[RR] North American March 2023 Round Robin - The March to the Beat of a Different Drummer Edition - Closed

This looks fine, @harleyq2btrue. You did everything right - you tagged the sender, you put the number in bold, which helps me immensely, and most importantly, you put the cards in numerical order. Gold star for you! :star2:

2 Likes

#19 received

#2 @CrimsonKing - thank you! The puppy sticker is a yellow lab and close to what Nalu looked like. She was so small when we first got her, she could hide herself under our low sitting buffet table and under the bars on our stools. I miss that.

#7 @lyndylou5 - thank you! I love the story of legends, but it does spook you when you hear unexplainable things, haha!

#20 @harleyq2btrue - thank you! Haha, I am happy with this card! It’s fun and she looks so relaxed. We used to have a rope hammock when we first moved here but never replaced it, so I often wish I could lay in one again.

#22 @uconn - thank you! Happy you didn’t send me a creepy one, haha! Though they do sound neat.

2 Likes

March 2023 NARR

Report 1 from: Rocky Road Trip #30

Two early risers!

#19 @Ellistrations: sent a beautiful view of the rocky shores of Acadia National Park that features the iconic Bass Harbor Head lighthouse nestled within the pines. Great shark sticker and shamrock label, too. And miraculously, your card arrived with no stamp on it at all! There’s really no evidence one was ever there and got ripped off somehow, or something. Just a clean, unblemished, spot. So your goal of saving money in March is off to a smashing start! :blush: Thanks!

#22 @Uconn: sent a hilarious slice-of-life shot of Billy Carter (President Jimmy Carter’s black sheep celebrity brother) “relaxing” in front of his service station in Plains, GA. I guess they told him to keep the Billy Beer out of this shot, though it would have completed the picture nicely! Yeah, the dog so obviously wanting to be let into the office is an added-bonus detail. The upcoming Norwalk, CT stamp show looks great. In addition to the special Copernicus commemorative envelope with the Webb Telescope stamp, this also sounded interesting: “New this year will be a table devoted to Ukrainian philately and material supporting their cause.” Have you seen any dealers selling postcards there? Thanks!

You can view these two March 2023 postcards HERE.

Outgoing: Only a handful of my March cards have been sent. (1, 6, 10, 24, 26 to be exact)

Will get to more this week.

Rocky Road Trip #30

2 Likes

#5:

From #22 @uconn, the perfect first card for this month’s RR: a casual shot of Jimmy Carter in Plains in 1976. I have great admiration and affection for Carter - so, thank you! I’m so glad that your grandmother is thriving now, too.

1 Like

I’ve never been to this show, but I went to the New Haven stamp show in Feb for the 1st time. Only one vendor had two shoe boxes of postcards. I found about 50 to buy. I’ll see how Norwalk is.
Oneco, CT post office will be there. They had the sold out online recent issues. You can buy fox stamps off of the 10k roll too.

1 Like

#13 with the first gems from:

#2 @CrimsonKing - a Pot of Gold for St. Patrick’s Day! I wish! And a totally decorated back of the card, too! Thank you! I have to admit I never paid much attention to St. Patrick’s Day until our son married Erin who is half-Irish. Honestly, I never thought to bake cupcakes for the day. Huh!

#19 @ellistrations - Thank you for the fruit wall chart! I like this series of postcards and any strawberry is always welcome! Love the washi and stickers. Mice cream, LOL! But, thank you, thank you for the fantastic polar bear card. Josie will love it! I would think a Coca Cola card is not easy to find. I appreciate your willingness to part with it.

#22 @uconn - Repeating myself, but thank you, thank you for the polar bear, this one from an orange crate label. This card brings the number up to five polar bear cards for Josie’s album. She will be thrilled! Crate labels seem to be a lost art. The closest I’ve found (and actually have postcards stored in) is a Darling Clementines crate from a number of years ago.

3 Likes

#22 uconn

#2 @CrimsonKing thanks for this St. Patrick’s Day card

#19 @ellistrations my dad has had a mustache for years. Thanks for this St. Patrick’s Day card.

2 Likes

#15 all cards written.

#8 Shesa-Renegade letting you know that all of my cards are written and will be dropped off at the Post Office on my way into work tomorrow.

