[RR] North American October 2021 Round Robin - The Spooktacular Card Edition - Closed!

#20-Triol

I received yesterday fantastic card with cute little Hedgehog from #28 @TwoDoggies
Huge THANKS!!! I am absolutely happy!!!

1 Like

#5 with one more card to report:

#20 @Triol sent a great fantasy card, which is also quite appropriate for Halloween: an angel/fairy, brandishing a sword, with a misty castle in the background. I love it! Thank you!

My cards are here.

#7 checking in

#20 @Triol - a Cherry Coke card from the Museum of Coca-Cola in Atlanta! Hope you enjoyed your visit to Atlanta.

#28 @TwoDoggies - a World Postcrossing Day card - our PO moved to a smaller location a few years ago into a busy shopping strip mall. I’ve only been there once. Not a fan of the crazy parking lot.

#19 ellistrations received

#6 @mikeyz1 - Facts about Marmots, thank you! These guys are super cute and very new to me, I’d never seen it before! :two_hearts:

#20 @Triol - ghosts (see, speak, hear no evil), thank you! Super fun card. We are enjoying the weather and soon we’ll be enjoying the delicacies at Thanksgiving!

#28 @TwoDoggies - park bench in the snow, thank you! Work is great, slow at times, but definitely getting full time hours. I work in a retail store (Sun and Ski Sports) that focuses on snow and water sports, running and cycling. The company has about 35 stores nation wide. Not too nosy at all! I find I give very vague details without realizing it, haha!

#28 @TwoDoggies received from

#20 @Triol a wonderful Halloween card. I think it will be a fun year for trick or treaters.

Thank you!

#3 rec’d

#12 @teddypostcrossing very cute Day of the Dead card! my house has bits and pieces of Day of the Dead stuff all over the place!

#20 @Triol cute vintage Halloween pin-up! I’m going to be the crazy old lady who lives at the end of the lane screaming at Trick or Treaters “I have full size candy bars” - because I live off the “main” road and if I was a kid I wouldn’t walk down to my house either!

Thank you both!

1 Like

#6 reporting

#20 @triol sent an awesome painting by Alice Ravenel Huger Smith

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a great Indiana covered bridge

#39 @RockyRoadTrip sent a ghastly card of Democrats :dancing_men:

1 Like

#15 reporting

#28 @TwoDoggies Thanks so much for the spooky Halloween skeleton selfie card. It seems like the foliage is late this year :fallen_leaf:

#22 uconn

#1 @cawindt nice fall colors view. We do get great colors here too. Thanks. Cool stamps

#6 @mikeyz1 great beach scene, thanks! Cool stamps

#10 @emotis Bonaventure Cemetery, great! Thanks. Nice old stamps

#20 @Triol nice Autumn chickens, thanks!

#21 @Beachyblonde nice choice for Halloween card, thanks

#28 @TwoDoggies perfect mustard card! My week off was relaxing and got to spend some time with my nieces and nephew

1 Like

#22 uconn

#9 @mere5oh great photo on the meet-up card

1 Like

@TwoDoggies #28–Snoopy in the pumpkin patch–so cute! Thank you!

#15 reporting

#10 @emotis Thank you for the WAW whale card to add to my collection. I have seen whales off the coast of Maine, but never under the boat!

I have received all my cards for this months RR :raised_hands:

1 Like

18 scoutingbear reporting

15 @NittanyLionRI Sends me a postcard of the Beartooth Wilderness. We had exactly 3 hours to make the drive one summer before they closed the road for roadwork. It was amazing scenery and I would love to drive back through and be able to take my time! Thank you for this piece of nostalgia.

20 @Triol sends a vintage looking truck filled with pumpkins. Thanks!

1 Like

#16 reporting:

#20 @Triol sent a “Passing Shadows” Halloween card, so cute, thank you! :smiley: Autumn is my favorite season and today the high temperature is 55Âș, yay! Cold breeze blowing though so a jacket is needed, lol. Have a great Halloween Olga!

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a spooky Halloween card also, hehe, thank you! I’m not so sure about the extra huge hands reaching out from behind the ghost! I’d be out of there so fast!! Haha! Happy Halloween Terri!

#29 - I have received all of my postcards for this month! It’s been a rough month so scanning and thanking everyone has been difficult to get to, but I’m going to work in batches starting today. Just wanted to let Craig know (and anyone else wondering if their card arrived) that I have gotten them all and they’re safe and waiting to be scanned and reported! You are all lovely :purple_heart:

1 Like

#29 - Let’s get to these postcards!

#1 @cawindt - Thank you for this reminder to take a time out and relax! I like that the little image on the back actually has a person sitting in one chair and relaxing. I’m not a super beach person, but I can get behind sitting offshore and just watching the water! Love the stamps!

#3 @Cruzin - Thank you for the Ninth Doctor! I enjoyed him a lot and wish he stuck around longer, or even came back in more of a bigger role than the audio stories. Glad he went for what he wanted in his career though. Excited for new Doctor Who episodes
not sure when I’ll get the ability to see them since I don’t have cable, but soon enough! Love the pug sticker!

#4 @jenhart - Thank you for these cute pumpkins! Thank you for sharing some of your favorite things with me. I also enjoy roadside historical markers! There have been a few times I see one of those brown signs on the highway or some kind of marker for a historical place, and I randomly stop and check it out. It’s always been a fun experience!

#6 @mikeyz1 - Thank you for this vintage poster! Yep, this area had a lot of coal and steel! The steel plant closing in Youngstown is still something people are upset about to this day. It was a big blow to the area.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Thank you for this Harry Potter-inspired stack of books! Love the ladders leading up the stack to the little house. Who is that for? Mice? :laughing: Also the stamp, “Don’t go me on the ghost.” :rofl: Hope your McGonagall costume goes off without a hitch!

See all my postcards for this RR here!

1 Like

Update from #2 Sunshein - Received

#20 @Triol - Dear Olga, thanks for the pretty map of the world, though I’m not sure if the drawing in Alaska is supposed to be a monkey or a mythical monster like Bigfoot. Do you know?

#28 @TwoDoggies - Dear Terri, thanks for the S. Dali card. Your description of your local post office sounds like the town prior to ours. When we first moved here, my husband and I were amazed at how dilapidated the area was. Even parts of the Middle East that had had Arab Spring Uprisings looked better.

To Receive: 10

#20 @Triol Cute mouse holding pumpkin candy bucket. Thank you!
#28 @TwoDoggies spooky tree with hanging pumpkins! Thank you!

To Receive: 25, 27

#5, with my final card for this month:

#28 @TwoDoggies - thank you for the Savador Dali card! He’s a favorite of mine. Sounds like your winding-down is coming along!

Here are all my cards.

Boo!

1 Like