ā€“ First, thank you for the World Postcard Day card. Second, please tell me about your mother-in-law that she should have a bridge named for her! How very cool is that?!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip ā€“ Thank you for the creepy Halloween characters! Hoping to see some this Halloween. We do not take the grandkids trick or treating. The twins, now 9, live across the street so we get to see them. One of our daughters lives 10 minutes away, the other about 25 minutes away. I have to settle for pictures of them!

3 Likes

#4 @jenhart again:

#3 @Cruzin : illustrated view of Mill Valley :heart: My husband has a new job and we can move literally anywhere we want in about two years (have to wait for youngest to graduate college so we donā€™t mess up her in state tuition). Itā€™s overwhelming to consider!

#8 @Shesa-Renegade : quaint country porch. That stamp :laughing:

#22 @uconn : ideal deserted island. Foliage is peaking in the mountains in the next 2 weeks. A few weeks longer here in the Piedmont though.

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

#22 uconn

#8 @Shesa-Renegade great monster mash, thanks

#11 @PostAddy cool skeleton, thanks

#13 @ladybug513 awesome vintage reprint, thanks

#18 @scoutingbear trick or treat, thanks!

#24 @roxy world postcard day, thanks

#27 @KeKet I havenā€™t been to Germany yet, hopefully someday. Cool skull, thanks

5 Likes

More wonderful cards have turned up in my mailbox. Thank you to

#4 @jenhart for the fabulous card of Gullah culture. Thereā€™s an NEH teacher program that is often held in Georgia on Gullah culture. I keep wanting to apply, but other things always get in the way.

#11 @PostAddy for the wonderful black cat Halloween card.

#14 @dnrhott for the beautiful view of Wyoming. I saw a small corner of Wyoming while visiting Yellowstone. It stunning.

#22 @uconn for the great Disney cat-themed card with appropriate stamp and sticker :cat:

#23 @normajean for the great view of the Louisiana state capitol building in Baton Rouge. It reminds me a bit of our county courthouse that was built at the same time. I do enjoy ā€œnon-traditionalā€ capitol buildings. :slight_smile: Thanks for the cat drawing :heart_eyes_cat:

#24 @roxy for the great WPD card with awesome stamps & stickers. I hope the ceremony went well!

4 Likes