#8 Shesa-Renegade with my first received card from #19 @ellistrations who sends a great Lou Paper card for St. Patrick’s Day. I am of Irish descent so I think it’s the law that I have to celebrate…haha.

Received 19

1 Like

#2 reporting

#9 @RobinP sent a cute little black bear, thank you Robin! :bear: I haven’t cross stitched in 6 months, but I’m about to pick it back up again. I’m in the middle of two big projects that are gifts when I finish them. Oh, I bet that jacket came out beautifully!

#19 @ellistrations sent Busch Wildlife Sanctuary, thank you Barbara! I’ll remind you to wear green, if I think of it, haha! :four_leaf_clover: Always a lot to do with not enough time, but you’ll manage to get it done. :smiley:

1 Like

#23 sent all cards today!

#24 reporting

Cards 1-13 have been mailed.

#23 received

#7 @lyndylou5 thank you for the view card of the harbor! I think watching the tugboats and such is a fun past time

#22 @uconn thank you for the PHQ card! I hope you were able to get that one cool stamp from USPS at the stamp show

#16 reporting

#1-!4, #18, #23, #24 and #27 are in the mail

#9 received

from #4 @jenhart - travel art for the Black Hills in South Dakota. I long for false spring, as we’ve jumped into an early start of the pollening around here. Probably not long before y’all hit it if you haven’t already :frowning:

from #28 @TwoDoggies - a lovely travel card of Kobuk Valley National Park. Your book sounds fabulous! One of my dreams is to rent a camper and take some long road trips (and maybe do a year of homeschool while we’re at it!) to see as many national parks as we can mange. But not yet. The kids need a couple of more years before we’re ready for that!

Thank you both for the fabulous cards!

#2 reporting

#4 @jenhart sent a beautiful green, square card, thank you Jennifer! Aww, pet that fur-ball cat for me. :smiley_cat: Love the sticker you added to the back as well.

#16 @jacieslar sent a St. Patrick’s Day card, thank you JoAnne! :four_leaf_clover: No shenanigans here either, haha. Just stay home and cook some corned beef in the crockpot. :yum:

#18 @LaurenceB sent a green Pantone, thank you Lau! :green_heart: I’m a bit Irish too and one of my sisters was born on St. Patrick’s Day, her name is Colleen. :four_leaf_clover: One item that I can’t throw out? That would have to be a tin filled with papers with rainbows and clouds on them that I received from my parents over four decades ago. :blush:

#20 @harleyq2btrue sent a pin-up, thank you Harley! Love this girl. :heart_eyes: Yep, same here, brown hair and onions :onion: ugh, haha! I find that the yellow ones are strong on the eyeballs and not being able to see! :rofl: Thanks for the belated bday wish!

#22 @uconn sent a tan Pantone, thank you James! Does Igor do a happy dance when you stay home? Does he bring you toys to throw for him? Lay his head on your knee and watch you work? Hehe! :dog:

#28 @TwoDoggies sent a green hallway, thank you Terri! :green_circle: I have to agree with all you stated on the back about the March writing prompt. Unfortunate events that are being ignored. Love that fox stamp. :fox_face:

Thank you everyone! :smiley:

2 Likes

#19 received

#9 @RobinP - thank you! We have a herd of deer that comes through our neighborhood. I have to be careful in the morning letting my dog out, cause they’ll be in our fenced yard. It’s so fun to watch!

#26 @sarahaeyo - thank you! Those cookies sound delicious!

1 Like

@harleyq2btrue #20 Thank you for this beautiful painting! You’re right, it does bring a lot of peace. I hope you have been finding a few of those moments yourself.

1 Like

#11 Hazygirl reporting

#2. @CrimsonKing sent St Patrick’s Day. I am so ready for the green!

#4 @jenhart sent San Diego, I agree about the climate there

#19 @ellistrations sent Lou Paper Bloody Mary. I’m not a fan of them for sure. There was a show on about Buffalo Wings and it seems Frank’s Hot Sauce was originally meant for Bloody Marys.

#20. @harleyq2btrue sent a - yes it’s definitely- a nautical card. I haven’t been out to Montauk in ages. I know people there too. Maybe it’s time for a visit.

3 Likes