[RR] North American May 2021 RR - The May We Be Able to Travel Soon Edition - Closed

I lived in Lincoln City as a young child. Oregon is my heart’s home.

#21 Beachyblonde

#1 @cawindt Thank you for the lovely postcard with dolphins! I hope to make it to France someday! It really does seem beautiful!!

#7 @treeclimber Thank you for the epic Folgers postcard! I have recently started with my ancestry and it is so interesting! I also sent in for my DNA and I’m about 98% European. A lot of it matches the history that I have found so far! I love history so familial history is even more cool to me!

#10 @emotis Thank you for the epic Seattle map postcard! I love looking at maps! It also sounds like you had a lovely day!!

#12 @Yarn-Lady Thank you for the beautiful Oregon Coast postcard! I hope you get to make it to see the coast again soon!

#16 @hootnoodle Thank you for the lovely Pebble Beach postcard! Thank you for donating blood! That’s such a wonderful cause!

#24 @roxy Thank you for the awesome Lantern Press New York typography card! Hopefully you’ll get to start going back down to NY soonish!

#25 @jocrafts Thank you for the lovely ladies postcard and all of the stamps! Is the cow sticker scented?!

#27 @HookedonPostcards Thank you for the incredible sea glass postcard! I love finding them as well! I miss getting to take a quick trip to the beach!

#28 @FrogSalad Thank you for the awesome Hawk postcard! I love watching birds of prey! They’re so graceful!

1 Like

Tomorrow the remainder of my cards for this group will be in the mail:
#2, #4, #6, #7, #8, #9, #11, #12, #13, #16, #18, #20, #23, #24, #25, #27, #28, #29, #30

1 Like

#5 reporting:

#1 @cawindt – The Riviera! What a great vacation for you! Thank you for the scene - yes, it does look very Mediterranean. I have never been to France (only overseas in 2018 and 2019, then Covid!). I will go someday.

#17 @dnrhott – a glow in the dark nature scene – a lovely crescent moon. Thank you for the card!

#22 @TwoDoggies – “Pyramid of the Capitalist System, 1911” vintage drawing – what a cool card!! Thank you! I had never heard of Samuel Best, so I looked him up on Goodreads. He has fans! Which of his books are you reading? I may give it a try.

#29 @melvnoble - I really like this painting – “Job Lot Cheap”. Thanks! I love dogs too. If not for my birds, I’d have one.

Great cards received late last week:

#3 @Cruzin sent a Lou Paper card of sushi. I love it! Also, love your decorations again.

#13 @ladybug513 sent a card of Moods Covered Bridge in East Rockhill Township, PA. It’s beautiful!
Love all your washi tape and stickers!

#23 @nique sent a newly repainted old scooter. Zoom zoom. Your stickers are the cutest, especially that “Thank You Postal Worker” one.

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

#6 reporting

#1 @cawindt sent a nice Mount Rushmore card! I hope you got your projects done!!

#7 @treeclimber sent bananas and pears!

#23 @Nique sent delicious cherries! Yum! And thanks for the book recommendation, Factory Girl. I haven’t read that but put it on my list

#29 @melvnoble sent a great telephone operator from the White House from 1900. Cool!

Thanks all!

1 Like

I bought a whole new set of stamp inks. It’s a lovely rainbow of colors that I can’t wait to use.

#8 received some wonderful cards this week!

#1 @cawindt sent a multiview card of the cathedrals of Provence. What a wonderful find in the basement!

#9 @mere5oh sends a travel card from Zion National Park. I love these types of cards. I have thought about putting this type of artwork in my living room. Have a great time on your trip. The Tetons are my favorite national park. It’s where I saw my first moose!

#24 @roxy sends a card from Eggers Hall at Syracuse University. My bank account has been happy without all of my traveling, too. However, it’s in for a shock later this year…haha.

#29 @melvnoble sends a card from Wailua Falls in Kauai, Hawaii. This is one of the places on my list for travel next year!

Received: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29
To receive: 7, 10, 11, 20, 22, 23, 27, 30

#7 checking in… forgot to post that all my cards went out on 5/10

#1 @cawindt - lovely view of a lavender field in Provence!

#2 @johnbradleytlh - a detailed pen and ink drawing of Ferlita Bakery in Ybor City FL

#3 @Cruzin - beautiful poppies!

#4 @jaqueposts - a cute doggie! Good luck on the job.

#5 @carolreader - great print of the Brooklyn Bridge. I visited NYC back in 1990 at Thanksgiving. So much to see - we packed in a lot!

#6 @mikeyz1 - Rehearsal in the Studio by Edmund Tarbell. Lovely! I’ll have to look up more of his work.

#8 @Shesa-Renegade - Keep Calm and Take a Road Trip. I’m so ready to travel again. NC just removed a lot of the restrictions.

#9 @mere5oh - Wyoming landmarks - Yellowstone and Grand Tetons are beautiful. Enjoy your road trip!

#10 @emotis - GF Denmark - Enjoy your vacation!

#12 @Yarn-Lady - beautiful poppies! I’ve never tried to grow them… might have to add them to my list.

#13 @ladybug513 - card from the Cat Lovers Postcard Book - this view reminds me of the place I stayed in Frayssinet France with the trees and vines creating a nice cover for a picnic table.

#14 @BarbL - New England Headlands by Childe Hassam. Nice job on the haikus!

#15 @AccentOnHakes - butterfly on a lily - raining butterflies sounds like a wonderful activity for 1st graders. when I was in 1st grade, one of the parents in another class brought in a boa constrictor. Snakes are not my thing so I told my teacher I was allergic. I don’t know if she believed me or was impressed that I used the word allergic LOL!

#16 @hootnoodle - an artistic kitty posing with her refrigerator art. Good luck with your planting.

#17 @dnrhott - Hawaiian Hibiscus and Goose. I look forward to hearing more about Trinidad.

#18 @theosprey247 - butterfly and flower collage. it was down in the 60s here last week and they are saying 90s by this weekend.

#19 @ellistrations - Chrysanthemums by Monet - I’m not sure I’ve seen this print before. I don’t have a back up camera on my car either but I do want a new car. Mine is 17 now so things are starting to fail.

#21 @Beachyblonde - Happy Spring! I started my ‘little’ genealogy project about 20 years ago. We have a family bible from my mother’s side and I thought it would be nice to know how everyone listed fit together. Love the fancy script writing too! All these years later, I have only 2 names out of 35 that I just can’t seem to figure out the connection. And that little project took off and I’ve got all kinds of info I never dreamed of finding. Good luck with your project!

#23 @Nique - beautiful orchids! So, ‘Treeclimber’ is taken from one of my hobbies - genealogy. It’s been many years since I physically climbed a tree. I’m sure I still could, I just don’t feel the need LOL.

#24 @roxy - The Impossible Project a polaroid of a vintage Coke sign. Love this series!

#25 @jocrafts - Bodalicious by Shan Kelly Cecilio. I tried press-ons once. don’t remember the brand but they held up well. I keep my nails short these days with all my crafting projects. I tried acrylic a couple times - too much maintenance for me.

#26 @alcott1 - Fort Frederica National Monument - I don’t remember if I’ve been there. Growing up, my dad took us to just about every fort or battlesite we were near because he loved history. Now I go to them too LOL. There are some that are quite unique. Fort Matanzas in Florida is one that comes to mind - just a single wall to protect from people coming up the river.

#28 @FrogSalad - At the Milliner’s by Manet - nice marks in the background on this one. We are supposed to be in the 90s by the end of this week.

Some wonderful vintage stamps and a couple Earth Day postmarks. Thanks Everyone!

4 Likes

Just one today for #27, from #13 @ladybug513.

Thank you for the Ursula Le Guin postcard. One of the things I especially like about Postcrossing is that we learn so much from other members. I have not read Le Guin, but your postcard has me intrigued. As much, also, about Le Guin’s father and Ishi. Fascinating!
Thank you so much for sharing and encouraging me to dig dipper.
We visited the garden centre today. I got too many annuals. Hubby got just the right amount of tomatoes! :wink:

#7 @treeclimber – lovely postcard of two happy girls–so true, “The time to be happy is now.”
#9 @mere5oh – Beautiful Saguaro National Park sunset. The Snuffleupagus stamp was hand cancelled-I don’t think I’ve seen a hand stamp in a long time.
#22 @TwoDoggies – Sweet accordion postcard. My family was able to get together in person for Mother’s Day, too–it was wonderful!
#23 @Nique – Very interesting Canada postcard. I’ve read all of Erik Larson’s book. Isaac’s Storm was my favorite.
#27 @HookedonPostcards – “Our Grandmothers, Ourselves” – beautiful book. I really enjoyed your note.
#29 @melvnoble – Beautiful seaside scene–I’m sure it’s Greece, too. I’m really looking forward to traveling!
Thank you!

2 Likes

#10 @emotis sent a beautiful Lou Paper Spring garden card. I hope your garden meets your expectations (I have a brown thumb).

#23 @Nique love that sunset washi and a blue bird sticker lovely thanks for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: liking my shark I drew yes my name.

#29 @melvnoble some arches or structures yes I draw
Thanks

1 Like

#23 :wave:

Thanks for the :high_brightness: you added to my day:

#4 @jaqueposts so THAT’S what everyone’s been talking about! So nice to be “in” on it :wink: and know some of the details. I hear they got lots of good music :notes: in Nashville :musical_score: Wouldn’t that be FuN? I liked your smooth postcard. And those stamps! Way cool! :football: :baseball:

#8 @Shesa-Renegade YOU are a SCIENTIST? :woman_scientist: Working in the BAHAMAS? :beach_umbrella: And here I thought I had the best job in the world! Your red :heart:'s are delightful beside your very neat printing!

Thank you both :bangbang:

2 Likes

#19 ellistrations received

#9 @mere5oh - watercolor hot air balloon, thank you! Yes, these are perfect for my collection! :slight_smile: I’m so glad you were able to have a great Mom’s day! I had the day to myself as my mom went out to the golf tournament with my dad.

#22 @TwoDoggies - peacock feather, thank you! I love how vibrant this is. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother’s Day! Yes, the gas issue caused a lot of problems here locally as well and now as we are starting to get gas back, long lines still continue as people are also filling up tubs as well.

#27 @HookedonPostcards - Lake Ontario in the fall. What fun to be able to hike with grandchildren every week! Thanks from #16.

#25 jocrafts here received:

#2 @johnbradleytlh a lovely quote from Cocoa Beach Pier
#3 @Cruzin a great quote. My husband runs the laundry every day by himself, so I understand how two people run the laundry everyday, too. :stuck_out_tongue:
#4 @jaqueposts I ADORE this postcard of how we are in it together. Hope the new job works out!!
#5 @carolreader i love this–I color outside the lines in real life ALL the time.
#6 @mikeyz1 a PC of Kate Bornstein–I hear you on the male protagonist thing. My husband now knows to think about if a movie will pass the Bechdel test before suggesting it to me. It’s such a low bar, but so many movies don’t pass it.
#8 @Shesa-Renegade lovely Mt. Drum. Yayyyy for crafty time.
#12 @Yarn-Lady love the couple on the bike! oooh-greenhouse sounds so fun!
#13 @ladybug513 a PC by Charles Addams–funny one! I love your life hack :slight_smile: My dad keeps his list of meds and surgeries all printed on a business card and has it in his wallet, suitcases, etc. He has another one for all of his emergency contacts. It definitely makes everyone’s lives easier.
#14 @BarbL lovely Dalai Lama quote and even better garden haikus!! Lovely :slight_smile:
#16 @hootnoodle lovely postcard of Ibtihaj Muhammad. I love fresh veggies, for sure! I have yet to do vegetable garden; just sticking to house plants for now. Y’all are all intriguing me!
#17 @dnrhott what a fun Butterfly fish postcard. Thank you!
#21 @Beachyblonde what a cute Yappy Postcrossing postcard :slight_smile: Good luck!
#23 @Nique lovely vintage stringed instrument illustration collection. Thank you for the Robin Sharma suggestion! What a sweet thing you do with the Seniors apartment building :slight_smile:
#24 @roxy lovely tile!! Thank you :slight_smile:
#27 @HookedonPostcards WHAT a lovely “trooping the color” postcard! Thank you :slight_smile:
#28 @FrogSalad I do remember my dreams often! I kind of hate that I do, because I do have some anxiety filled ones :frowning: I love that your cats are part of your good dreams
#29 @melvnoble hehheheheeee I do love mussel-y jokes :stuck_out_tongue: Thank you for the snicker.

Thank you all!!!

5 Likes

More wonderful cards to report:

#2 @johnbradleytlh sent a great cigar card - Tampa Fad “worth any money”

#6 @mikeyz1 sent the Cilley Bridge in Vermont - I hear you on the bedtime struggle. Don’t you wish you had her energy?

#8 @Shesa-Renegade sent the Conway Covered Bridge

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent the folk art tomb in Greenwood Cemetery (btw, no need to send my cards in an envelope)

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent an Indiana covered bridge

#18 @theosprey247 sent a gorgeous California Lou Paper card. I want to go to Palm Springs!

#19 @ellistrations sent a pretty illustration of flowers in a terra cotta pot. That little bunny peeking out is so cute.

#21 @Beachyblonde sent a great cigar box art card for Rosa de Santos

3 Likes

#11 TandemStoker. Received the following great cards! :heart:

#2 @johnbradleytlh
Epcot! This is from a commemorative Epcot map? It makes a perfect postcard … and the weight of the paper is perfect, too! I’m happy to have this! It survived and if you hadn’t told me, I would have thought it was a postcard. Thanks John … and for the Mother’s Day wishes, too!

#4 @jaqueposts
It’s Hello Kitty! Always brings a smile to my face. Are you moving to Nashville? Great postage and washi and stickers. Thanks Jaque!

#5 @carolreader
A great b&w of smoke rings! My father was a heavy smoker and quit cold turkey after smoking for 20+ years. My brother is still a heavy smoker … I’m not sure he wants to quit. Great postage of which I’ve not seen before. Thanks Carol!

#12 @Yarn-Lady
BMW Super-Tech bike. I haven’t ridden a single bike since we got our tandem (13 years now). I love seeing the little ones ride their bikes … especially seeing their little legs pedal. Thanks Cynthia!

#13 @ladybug513
Poster for Kynoch Cycles. I had a nice chuckle reading you and hubby are dressing as Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head! What fun. Love the very colorful washi and sticker … and the cyclists washi, too. Thanks Susan!

#18 @theosprey247
Christopher Arndt’s Golden Gate Bridge. I lived in Sunnyvale and we spent a lot of weekends (when we didn’t have anything planned) visiting SF. I’ve never walked or biked across the bridge but plan to the next time we’re out that way. Thanks Javier!

#19 @ellistrations
The Nebraska State Flag by Lantern Press. Yes, I enjoy these RRs, too. Good luck with your new job next month. Thanks Barbara!

#21 @beachyblonde
Mailboxes. I’m happy to add this to my collection. You describe a nice part of your day - writing postcards while outside with the kids. Thanks Whitney!

#26 @alcott1
The USPS postcard of the 1940’s poster of “Rosie the Riveter.” I’m happy to have this! Thanks Mary!

#28 @FrogSalad A beautiful cat from Christopher Arndt from my faves. Those blue eyes are stunning! May is bringing us a lot of much-needed rain. I can’t wait to plant some flowers when it dries up a bit. Thanks Susie!

3 Likes

#8 received one card yesterday!

#7 @treeclimber sent a wonderful mindfulness postcard with a coffee cup that says “Think happy, Be happy.” Love this and it fits my relaxation theme so well. I don’t like coffee either. I’m a tea drinker…and I love hot chocolate, too!

Received: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29
To receive: 10, 11, 20, 22, 23, 27, 30