[RR] North American March 2021 Round Robin - Spring Is in the Air Edition - Closed!

#3 rec’d

#1 @cawindt Great Votes for Women card!!! I never realized women had a right to vote in the west before the 19th amendment. I could do away with Daylight Saving Time too!

#2 @oniisen Studio Ghibli card Ponyo!! I seen a few!! What’s funny is whenever hubby or myself have a shirt on with something from them, how many comments we get! Very popular!

#10 @emotis Crystal Hotel in Portland, OR!! Portland has some grand old hotels. Loved the Benson!! Had a Trader Vics in it!!

Thank you all for the great cards!!

2 Likes

#1 @cawindt - “Justice Demands the Vote [for women]”, a 1909 poster. I remember in 1969 I was giving lunchtime speeches at Rotary Clubs, etc., for Washington’s “Vote 19” campaign, a couple of years before 18 year-olds got the right to vote nationally. In the Vietnam years especially, it seemed so wrong that young men could be forced to go to war yet have no say in choosing their elected officials who made all the decisions about war. (I was anti-war then. I suspect you could guess).

#2 @oniisen - a pictorial joke. It took me a minute to FIGure it out.

#21 @Beachyblonde - a happy birthday greeting a bouquet (with slow service from the PO).

Thanks, everyone, from #16

1 Like

OMG YES PLEASE!

1 Like

March 2021 NARR
Report #3

Whoops, just found this little gem of a NARR stockpile under another pile of cards on my desk. So need to get organized!

Thanks to:

#06 @mikeyz1: sent a vintage linen shot of old US 60 as it circumvents a mountain in Buena Vista, Virginia (and here I thought all the Buena Vistas were in central Florida!) Show just how new the highway was the cutaway of forest is fresh and pristine. A shame that infrastructure projects in this country were sources of pride and plentiful. But yes, we’ll soon be road tripping again. Thanks!

#12 @yarn-lady: sent a bizarre illustration of a short alien figure turning on the spigot for spring and watering flowers pushing up from a crack in the concrete slabs. Sort of a hope springs eternal metaphor, I think… From artist David Zinn. Thanks for this cute oddity.

#13 @ladybug513: sent an unintentionally whimsical vintage chrome card of a couple of ladies taking a “jaunting car” ride in Ireland. Think horse and buggy, but the carriage is only a two-seater, exposed to the elements (very risky when on the Emerald Island!) and facing sideways. The coachman looks like he’s nodded off. Hilarious composition and a classic shot. Thanks!

#23 normajean: sent a beautiful sunset shot, silhouetting a docking shrimp trawler back with its hall on the gulf waters of Louisiana. I haven’t been down south in a long while, but miss Louisiana and the Mississippi shoreline. Always the best live music and spicy food. Thanks!

All my March cards have been sent…

Just waiting on #21

You can view all these incoming March cards HERE…

Thanks, everyone!

#6 reporting

#2 @oniisen sent a beautiful sparrow card!

#15 @AccentOnHakes sent a lovely JFK image. Fun stamps on both cards too!

1 Like

#23 @normajean
Received from #10 @emotis a super fantastic Pastries postcard! So awesome! My daughter and I are meat, cheese, and bread eaters, so our sweets didn’t tempt us. I miss the looks on our customers’ faces when they would bite into either the stuffed cupcakes, cheesecake bites, or cookies we made. We knew when they’d pick out an extra that was NOT to be put in the box, they were going to visit a bit and eat it. We didn’t make baklava, or that would have been my diet downfall! It’s my favorite! Your stamps were fabulous as well! Thank you!

Lots of awesome cards arrived yesterday:

#26 @alcott1seht a card from the Cahokia Mounds, world heritage site. That must’ve been a beautiful walk.

#4 @anon38654847 sent the Badlands of South Dakota - so cool!

#19 @ellistrations sent a handmade Elvis card! Love it and appreciate the extra effort!

#16 @hootnoodle sent a Cher doll from my faves! It looks just like her!

#22 @huskerhearing25 sent the Country Air Motel in Jessup Iowa, formerly the Clover Leaf Motel. It’s a big one - 12 modern units! Love it!

#12 @Yarn-Lady sent a cute piece of chalk art. I love seeing the chalk art when I’m out and about… a sure sign of spring!

#17 @BarbL sent Van Gogh’s still life vase with sunflowers. Such a pretty piece of art!

#23 @normajean sent a card of the front door on Preservation Hall in New Orleans. So lovely!

Thanks everyone for the thoughtful cards and messages.

Recieved # 30 @RockyRoadTrip- thanks for the Corona card it’s cute…

#17 received a Storyway vending machine from @roxy. I’d never seen one like that before! Thanks

I’m debating on when to send re-sends or to just wait out the California (and TN) Postmasters that I sent a ton of cards to to get a special postmark. I haven’t received either of my test postcards either. I sent them all off the end of Feb/beginning of Mar.

I also received some awesome postcards from:
#1 @cawindt Thank you for the Votes for Women postcard! I love that you’re sending women of history this month!
#8 @Shesa-Renegade Thank you for the lovely Arkansas map postcard! Good luck with the landscaping!
#22 @huskerhearing25 Thank you for the awesome bison postcard! I drove through South Dakota once and it was lovely!
#24 @roxy Thank you for the epic Ottawa license plate postcard! Oh no about the postcards being clearanced out! My Walmarts don’t carry them!
#26 @alcott1 Thank you for the lovely Cahokia Mounds postcard! I love that you were able to walk there and grab these!
#30 @RockyRoadTrip Thank you for the incredible rowing postcard! I love it! We have an exercise rower as well and you’re right! It’s just not the same!

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about resends yet–about a week ago I received a card that was postmarked before Christmas.

2 Likes

Good point! That mail is still so weird here too. It’s just most of my cards for everyone this month were sent in those envelopes! haha If I don’t start seeing them arrive by Friday, maybe I’ll write the PM’s (or email might be faster!)

Thank you!!

1 Like

@anon38654847 #4–Wonderful quote from “The Ship That Flew”–I believe in Magic!
@Shesa-Renegade #8 – Very interesting piece of furniture–it looks like a desk, but I’m not sure there’s enough room among those branches (?) to write.
@RockyRoadTrip #30–That woman is definitely just posing with that harp, but it does make a nice prop.
Thank you!

1 Like

#14 jaqueposts received:

#28 @FrogSalad awesome Chat Noir postcard! Naples is 2 hours from here, basically just have to drive to the opposite coast of Florida! A lot of people come to Delray for bird watching, we have multiple “wetlands” that are built for visitors. My son loves to spot the turtles.

1 Like

#28 with my final March card to report. #18 @katie333 sent Autumn maple leaves that are mostly shades of red. Why hasn’t someone bottled the smell of autumn leaves yet?

1 Like

#5 reporting:

#24 @roxy – Two Weeki Wachi mermaids in an underwater vehicle – great vintage card with mermaid washi tape – I sense a theme! Great card, front and back - thank you!

#30 @RockyRoadTrip – Last card for this winter (whew!) - a nice vintage view of a horse and buggy near a snowy farm. Reminds me of the song “Over the river and through the woods…” (the “Thanksgiving song”). I googled the caption and Google translate told me it was French…I don’t think so! The translation was nonsense, in any case. I tried another link, and it took me to a site selling pharmaceuticals. Oh, well. Great card – thanks!

I’ve received all cards for this RR.

#29 with one postcard!

#4 @anon38654847 - Thank you for this funny “Greetings from Hell” postcard! I’m going to get the vaccine whenever it becomes available to me! :adhesive_bandage:

See all my NA RR postcards here!

Received:

#8 @shesa-renegade sent me a postcard from Paradise Motel & Restaurant located in a beautiful pecan grove in Georgia. They take Diner’s Club and have a doctor on call… plus look at the pool. Truly paradise!

#9 @GeoJosh sent the beautiful La Casa Del Zorro in Borrego Springs, CA. Such a lovely pool! You know I’ve never done the Baie McLaurin thing… sounds interesting. Perhaps I should tour my own home town once in awhile!

Thank you both!

2 Likes

#27 reporting received:

#1 @cawindt Thank you for the Mary Agnes Chase card, Craig! The stamps on the back are also very cool, but even more is that postmark. I haven’t seen a postmark like that since I was a kid.

#24 @roxy Card of an Ontario Northern Railway steam engine. It’s very interesting as it doesn’t seem to be designed like a classic steam engine design. At the risk of misusing the terminology, it looks more like a modern retro steam-punkish design, if you know what I mean? I can’t seem to pin down the right words perhaps, but it’s really cool, thanks, Brenda!

1 Like

#3 rec’d

#3 @RockyRoadTrip Cockeye world!! Yes, definitely seems to try and knock off Paul McGehee!! Thank you!!