[RR] North American November Round Robin - The Tofurkey Edition - Closed!

Hi Y’all #21 reporting

All cards are in the mailbox :mailbox_with_mail:

#11 sarahgrab1 reporting:

All cards were mailed today!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

All cards going out in mail today.

I noticed that #13’s user name was incorrectly listed on the address list in case anyone wants to look at profiles.

It should be TheVintageDarling vs TheVintageDarline

#19 received

#2 @CrimsonKing - thank you! A key that holds keys, how fun!

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach - thank you! For Thanksgiving, my parents always host my mom’s side of the family and any other friends that have nowhere to go to celebrate. This year, though, now that I am married, I will need to find a way to be a two within hours of each other!

2 Likes

Good evening! #17 reporting Cards 22-30 are going out in tomorrow’s mail! Phew! That was fun!

#5 - All my cards will be in today’s mail.

#8 Shesa-Renegade with my first received cards!!

#7 @alcott1 sends an interior view of the Thomas Sappington House in Missouri. Thank you for sharing what cozy means to you. I agree with you - there is nothing like having a cozy room in your home. I love my home and feel like it is so cozy.

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach sends a fun hedgehog card. Aren’t they adorable?? What a fabulous 6-word story! I love it!! I meant to ask you, do you know who the artist is for the card you sent me last month? It has an adorable mouse and frog on it. A friend asked if I knew, but I didn’t and there was nothing on the card to tell me. Thanks!

Received 7, 9
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

1 Like

The artist is Jean Weiner. I’m glad you enjoyed the card.

#10 emotis received:

#7 @alcott1 Beautiful Acadia LP card. I’m also thankful for the National Parks!
#9 @WrenAtTheBeach Sweet autumn bunny. And I am so looking forward to celebrating my grandson’s first holidays. He’s so much fun!

Thank you both!!

To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

1 Like

#14 hazygirl reporting

#7 @alcott sent The Palmer House in Chicago. Love these cards!

#22 @uconn sent most excellent and unique tea card. This card so awesome. Great stamps!

1 Like

#19 received

#22 @uconn - thank you! I had to look up the show. Looks interesting. We will add it to our list of shows to see!

1 Like

#15 (Buttercup3000) reporting:

#22 @uconn card arrived on Friday! My first EVER Star Wars card, I am very excited! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

November 2023 NARR
Report #1

The first dishes of November’s lavish feast have arrived!

#09 @WrenAtTheBeach: sent a very cool turkey to kick things off. Wonder what the Pilgrims would have thought about sunglasses! Wonder what this turkey thinks is so rad about Thanksgiving, seeing as he’ll soon be the main attraction! We did a little camping as part of our childhood road trips, but my mother and sister were happier to be “Glam”pers and would push for the local mom-and-pop motel whenever they could! Yes, miss those days, too. Thanks!

#22 @Uconn: sent a shot of Judas from the 1922 Oberammergau (Bavaria) Passion Play – the oldest continuous passion play going. Just back from a week in Croatia and Italy which really had me revisiting the huge role religion played in their daily lives (still does for many). I love how passion plays are local grassroots efforts to augment the church’s work. Quite a commitment and some pretty nutty stuff. Thanks!

I’ve only sent out a handful of cards so far this month. More to come.

Thanks!

Rocky Road Trip #30

2 Likes

#21 Reporting

Received: 7
To Receive: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Thank you @alcott1 (#7) for the beautiful cathedral postcard. I bet I’d love seeing the detail you described of the inside.

My first three cards arrived in the mail yesterday. Thank you to:

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach for the great pie card! As a vegetarian, pie is often one of the things I can eat at Thanksgiving. My favourite part of the meal is mashed potatoes with a nice mushroom gravy. I have to point out that the pie on this card has layers. I’ve never seen a layered pie before!

#13 @TheVintageDarling for the adorable cat card! There’s even cat stickers, washi and a bobcat stamp.

#17 @alisonp2022 for another awesome cat card. Best of luck as you finish your librarian studies. My school librarian is one of my best friends. She’s planning to retire this year and she’ll likely not be replaced. There are no certified librarians in any of our elementary buildings any more. It’s so sad!

I haven’t even started working on my cards yet. That’s a task for this week.

3 Likes

Thank you my fellow Illinois Native #7 @alcott1

1 Like

All cards sent out this morning!
Garry

#15 Reporting:

Just mailed cards 1-14! (Hoping to get more dropped off this evening!)

Also!

#25 @Morningofthesun sent this lovely Lou Thanksgiving card! Very exciting because I just started collecting them and I didn’t have this one yet! Thank you so much, Dawn :blush:

1 Like

#25 Reporting - got my first round of postcards today - I love happy mail!

#7 @alcott1 sent a beautiful purple flower postcard. I’m sorry you and I are on the same journey without our beautiful boys. Your handwriting is similar to my grandma’s -it made me smile.

#9 @WrenAtTheBeach sent a cozy fall landscape with beautiful fall leaves. I wish Florida had more seasons. Thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot!

#13 @TheVintageDarling sent Santa Painting! Very fitting as I love to paint, it is so calming to me. Thank you for the pretty stamps and decorations.

#19 @ellistrations sent a postcard from Savannah Georgia, I love the purple in the sky. We are going to North Georgia for the Holidays for change of scenery. Love the stamps, thank you!

#22 @uconn sent a beautiful landscape photo from Northampton MA - love the colors! Sunsets are magical. Thank you for the amazing stamps.

4 Likes