[RR] North American November 2022 Round Robin - The Stuffing or Dressing Edition - Closed!

#15 Hazygirl received from King James
#22 @uconn my very best favorite Snoopy and hello from the Schulz Museum in CA! You’re amazing with these cards!

1 Like

#29 - My first two postcards have arrived!

#5 @carolreader - Thank you Carol for this postcard of cute prairie dogs from Theodore Roosevelt National Park! I’ve never seen prairie dogs that I know of. I suppose they could have been at a zoo at some point that I’ve visited. They look so darn cute!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - Thank you Rick for this postcard from a ship Endurance on an expedition to the South Pole in 1915! The photo is definitely spooky, I agree. The whole idea of going to the south pole is fascinating!

1 Like

#19 received

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA - thank you! They’re so beautiful!

#22 @uconn - thank you! Sounds like you had a great Halloween night planned out. November will be crazy busy, but I’m ready!

1 Like

#25 jocrafts here receiving before I’ve even started sending yet :sweat_smile:

#5 @carolreader what a lovely be yourself tiger postcard. Glad your knee cooperated with your recent runs!
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA lolol a great New Yorker postcard
#19 @ellistrations I am loving the decor on your postcard labels. A lovely thanksgiving postcard. We had a friend who had a raccoon living in their garbage can for the past week–honesty a perfect home for raccoons.
#22 @uconn lmappp a great Trump sandwich postcard. It is funny how 12 year olds get away with just wearing hoodies and getting a ton of candy.

Thank y’all!

3 Likes

#14 here 1/2 of the cards send out. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in for the first time this month. All y’all are on the ball this month sending out postcards! Today I received my first four in the mail.

#5 @carolreader sends a great card of the inside of a diner. I am with you in that I don’t do a lot for Thanksgiving. I much prefer small mom and pop restaurants. There is history and charm about them!

#9 @akap25 sends a pumpkin/autumn themed card. Arcelia - take the trip. Trust me! Solo travel is amazing. Reach out if you ever want information about traveling solo with groups. I do it once a year and have not only visited some amazing places, but met such wonderful people.

#19 @ellistrations sends a lovely beach card from Cumberland Island, Georgia. Okay, now I need a new label maker! Mine is really old, but I love your little sticker. You are such an enabler!! :rofl:

#22 @uconn sends a gorgeous card from Monterey Bay. I spent one autumn in Willimantic and fondly remember the beginning of autumn. It is absolutely my favorite time of year.

Received 5, 9, 19, 22

3 Likes

#5 @carolreader – Theodore Roosevelt National Park–I have not been there, though I’ve been close. I didn’t realize how close. I want to go there!

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA – Hotel Brunswick, Lancaster, PA. I’m thinking this must be a little past mid-century modern. 70’s modern maybe? I’m glad we’ve moved into other types of architecture.

#22 @uconn – A delightful card! And I felt that way, too, a couple days ago–another month over and another year older.

Thank you!

2 Likes

#16 @jacieslar I’ve sent the following cards:

#1-15, #17, #18, #23 and #24

1 Like

whooo~ another month begins!

26 sent all and received: #17 and 22

17 @YOIYUMTEWA - thank you for this vintage view of london’s first skyscraper hotel, hilton hotel; the architecture is very of its time haha. but it does have that retro 60’s charm that i kind of love and the exterior remains largely unchanged today! :hotel:

22 @uconn - this hartford illustration print is so C U T E ~ omg thank you, james! next time i am in hartford, i will have to drop by (peeked at their website omg i could spend so much money here haha); love supporting small artists and businesses like this :two_hearts:

2 Likes

This week I’ve received four fabulous cards for this month already. Meanwhile, I haven’t even thought about sending mine yet. Zoinks! In any case, thank you to:

#4 @jenhart for the cool modern art card (Veronica’s Veil CCIV by Herb Jackson) and Snoopy sticker. I do enjoy some modern art, and this painting works for me

#5 @carolreader for the great painting The Eviction by Raymond Grathwol from the Akron Art Museum. I thought the same thing when I saw this card, “gee, looks like homes I’m familiar with.”

#19 @ellistrations for the awesome Statue of Freedom card. Yes, it is an addiction!! :laughing:

#22 @uconn for the art from the A.V. Shchusev Museum in Moscow. I love the 1930s design…even though it appears that the work was done in 1989! My husband has been able to negotiate being able to work from home most days now. What he typically does is work from home Mondays and Fridays, and then works from home only in the mornings the rest of the week, heading into the office after lunch. This allows him to sleep later and avoid rush hour traffic.

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

#19 @ellistrations – Guitarist in an autumn field. Pretty card, even with the USPS telling me it’s Energy in Action Month.

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade checking in with a wonderful postcard received from #17 @YOIYUMTEWA who sent a vintage map card of West Virginia. I did a bit of my field work in college in West Virginia so it holds a special place in my heart. Thank you for sharing a favorite of yours with me this month.

Received 5, 9, 17, 19, 22

#5 @carolreader sends a battle taken from Warrior 17. What an amazing view so much going on here no escaping there spears war is something else. Thank you Carol my 1st like this.

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA Racing off Marblehead Mass. Sail boats galore very nice thank you Rick.

1 Like

#19 received

#4 @jenhart - thank you! So cute!

#26 @sarahaeyo - thank you! Anything with lights reflecting off the water is beautiful, this is great! I’ve never been to the Gateway either, maybe one day.

1 Like

#8 Shesa-Renegade reporting that cards 1-16 went out with the mail today, and the other half are written and will be in Monday’s mail.

Received 5, 9, 17, 19, 22

#22 uconn

#17 @YOIYUMTEWA I like this vintage humor card you picked. Thanks

#26 @sarahaeyo I agree with you, of the Stranger Things vibe from this HP Lovecraft inspired card! It’s been awhile since I’ve been to Providence. I’ve been on Thayer St many times

1 Like

#15 Hazygirl reporting

#5 @carolreader sent fun Lou Paper cocktails. I could use one right about now
#17 @YOIYUMTEWA sent a cool vintage WV map card. Excellent.
#19 @ellistrations sent a NC meet up card. I love these!
#26 @sarahaeyo sent Darth Maul. I remember seeing it for first time with that off the hook light saber. Whoa!

2 Likes

Another nice card arrived yesterday. Thank you #17 @YOIYUMTEWA for the vintage roller coaster card. I feel similarly. I don’t care for amusement parks all too much, but like a good, old-fashioned roller coaster. I’m not a fan of rides that spin you around, nor do I like the “extreme” roller coasters.

The first update has been completed.

1 Like

5 @carolreader - Buffalo hear with calves!!! Remarkable animals. We had a ranch here that raised them until the city got too close (and people got too dumb) I liked to watch them. It actually is a great spinning fiber - that light down! The natives were careful to hunt them before that winter down shed out, as it was the warmth factor. It’s not as fine as cashmere, but still very fine and soft!
17 - @yoiyumtewa - Armstrong Mill Covered bridge - a delightful vintage card
22 @uconn - Train - of cut paper collage - very clever and fun! oh, no, back to work in the office!

Thank you all for the wonderful cards.

2 Likes

#2 will be sending all cards out tomorrow! :smiley:

Received:

#4 @jenhart sent an elephant card wearing a crown with an owl perched upon the crown, thank you Jen! Love these cards. :heart: The Snoopy & Woodstock sticker on back is awesome. I too am thankful for this group. :blush:

#18 @LaurenceB sent a fox, a cute one, thank you Lau! Aww, I’m glad you were able to spend the day with just the two of you, what did you two do for the day? :slight_smile: Work, bleh! :fox_face: